onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Luton Town

Fosse69

Advert

Agree in part about the ref. My opinion there was a glaring yellow for a foul on Harness ( Bycars end ) and I felt the Worrall handbags was a yellow for both players.

Guess we don't want a glut of yellows , we have enough card happy clowns.

So overall he was decent but also a touch lenient.

Pity he and his assistant missed the Chesterfield striker being a couple of yards offside for their first goal

And Sinnott's lad inciting the crowd after he scored.

I'm all in favour of sensible refereeing but I think he went too far the other way today. There were two or three nasty lunges that could have seen yellow. I also thought there were times when he pulled play back for a free kick to Luton when they were in possession and had the advantage.

Agree in part about the ref. My opinion there was a glaring yellow for a foul on Harness ( Bycars end ) and I felt the Worrall handbags was a yellow for both players.

Guess we don't want a glut of yellows , we have enough card happy clowns.

So overall he was decent but also a touch lenient.

I agree, thought that the one on Harness was a yellow and they did a similar foul just before half time too that should have seen a card.

If I'm being picky then he made some right shocking decisions at the end but you can't really complain at 4-0 up.

Just got back to Aylesbury after a game the whole Fielding family absolutely loved. I thought the whole team did brilliantly but Whitfield was my MOTM. He never gave in and never stopped running.

I think Whitfield and Pope will rightly get a lot of plaudits but a word of praise for the defence. Considering they lost Gunning through injury to hold the free scoring league leaders to a cleansheet is a magnificent achievement.

One of the most enjoyable games we have seen for years!

:upthevale:

Missed the Aspo interview on RS as went in Tesco on the way home. What was said re keeping Whitfield and a contract for Gunning?

Assuming I heard it right and I think I did.He said that Ben can't play on Monday.Make of that what you will.Its been reported elsewhere that he has signed (think till end of season)

Maybe the deal didn't go through in time for him to play Monday.But that's nothing more than a wild guess and I have nothing to back up the guess.

Aspin 100% said Whitfield as it stood can't play on Monday unless an agreement is reached beforehand and that it'll be a busy day tomorrow after he enjoys tonight first. The Gunning issue seems clouded, maybe wages are a factor, Gunning in his interview last week was clearly touting for more money and seems to have an ego as big as that horrible git Hylton today.

I like Gunning but he needs to realise he was freed by Grimsby not Man City.

Archived