onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Luton Town

Fosse69

Advert

I know, and like I said it shouldn’t be used as an excuse, in fact it’s an embarrassing excuse, but it’s still a bad pitch though.

Its winter time, we've had some bad weather.It may not have been good.But there have been pitches a lot worse.If they can see that or understand that.Then tough.As has already been mentioned - have they forgot about their plastic pitch (which would have been to their advantage?)

Not that it was an excuse for them losing but our pitch is bad, notice it cuts up something terrible.

Our pitch is, I believe, the only one in the FL which still has a clay base rather than sand. This makes the drainage a bit difficult. Work was done on it three or four years ago to improve it and to be fair, we haven't seen some of the mud heaps we got prior to that. Until the whole pitch is dug up, the clay base is removed and a new drainage system put in place, periods of wet weather will still cause the problems we had yesterday. If anyone has half a million quid plus to spare, perhaps they could do it for Vale!

Its winter time, we've had some bad weather.It may not have been good.But there have been pitches a lot worse.If they can see that or understand that.Then tough.As has already been mentioned - have they forgot about their plastic pitch (which would have been to their advantage?)

I’m really not interested in their excuses or what they think of our pitch. I’m just saying it could be better for our own players benefit. Thanks for the info Jacko.

Not that it was an excuse for them losing but our pitch is bad, notice it cuts up something terrible.

If Aspin is keeping quiet about Gav it makes me wonder if he’s holding out.

Can't blame the lad for trying to get the best deal he can. He's played well for us and I wouldn't want to see him go. But he has to realise there's a limit and Aspo won't risk arguments about pay undermining team morale. If he's silly and goes, the last few games have shown we can manage without him.

Can't blame the lad for trying to get the best deal he can. He's played well for us and I wouldn't want to see him go. But he has to realise there's a limit and Aspo won't risk arguments about pay undermining team morale. If he's silly and goes, the last few games have shown we can manage without him.
The last few games which Gav has played in?

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Our pitch is, I believe, the only one in the FL which still has a clay base rather than sand. This makes the drainage a bit difficult. Work was done on it three or four years ago to improve it and to be fair, we haven't seen some of the mud heaps we got prior to that. Until the whole pitch is dug up, the clay base is removed and a new drainage system put in place, periods of wet weather will still cause the problems we had yesterday. If anyone has half a million quid plus to spare, perhaps they could do it for Vale!

Was it not done under the V2001 charter?:blink:

I’ve just watched the highlights again Melv.We did have 4 bobbles ,which directly attributed to our goals.Like a bowling compared to some of the ploughed fields we’ve played on.

The last few games which Gav has played in?

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Yes, didn't make my meaning clear! My point is that where we've lost key players (other than Gav of course), Aspo has still put together a winning team. Previously, we'd have been worried that the loss of key players would have seriously weakened us but now we have a team with such confidence and spirit that we still play as well. One of the few players I'd worry about not being able to replace is Popey but, with Aspo, you never know - he might even be able to get a few goals out of Tyrone :smile:.

Therefore, if Gav does leave, I'm confident under Aspo that we'd still do well.

I’ve just watched the highlights again Melv.We did have 4 bobbles ,which directly attributed to our goals.Like a bowling compared to some of the ploughed fields we’ve played on.

One of the bobbles went against us when Tom was through in the 2nd half and about to shoot. Its mid winter and have had heavy rain throughout december, there will be many pitches as bad if not worse in the lower leagues.

Archived