onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brown is NOT the answer!

RayWalkers40yarder

He's had two games, harsh to say he isn't up to it.

However, his comment that he was in no rush to make signings was slightly concerning, we need a striker asap. I get that he wants the right quality etc. but time is of the essence if we want to arrest any slide towards relegation.

The team he has taken on are very short of confidence and some will never meet the level of british footy. Also loosing Jones was a massive blow for him. The next week will be massive for him, as the team try to bring in new players, get rid of players.

What has Smurf said to him about the new manager post. We may never know, or he may blurt it out via twitter. But looking at what he has already said, Brown seems to be his option at the moment. It could just be too soon for him to succeed at a club with all the problems we have at the moment.

Just staying in Div 1 would be good enough for me after the past month. Anything more would be a billy bonus.

Advert

Before Micky Adams joined we were rubbish and conceding goals every week. He came in, steadied the ship, stopped us conceding so many and made us hard to beat.

That's what Brown has done.

Tbf yesterday at Oldham we could of easily of lost 3 or 4-0 if it wasn't for Alnwick. Doesn't matter who we all want, as long as Brown keeps us up, he'll be the new manager at Port Vale. Though if he can avoid relegation with this crop of **** players we have on the books then he deserves get the job fulltime.

So called experienced managers who are available will be managers who have failed elsewhere. I think Michael Brown deserves a chance, his playing pedigree is good, he knows the club and he is a hard worker who wants to improve.

If we went outside the club then we should look at an up and coming young manager. My tip for the top is Danny Cowley at Lincoln City. His managerial record at three non league clubs is incredible. There is zero chance of Vale going for him, but he is definitely a name to watch for the future. I would liken him to Matin O'Neill and his journey through non league management to the top.

However, staying on thread, Michael Brown should get until the end of the season to try to sort out our current mess. If he can do that he would deserve a much longer contract at the end of it.

More chance of Cowley than JFH,Adkins and the like as well as Cowley i know smurf wanted Cox at Barrow before Page.

What is Cowleys record like...any stats? Didn't Lee Sinnott come with a great non league record too

I think he did, yes.

There is no guarantee of success with any managerial appointment. Every season, only a few teams can go up and four are relegated. It's a tough job and at Port Vale you can count the number of successful managers on one hand since the War. I don't envy Norman at all.

I'd prefer someone with a bit of league experience (like Brown) rather than a complete rookie. It's a different ball game in league football and the gap is a big one.

I think he did, yes.

There is no guarantee of success with any managerial appointment. Every season, only a few teams can go up and four are relegated. It's a tough job and at Port Vale you can count the number of successful managers on one hand since the War. I don't envy Norman at all.

I'd prefer someone with a bit of league experience (like Brown) rather than a complete rookie. It's a different ball game in league football and the gap is a big one.

You would also think that Brown,Kelly and Wrack would have good contacts in the game

Life as a manager is short lived for the majority whether experienced or not as every chairman seeks the magic formula & renewing hope where it is lost in the fan base especially on the lower leagues and the wheel keeps turning.

Notice on BBC website Justin Edinburgh has been sacked by Gillingham(after doing well with newport) and notts county have let go Sheridan wasnt so long ago Martin Allen did well with Gillingham and he is now at Eastleigh.

Its like snakes and ladders its just a case of enjoying the climb up the ladders as it wont be long before you hit a snake and go again- its life in the lower leagues without cash or a large fan base teams have to keep searching for their day in the sun.

back on track brown is as good placed as anyone as contacts & calling in favours will be key along with footballing knowledge which brown has in abundance.

Brown the man for me we've seen already that we're getting stuck-in more just need a bit more quality to go with it..if we get an experienced manager and IF he does well how long before a club offers him a good deal and we lose him and go back to square one.

He's had two games, harsh to say he isn't up to it.

However, his comment that he was in no rush to make signings was slightly concerning, we need a striker asap. I get that he wants the right quality etc. but time is of the essence if we want to arrest any slide towards relegation.

I think he is just saying that because any impression of desperation is like a red rag to a bull to an agent.

8 years ago today Eddie Howe became manager of Bournemouth who were dire and 23rd in League 2.Come on Vale it can be done if we ALL rally around and support the club in a positive manner, from top to bottom!!

To be fair Dave, they had a man prepared to throw millions at it.

We have a man who allegedly puts 80k a month in and asks us to all bow down to his generosity.

Archived