onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brown is NOT the answer!

RayWalkers40yarder

So you can't name a candidate for the job but you don't rate Browny,brilliant.

Come on give us a name,at least Yukon did.

Why should he & why would anyone back Brown? He has zero track record except being a party to the Bruno debacle.

Advert

Anyone we appoint is a risk/gamble. And I too would imagine that in the current circumstances (half way through the season) Brown is as good a choice as any until May at least.

He knows the squad and has seen them all play.

He has vast experience of the game, over 650 of them, under several good men (eg Warnock) and at the highest level.

He is keen to have a bash and seems an intelligent and thoughtful bloke and one who will not accept mediocrity.

Rudge, of course, would probably have fallen under the category of unknown, inexperienced and cheap, yet he became a wonderful manager for us. No-on had heard of him - yet he stepped up to the plate, eventually.

Anyone brand new to the Club won't know the players or the issues and by the time they've assessed things the window will have shut.

I'm not sure whether Brown can cut the mustard or not but I think he's probably in the best position to have a go at least on a short term basis. Everyone has to start from somewhere.

You forgot to mention the fact that he's just got us 4 points from his first two games and gained 2 clean sheets along the way?

I do like your positivity FUA and can see where you are coming from but Oldham was for me the worst performance (obviously not result) of the season taking into the opposition and the desire and ability of 7 or so players. Someone of Michael Brown's I'll can't have been happy with that.

Anyone we appoint is a risk/gamble. And I too would imagine that in the current circumstances (half way through the season) Brown is as good a choice as any until May at least.

He knows the squad and has seen them all play.

He has vast experience of the game, over 650 of them, under several good men (eg Warnock) and at the highest level.

He is keen to have a bash and seems an intelligent and thoughtful bloke and one who will not accept mediocrity.

Rudge, of course, would probably have fallen under the category of unknown, inexperienced and cheap, yet he became a wonderful manager for us. No-on had heard of him - yet he stepped up to the plate, eventually.

Anyone brand new to the Club won't know the players or the issues and by the time they've assessed things the window will have shut.

I'm not sure whether Brown can cut the mustard or not but I think he's probably in the best position to have a go at least on a short term basis. Everyone has to start from somewhere.

I agree with this. Brown's success will be largely determined by the players he can get in during the transfer window, in particular a winger, a box to box midfielder and a striker. It's a tall order and he's dependent on Smurf for the resources. He needs our support because it's going to be much harder for him than if he had been in charge from the start of the season.

I do like your positivity FUA and can see where you are coming from but Oldham was for me the worst performance (obviously not result) of the season taking into the opposition and the desire and ability of 7 or so players. Someone of Michael Brown's I'll can't have been happy with that.

A points a point,especially away from home REP.Not too bothered about the performance in times like this when we need to knuckle down.Scunny would have been happy with a point earlier in the season.

I'm happy with any point away from home,aren't you?

Against bottom of the league?

Who've got the worst home record in league...

The lowest goals at home in the league...

Would've lost by 2/3 if not for Alnwick...

I'm personally not happy at all with that point. If that's a good point then we might as well give up. What ever happened to ambition. We should've gone there attacking them and got their fans on their backs.

Surely nobody can be happy with that result?

Against bottom of the league?

Who've got the worst home record in league...

The lowest goals at home in the league...

Would've lost by 2/3 if not for Alnwick...

I'm personally not happy at all with that point. If that's a good point then we might as well give up. What ever happened to ambition. We should've gone there attacking them and got their fans on their backs.

Surely nobody can be happy with that result?

You have to be happy sometimes even if sometimes things don't work out as expected.

I suppose Liverpool fans went to Sunderland expecting to win,after all they were at the top of the league and their opponents were at the bottom,a massive 29 points behind.How did that end up?

What about Newcastle at lowly Blackburn who were just 28 points behind the Geordies.What a coupon buster that was.

I'm sorry but disappointed as you may be,we've no given right to beat an Oldham side,who are just 12 points behind us in the league.

Never give up just because your team can't win an away game.

You have to be happy sometimes even if sometimes things don't work out as expected.

I suppose Liverpool fans went to Sunderland expecting to win,after all they were at the top of the league and their opponents were at the bottom,a massive 29 points behind.How did that end up?

What about Newcastle at lowly Blackburn who were just 28 points behind the Geordies.What a coupon buster that was.

I'm sorry but disappointed as you may be,we've no given right to beat an Oldham side,who are just 12 points behind us in the league.

Never give up just because your team can't win an away game.

I was glad to take a point but the performance in many areas was frankly alarming.

Archived