onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brown is NOT the answer!

RayWalkers40yarder

Advert

Every manager on the planet was inexperienced at the start of their managerial career! Pep, Hose, Fergie and the great JR all had their first game in charge. Look at Eddie Howe at Bournemouth. As I said earlier, every manager needs financial backing to be a success.

Brown has the hunger and desire to manage and comes across as a winner to me. Task 1- keep us up this season. Task 2- reduce the squad to around 22 players in the summer. Include two very good strikers in the squad along with a decent spine. A decent blend of experience and youth also required. Task 3- a reasonable season next year with a top half finish. Then see what we can add to give us a realistic chance of promotion.

Championship by 2019 or 2020.

Brown could become an overnight success - IF he can find at least one goal scoring striker, a winger who can score and assist and a creative midfielder.

Of course, he will need the financial clout.

Question is : how much clout will Smurf provide? The next few weeks will tell us about the success or failure of this season. (Failure IMO being in the bottom six, success being somewhere in the top eight).

The reality is that all the various different opinions are simply that, opinions, there are no guarantees that any potential appointee will be successful. You have to judge things as they sit in front of you. Right now we know that Michael Brown knows the club and the players and he knows that we need to play with more physicality and show greater strength and fitness. He is media and fan friendly, well respected in the game, has a good playing pedigree, wants the job, is willing to work with the Chairman, seems to have a lot of support amongst the players, has good contacts in the game, has displayed commendable silent professionalism and restraint in recent months when clearly Bruno and his coaches put distance between themselves and Michael Brown.

All of these factors seem to make it inevitable, and desirable that he is appointed until the end of the season. He should be appointed now, right now. I accept that after today's game if we get thumped this post may look rather foolish, but today's result should not affect anything. The only thing that could make this post look silly is if the team do not work, do not play to their best and clearly show an attitude of could not care less. Somehow I don't think Michael Brown would tolerate or allow that type of attitude to prevail.

The reality is that all the various different opinions are simply that, opinions, there are no guarantees that any potential appointee will be successful. You have to judge things as they sit in front of you. Right now we know that Michael Brown knows the club and the players and he knows that we need to play with more physicality and show greater strength and fitness. He is media and fan friendly, well respected in the game, has a good playing pedigree, wants the job, is willing to work with the Chairman, seems to have a lot of support amongst the players, has good contacts in the game, has displayed commendable silent professionalism and restraint in recent months when clearly Bruno and his coaches put distance between themselves and Michael Brown.

All of these factors seem to make it inevitable, and desirable that he is appointed until the end of the season. He should be appointed now, right now. I accept that after today's game if we get thumped this post may look rather foolish, but today's result should not affect anything. The only thing that could make this post look silly is if the team do not work, do not play to their best and clearly show an attitude of could not care less. Somehow I don't think Michael Brown would tolerate or allow that type of attitude to prevail.

I don't think browny would let that happen, the players must show commitment like he showed as a player or else they're out.:innocent06:

It was turgid- did you go to any games!?! Even when we were good we were generally rubbish!
ST most home Saturday games, early games were good but without Andoh became tentative and unattractive, but Notts would have liked our results which is what counts.

Best Post here, well said.

Having seen that the first game after Bruno left, the players came to the match suited and booted, rather than slovenly in tracksuits as per previous. Given the fact that they now get pre and post match briefings rather than being left in the changing room wondering if anything was going to be said.

Given that Brown is the first coach/manager to think outside of the box and take them to somewhere like ST Georges park, where the facilities are top notch. Given that on his first day at the club Ned Kelly sent one of the players home because he had forgotten his training kit.

Given that everyone is saying that the authority has been brought back that was previously so woefully lacking. Given that Browny wants us fitter ( I Agree we haven't looked fit for 3 months) Totally agree that he has a standing in the game and that he has great contacts and deserves is chance.

Whether it is Brown or one of these super managers that we are all dreaming of (for a minute I forgot we are the second club (Small) in a city where there is a premier league club down the road and think we are bigger than the 3500/4000 reality) They still have to turn a sows ear in to a silk purse.

Some of the players Bruno bought are simply not good enough, Tavares not seen since Bruno left, Santos 3 goals conceded in 15 minutes today. Shelaj well don't know what else to say really.

Its the players that aren't good enough, not Brown.

Give him a chance and back him Smurf

I'm not 100% happy with Brown as manager but then I'm in dreamland that Smurthwaite would actually have some sort of professional, long term plan in place to secure the services of a proven manager.

With this in mind you're right, give it Brown next week. He's no more likely to get us relegated than some unknown, cheap schmoozer with good references.

Archived