onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brown is NOT the answer!

RayWalkers40yarder

To a **** fan it probably is. Can you explain where I am wrong? Alnwick, streete, Smith, Taylor, grant, de freitas, Thomas and Forrester are quality. A chairman who had a cash offer accepted for Alex Jones , can you imagine it, little port vale buying a player. The same chairman who signed alnwick when we lost our keeper and the budget had already been spent and the same chairman who funded a Ryan Taylor signing.

Our Stadium is capable of fitting 15/18k fans in it. Championship capability. Currently in the top 6 are scunthorpe, rochdale and Fleetwood three sides we beat when we played them last.

Still we got beat by Huddersfield, let's throw ourselves off Hanley multi storey.

Do you call everyone a **** fan if they don't agree with you.? I expected us lose yesterday, but not like that. I expected some fight, anything but that shower of ***** i witnessed yesterday. And if you believe Smurf offered cash for Jones then your deluded, unless he offered peanuts like the fat **** always does. This club wont get in the Championship anytime soon, especially while Smurf is here. This club is in a mess, and the sooner people like you realise this the better.

Also, im still laughing about the bit where you said this is our best side for 10 years. Hahahahahaha

Advert

But the point is he does not drop them!

Taylor, Kelly and at present Grant are totally lacking in any kind of bottle or nous. All 3 should be nowhere near our 1st team squad on form "shown" lately. The ball boys/girls could actually show more passion than those 3 rolled together!

Totally agree can't understand why he is playing Kelly when he has better players sitting on the bench.Would have kept Ryan Lloyd to replace Kelly who is a spineless wimp who never gets his shorts dirty (not at all in the Michael Brown mould).

It's like playing with 10 men with Kelly in the team.

How many times did he give the ball away yesterday.

To a **** fan it probably is. Can you explain where I am wrong? Alnwick, streete, Smith, Taylor, grant, de freitas, Thomas and Forrester are quality. A chairman who had a cash offer accepted for Alex Jones , can you imagine it, little port vale buying a player. The same chairman who signed alnwick when we lost our keeper and the budget had already been spent and the same chairman who funded a Ryan Taylor signing.

Our Stadium is capable of fitting 15/18k fans in it. Championship capability. Currently in the top 6 are scunthorpe, rochdale and Fleetwood three sides we beat when we played them last.

Still we got beat by Huddersfield, let's throw ourselves off Hanley multi storey.

Taylor and De Freitas are definitely not "quality". Taylor has been poor in 90% of his games, and he was only better than Kelly yesterday. De Freitas is a hard-working, committed midfielder who has been fairly consistent in his 6.5/10 performances, and I like him a lot, but he isn't "quality". Forrester is a crock. Grant hasn't played well in 2 or 3 months. Smith appears to be regressing in front of our eyes. Thomas is a good player who can no longer last 90 minutes. I agree that Alnwick and Streete are quality though.

This squad is nowhere near the best we've had in 10 years. We are light years away from the top 6 with this current group of players.

I won't start talking about the chairman because I've done it enough and the whole issue is beginning to wind me up.

Reluctantly I have to agree. Some of the passes he gave Knops at times were terrible. Here you go Kjell - have some of this - here's a bouncing ball fired at you with two lads breathing down your neck on the edge of our penalty box!

It's frustrating because when he first broke into the team 18 months ago Kelly showed a bit of flair and a real eye for goal but he doesn't seem to have progressed at all. He's still very lightweight, still doesn't know when to pass the ball and when to run with it, and he's completely lost his goal threat. He was the worst of a bad bunch yesterday but can't say that he hasn't had a chance in a Vale shirt.

Can't really work out what we need. An experienced manager such as Danny Wilson or John Sheridan (no thanks). Most experienced managers have failed and been sacked somewhere along the line. Managers who have been a success such as Rowett will say no thanks to us.

Can't afford any decent players due to an already over-sized squad of mainly poor quality. One or two of our better players don't seem to be interested in putting in a shift for us and now our two star performers have both got serious injuries. The supporters are leaving in droves and even the hardcore like me are getting very disillusioned and can't seem to agree on anything regarding the best way forward for the club.

We have a chairman who won't speak to the local newspaper and conducts everything via twitter in a most unprofessional way. We have a secretary who nobody hears from at all, think he has been gagged by NS.

I fear the end is nigh.

May as well slash our wrists and close the gates now then!!! For gods sake there are some right doom and gloomers on here as well as facebook!!

We were quite good at the beginning of the season breaking our record for continuous home wins ok since Coventry things have changed for the worst with injuries,loss of form and suspensions but I,m sure with the right additions I,m confident that we can turn the corner and get better!!

In times of despair you have to look for the positives I know are a bit thin on the ground at the minute but the club doesn't need to lose the supporters otherwise we have nothing!!

UTV

May as well slash our wrists and close the gates now then!!! For gods sake there are some right doom and gloomers on here as well as facebook!!

We were quite good at the beginning of the season breaking our record for continuous home wins ok since Coventry things have changed for the worst with injuries,loss of form and suspensions but I,m sure with the right additions I,m confident that we can turn the corner and get better!!

In times of despair you have to look for the positives I know are a bit thin on the ground at the minute but the club doesn't need to lose the supporters otherwise we have nothing!!

UTV

Exactly....Pass on your last comment to your mate.

UTV

So you're knocking the fans for being doom and gloom merchants, even though it looks pretty grim, yet when Norman decides to depress us on many occasions with his words, that is seen as telling it like it is?

You are right though John. The club doesn't need to lose supporters. Sadly it already has and instead of blaming all and sundry for that you need to understand that the blame lie should solely at the chairmans door.

UTV

Mr Trumpet is spot on, supporters are just reflecting the situation we find ourselves in,it was Smurfs ill founded experiment in the close season and everyone would have told him it would fail so he has to take the criticism and spend his way out of trouble, it has NOTHING to do with the supporters.

Hang on Paul!! Surely the Manager has signed the players who haven't performed both Page and Bruno how can all the blame lie at Smurfs door ok I know Norman has been involved with signing certain players Alnwick,Streete,Andoh,Hooper to name a few but have all largely been a success wouldn't you agree?

I agree he needs to get the next appointment correct but slashing our wrists and calling it a day are not an option

Unfortunately although every supporter has their own opinions and personal circumstances, many are deciding that they don't want to go any more. The atmosphere has become worse and worse and the action on the pitch has too. Something needs to be done soon or next season will be even worse.

Can't really work out what we need. An experienced manager such as Danny Wilson or John Sheridan (no thanks). Most experienced managers have failed and been sacked somewhere along the line. Managers who have been a success such as Rowett will say no thanks to us.

Can't afford any decent players due to an already over-sized squad of mainly poor quality. One or two of our better players don't seem to be interested in putting in a shift for us and now our two star performers have both got serious injuries. The supporters are leaving in droves and even the hardcore like me are getting very disillusioned and can't seem to agree on anything regarding the best way forward for the club.

We have a chairman who won't speak to the local newspaper and conducts everything via twitter in a most unprofessional way. We have a secretary who nobody hears from at all, think he has been gagged by NS.

I fear the end is nigh.

Just putting on here in a nutshell what the rest of the thread is actually saying. Doesn't mean that I won't be there for MK Dons (as I will) but I used to go to the Vale hoping for an afternoon of entertaining football and hopefully going home happy. Now it's more of what dross can we expect to see this afternoon. Unless some important decisions are made swiftly, sadly I see little to make people want to attend.

Hang on Paul!! Surely the Manager has signed the players who haven't performed both Page and Bruno how can all the blame lie at Smurfs door ok I know Norman has been involved with signing certain players Alnwick,Streete,Andoh,Hooper to name a few but have all largely been a success wouldn't you agree?

I agree he needs to get the next appointment correct but slashing our wrists and calling it a day are not an option

When Micky left it was Norman who chose Page. The cheap option.

When Page left the next decision had to be spot on. Instead of going for a safer option, the chairman then took this club down the most ridiculous route. It was Norman who employed a man who at the time had a record that was unemployable! A win ratio of around 22% and had six jobs where he hadn't done more than 11 months! I said at the time he wouldn't see Christmas. He just about did. The chairman then had to back him. The chairman sanctioned signings of players that were scouted on YouTube! The chairman gave out two and three year contracts.

Thing is though John, and I vividly remember it, that I and certain others were berated from being so called "negative" in the summer. I explained it was merely concerns at the route we were going down and now them concerns are reality.

The manager was hopeless. I agree. But why were some surprised? I doubt any other chairman in English football would have given him a contract. Not only that though, the chairman gave him three years! Three ******* years for a man who had never lasted anywhere else more than 11 months and had a win ratio worse than Sinnott, Glover and Gannon!

And now here we are.

So what to do? Get rid of 20 of them? That would be a good start. How though? Pay them up? Sell them? Who to? Not even evo stik standard most of them.

So we are in a right old mess and face another major decision in employing the next man but the man who sanctioned the mess has to make that decision and quite frankly i'd have more faith if he put 20 names into a bag and picking one out and employing him, rather than using his noggin because some of his major decisions have been suicidal for the club.

Bill Bratt was a **** of the highest order. He ripped off supporters and the club. He took us into admin because the club went black and gold. But this idiot is something else. He doesn't need a black and gold faction to get crowds of 3000. Supporters are leaving in their droves because of him, his attitude and the way he runs the football club. He hasn't grasped the soul out of longstanding supporters and it simply can't carry on. We will be without a club sooner than later under his tenure.

But we have to trust Norman to get it right with the next appointment but when he was actually naive enough to believe Bruno was going to fill the stadium by the end of the season, I ain't holding hope much hope he gets it right.

Archived