onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brown is NOT the answer!

RayWalkers40yarder

After hearing about the new contender, please keep Brown for the rest if the season. Smurf go for proper English league experience, not Scottish league experience or even a sunday lads and dads manager. This could cost you more fans and money.

Advert

Just because a bloke played in the Prem he's absolved of blame? Grow up & get a grip- he's no experience and some on here would make him PM.

There's enough in the squad to get through to the summer without disaster & all this "it's not Brown's fault" is nonsense. Whoever takes charge has the squad to sort out and all I'm seeing is Brown not being capable. A proper manager is needed yesterday

Just because a bloke played in the Prem he's absolved of blame? Grow up & get a grip- he's no experience and some on here would make him PM.

There's enough in the squad to get through to the summer without disaster & all this "it's not Brown's fault" is nonsense. Whoever takes charge has the squad to sort out and all I'm seeing is Brown not being capable. A proper manager is needed yesterday

Who are you suggesting then ? And what difference would he have made today ?

No manager in the world can make a silk purse from a sow's ear and Brown has picked up a sow's ear from the pet shop that you'd throw to the dog.

Someone earlier referred to Brian Clough saying the key to success is signing good players and Denis Smith said he asked Tony Waddington for advice when he became a manager and Waddington said 'sign good players'. It's not rocket science. Rudgey did it until Billy wouldn't / couldn't fund it any more and Brown must be judged on his judgement of players assuming Norman funds him at L1 level.

Turning it on its head: if you were Michael Brown, would you even want the job?

This is a very much a poisoned chalice. A poor group of players, no ability to make wholesale changes to personnel and working under a daft chairman to boot. He would get another chance in management soon enough.

I think you're right Santa which is why I say it depends if Norman funds him or not.

In my experience success & failure come from the top. No matter how good an organisation is it can only withstand poor top level leadership for a certain amount of time. We are now at a point where Smurf needs to demonstrate good leadership, he's made mistakes as I'm sure he recognises but he's run out of runway and has to make good decisions from here for his own sake and that of the club. Get it so badly wrong again and we could go the way of Stockport, never mind the raft of ex-league clubs in the National League.

Personally I think Brown will know the type of players we need and what needs to be done, it's a question of if Norman has the faith and means to back him.

Im telling you now, if Brown can keep this Vale side in League 1 this season, Brown deserves to get the job. And no, i really don't want Brown get the job, but this Vale squad really is woeful, and top prem managers would struggle to get anything out of this lot. Bad times.

I just don't get all the calls for appointing JFH. He inherited a good squad at Burton and then did absolutely nothing at QPR. The very fact he's been out of work since QPR speaks volumes. I'd rather stick with Brown and spend the money on players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My opinion is that after 3 games nothing whatsoever has changed as far as selections/passion/ideas in the squad is concerned. Brown was here with Bruno and should have seen the dire way we were slowly sinking. He has been left with dross, ok but the will to play for a Club does NOT appear to have been instilled into our players by a so called passionate, hard man like Brown.

Any other manger coming in will be stuck with the lilly livered bunch of jessies that we currently have so it looks like a catch 22 situation to me. Stick with Brown and go down but start again next season? Or get in a new man to attempt at least to put fire into bellies? Gamble on both fronts.

As a "die-hard" I am losing the will to watch Vale(although I will no doubt carry on as usual after 30 plus years)so if I am in this way of thinking I sympathise totally now with those who have seen the light and stopped going. I fear sincerely for our future, I really do. Nothing apparent is happening at Vale to halt the slide we have been on now for some time. Is there a magical wizard out there who can conjure up a solution before we all realise that we are in the non-league? ( refer to Notts County who seem to be the patter we are following.)

As I've said before, on balance I'd let Brown do the job, at least until May - principally because we're well into January now, he knows the players and he still has time to try and strengthen the team before the window closes. Kelly has vast experience to help him do this.

My worry is that if we appointed a brand new bloke he won't immediately know the players and by the time he's watched them and sussed out the squad we're into February and the window has shut.

If Smurf was after a new man he should have acted at the end of Nov/early Dec.

Archived