onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brown is NOT the answer!

RayWalkers40yarder

Advert

I really don't get this poor group of players nonsense. We have one of the best sides we have had for 10 year's, a chairman willing to back us and a decent Stadium . All we need is a proper coach/manager and we are top 6 material.[/quote

Haha. Good one.

I really don't get this poor group of players nonsense. We have one of the best sides we have had for 10 year's, a chairman willing to back us and a decent Stadium . All we need is a proper coach/manager and we are top 6 material.
Only problem, they disappeared in a puff of smoke around Halloween.

My opinion is that after 3 games nothing whatsoever has changed as far as selections/passion/ideas in the squad is concerned. Brown was here with Bruno and should have seen the dire way we were slowly sinking. He has been left with dross, ok but the will to play for a Club does NOT appear to have been instilled into our players by a so called passionate, hard man like Brown.

Any other manger coming in will be stuck with the lilly livered bunch of jessies that we currently have so it looks like a catch 22 situation to me. Stick with Brown and go down but start again next season? Or get in a new man to attempt at least to put fire into bellies? Gamble on both fronts.

As a "die-hard" I am losing the will to watch Vale(although I will no doubt carry on as usual after 30 plus years)so if I am in this way of thinking I sympathise totally now with those who have seen the light and stopped going. I fear sincerely for our future, I really do. Nothing apparent is happening at Vale to halt the slide we have been on now for some time. Is there a magical wizard out there who can conjure up a solution before we all realise that we are in the non-league? ( refer to Notts County who seem to be the patter we are following.)

Not entirely true. First move Brown made was to reinstate Purkiss and drop Tavares. He was also going to play Jones up top rather than out wide before he was struck down with 'illness'. These were pretty much all the cards he had to play. Forget yesterday, we were always going to get hammered by a team flying high in the championship. Sticking with Brown and backing him in transfer window is our best hope of staying up IMO.

I saw yesterday no characteristics of Michael Brown in our team .

He has being working with them all week ( they must be bloody good on the training pitch ) and yet we were lame there goalie could have come play cards at the back of the stand with us .

I saw nothing i saw 10 strangers with no cohesion no real will to win ( brown has that in abundance ) ,i really cannot believe what i saw .

A club needed win that did Lincoln lie down at Ipswich did Stourbridge die without a fight at Wycombe ,did Wolves get scared because Bojan and Shaquiri were playing for Stoke .

It was so disheartening ,people will say dont judge him on that performance and result but i do i thought we will be at full tilt yesterday but the only thing tilting was me through drinking to much

It was awful and he must take responsibility for that not Bruno ,Brunos gone ,he has being gone three games and in all of them we have played to not lose instead of being brave and trying win .

I saw yesterday no characteristics of Michael Brown in our team .

He has being working with them all week ( they must be bloody good on the training pitch ) and yet we were lame there goalie could have come play cards at the back of the stand with us .

I saw nothing i saw 10 strangers with no cohesion no real will to win ( brown has that in abundance ) ,i really cannot believe what i saw .

A club needed win that did Lincoln lie down at Ipswich did Stourbridge die without a fight at Wycombe ,did Wolves get scared because Bojan and Shaquiri were playing for Stoke .

It was so disheartening ,people will say dont judge him on that performance and result but i do i thought we will be at full tilt yesterday but the only thing tilting was me through drinking to much

It was awful and he must take responsibility for that not Bruno ,Brunos gone ,he has being gone three games and in all of them we have played to not lose instead of being brave and trying win .

Its not just about motivation, there's no evidence to suggest that they weren't motivated under Bruno. You could drag 11 folk out of the Lorne street who would be motivated. It boils down to lack of quality and balance in the squad, that's the issue here.

Its not just about motivation, there's no evidence to suggest that they weren't motivated under Bruno. You could drag 11 folk out of the Lorne street who would be motivated. It boils down to lack of quality and balance in the squad, that's the issue here.

That's true. I've no doubt Brown is demanding they be more competitive but he can't make them do it, all he can do is drop them for someone else if they don't live up to his expectations. Trouble is when you've got Julian Clary and Christopher Biggins in the side and the alternatives are Wayne Sleep and Quentin Crisp you need to get rid of all of them and bring in replacements, that's why Brown - or anyone else - will have to be judged mainly on who they recruit and who they get rid of.

Id agree about the quality but least go down fighting ,why not go 2 up front all game defend from the front ,get in there faces etc ,same system every game and it doesnt work and if judge PVFC on entertainment im surprised u got anyone watching them as the entertainment value since the Northampton game is a 1 out of 10 .

Id have thought Brown would have more bottle ,obviously not he keeps playin the main man Grant and Taylor yet not a one has shone in any game past three games .

He plays Kelly who isnt doing well enough surely there is somebody in the reserves who can replace these players who dont want it .

A big week now id expect some comings and goings .

That's true. I've no doubt Brown is demanding they be more competitive but he can't make them do it, all he can do is drop them for someone else if they don't live up to his expectations. Trouble is when you've got Julian Clary and Christopher Biggins in the side and the alternatives are Wayne Sleep and Quentin Crisp you need to get rid of all of them and bring in replacements, that's why Brown - or anyone else - will have to be judged mainly on who they recruit and who they get rid of.

But the point is he does not drop them!

Taylor, Kelly and at present Grant are totally lacking in any kind of bottle or nous. All 3 should be nowhere near our 1st team squad on form "shown" lately. The ball boys/girls could actually show more passion than those 3 rolled together!

I really don't get this poor group of players nonsense. We have one of the best sides we have had for 10 year's, a chairman willing to back us and a decent Stadium . All we need is a proper coach/manager and we are top 6 material.[/quote

Haha. Good one.

Still letting stoke fans post on here are they.

Still letting stoke fans post on here are they.

So your telling me you think weve got a good group of players? This is the best side in 10 years? A decent stadium? A chairman willing to back us? And if get decent manager in, were top 6 material? **** me are you pissed? All what you have said is laughable.

So your telling me you think weve got a good group of players? This is the best side in 10 years? A decent stadium? A chairman willing to back us? And if get decent manager in, were top 6 material? **** me are you pissed? All what you have said is laughable.

To a **** fan it probably is. Can you explain where I am wrong? Alnwick, streete, Smith, Taylor, grant, de freitas, Thomas and Forrester are quality. A chairman who had a cash offer accepted for Alex Jones , can you imagine it, little port vale buying a player. The same chairman who signed alnwick when we lost our keeper and the budget had already been spent and the same chairman who funded a Ryan Taylor signing.

Our Stadium is capable of fitting 15/18k fans in it. Championship capability. Currently in the top 6 are scunthorpe, rochdale and Fleetwood three sides we beat when we played them last.

Still we got beat by Huddersfield, let's throw ourselves off Hanley multi storey.

Archived