onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carlisle Utd (H) match thread Aug 26th.

ollyandpatch

6 hours ago, Bobnewtonian said:

Fair enough. Who overates him by the way?

I do think it’s always a good idea to see someone play before saying they should start in the first team personally.

there are 7 types of bias commonly quoted in psychology…. anchorage bias is one of the more difficult ones to overcome.

I m not a Jones fan but can see the effort he s making to improve. We won’t be able to sign perfect players over the next few seasons we will have to take what we have and improve them and I think Jones is starting to make improvements to his game which is all we can ask.

utv

Anchorage bias, is that something to do with living in Alaska? I'll get my coat... 🙂

Advert

2 hours ago, sheffield61 said:

A full set of league one games today and ALL home sides are very unusually odds AGAINST to win aside the Vale at slightly odds ON at the 10/11 mark......

I'd take a 2-1 home win now which would certainly put the B@rnsley game to bed....😁

I’d take any win, got a feeling we’re going to stuff these though.

17 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

Ripley

Smith Jones Yak

Clark Ojo Blaster Grant

Garrity Devine

Wilson

Think Chissy is out from what's been said. 

There is no way Devine will play, it’s more likely that will be tge z Crewe match and Chislet was trading tge other day apparently si let’s be patient and see

12 hours ago, Bobnewtonian said:

Fair enough. Who overates him by the way?

I do think it’s always a good idea to see someone play before saying they should start in the first team personally.

there are 7 types of bias commonly quoted in psychology…. anchorage bias is one of the more difficult ones to overcome.

I m not a Jones fan but can see the effort he s making to improve. We won’t be able to sign perfect players over the next few seasons we will have to take what we have and improve them and I think Jones is starting to make improvements to his game which is all we can ask.

utv

I did see Balmer in pre season but not competitively. He's idolised on here is Jones . Umpteen posts about how amazing he is.

He's improving all the time. But a fully fit squad he doesn't start for me. I'd even go Lowe Smith Yak as an alternative. 

Anyway onto today . A tricky fixture now that expectations have risen amongst the faithful. A quiet game for Ripley will do and hopefully we can get a win. 

Be nice see 7500 plus gate again too. 

18 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I did see Balmer in pre season but not competitively. He's idolised on here is Jones . Umpteen posts about how amazing he is.

He's improving all the time. But a fully fit squad he doesn't start for me. I'd even go Lowe Smith Yak as an alternative. 

Jones is an interesting one. 

I ‘ve always been 50/50 on him, although defending isn’t great he was an important player the way he could switch play under DC and ping a ball for Woz.

In the brave new world under AC we play through midfield much more and rely on his defensive abilities rather than ball playing. He will have to keep improving his defending especially positioning if he’s to keep his place. 

I can see a fully fit Lowe taking his place shortly unless AC feels we are going to start scoring from long throws.

I think he’s still a really useful squad player as a tactical option.

A game like today when we should push up high,our CB’s will need to use the ball wisely, he’s the best we have in the situation.

I really like the idea of Lowe at RCB. I expected him to be slotted in there from the start.

I imagine that he would be solid defensively and have good distribution.

Don't know about his legs and stamina.

To some extent, it's the classic players always look better when they're not in the team!

It's an outrage!!

It was my 62nd birthday the other day; my Mrs booked a stay in hotel in London and tickets to the theatre- so today I'm missing watching through Vale on iFollow. 

Right now. RIGHT BLOODY NOW I'm sat in the bar in Selfridges while SHE is looking at make up!

I've been stitched up, I tells ya!!

24 minutes ago, Osh said:

It's an outrage!!

It was my 62nd birthday the other day; my Mrs booked a stay in hotel in London and tickets to the theatre- so today I'm missing watching through Vale on iFollow. 

Right now. RIGHT BLOODY NOW I'm sat in the bar in Selfridges while SHE is looking at make up!

At least it's not you looking at make up . 

download.jpeg

49 minutes ago, SFBT said:

I really like the idea of Lowe at RCB. I expected him to be slotted in there from the start.

I imagine that he would be solid defensively and have good distribution.

Don't know about his legs and stamina.

To some extent, it's the classic players always look better when they're not in the team!

He would have started the season there but got injured at Doncaster

47 minutes ago, Osh said:

It's an outrage!!

Oh Oshy, Oshy Oshy, where did it all go so wrong - With your luck I bet she will want you parading round the hotel bedroom in your shiny new pink goalie top before she jumps on you screaming "sock it to me big boy" 

we will all be laughing at you when we are p1ss wet through at the front of the Hamil, listening to Corban the Warbler in the "singing🙄🙄🙄🙄" section  😍😍😍😍😍😍

enjoy the weekend mate 😁😁😁👍👍👍👍

Archived