onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carlisle Utd (H) match thread Aug 26th.

ollyandpatch

2 hours ago, Valiant62 said:

We should whollop these….. and we all know how that ends!

We're sounding like the fans of the recent clubs we've played, where their fans were expecting to absolutely smash us off the park. Carlise aren't here to make up the numbers, they'll be tough team still. I agree that we should be looking to win these types of games, the games were you'd expect we'll be around come the end of the season.....I'm not expecting us to whollop them though 

Advert

On 22/08/2023 at 14:47, DazFred said:

Not too many changes. I expect Thomas to start the home games over Wilson.

Depending on fitness I think it'll be pretty much the same unless Clark starts ahead of Sang at RWB.

It'll be a different test...one where we are probably favourites. I'd like to be greedy and get 3 points. If we do then 10 points from the last 4 games would be excellent.

I completely expect Ojo and Massey to be world beaters in EVERY game from now on, especially when I was picked up by certain posters for merely praising their improved performances lately....

I think you make a fair point about sang but I wouldn’t drop him for tge game and like at Charlton replace him at half time but I would play Wilson from the start and change it later and I hope Chislet is ok to play but Carlisle will look for a point which could help us; got to play Armblaster

How often do we follow up a good away win with a poor result in the home game that follows? 

Carlisle will be a tough game, they've got some decent players and a good manager, and we can't afford to underestimate them. 

I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't go for Butterworth. We'll see how he looks against us on Saturday! 

We've got seven days until the transfer window slams shut and we still look very short in terms of genuine strikers- we still only have three, two of whom are injury prone! 

As stated above, we've got a run of home games to come and a chance to build some momentum, let's hope we take it!

UTV!

4 hours ago, Valiant62 said:

We should whollop these….. and we all know how that ends!

Why should we? When was the last time we ‘wholloped a side’? They’re a decent team and we will potentially be without our best attacking player. Important not to waste the win at Charlton but this won’t be an easy game. 

52 minutes ago, valiant steve said:

How often do we follow up a good away win with a poor result in the home game that follows? 

Carlisle will be a tough game, they've got some decent players and a good manager, and we can't afford to underestimate them. 

I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't go for Butterworth. We'll see how he looks against us on Saturday! 

We've got seven days until the transfer window slams shut and we still look very short in terms of genuine strikers- we still only have three, two of whom are injury prone! 

As stated above, we've got a run of home games to come and a chance to build some momentum, let's hope we take it!

UTV!

Butters has come on as sub twice

I'd rather have Chizzy 

I'd start Josh on Saturday and have Wilson on the bench

It'll be a hard slog but hopefully another win

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Why should we? When was the last time we ‘wholloped a side’? They’re a decent team and we will potentially be without our best attacking player. Important not to waste the win at Charlton but this won’t be an easy game. 

… and we all know how that ends. 😐

12 hours ago, Warren said:

Barnsley game was an outlier. 

Try Hibernian 0 Aston Villa 5, 257 passes v 623 passes, leading to 5 shots v 18 shots. 

Come on that example itself is an outlier.. one of the largest clubs in the world with world class and World Cup winning footballers costing multi millions playing the equivalent of a league 1 team.

I stick with my point that possession stats are less significant than they are made out to be along with several other  football related stats which have been invented by analysts to earn them a living…. 

1 hour ago, Bobnewtonian said:

Come on that example itself is an outlier.. one of the largest clubs in the world with world class and World Cup winning footballers costing multi millions playing the equivalent of a league 1 team.

I stick with my point that possession stats are less significant than they are made out to be along with several other  football related stats which have been invented by analysts to earn them a living…. 

Try getting the ball off the Barcelona 2010/11 team. 

My first game this season for various reasons, looking forward to it although as mentioned these are easily the kind of matches Vale faulter in and produce a tepid 0-1 or 1-2 defeat.  Hopefully we can play to the levels set in the last couple of games and get a solid home win. Like others it was easy to fear the worst with the first 4 fixtures, I thought maybe 4 points if we played ok so 7 is very good and with a squad we could still build on. Dare I say it some cautious optimism but this is Vale as we know

Simpson seems to be a good fit at Carlisle and although they may struggle won't go down without a scrap you'd imagine.

14 hours ago, Bobnewtonian said:

Agreed. When Leicester won the Prem their average possession per game was less than 40%. 

Archived