onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carlisle Utd (H) match thread Aug 26th.

ollyandpatch

Advert

There is no rake on the stand so when someone 5 or 6 rows in front stands up it blocks your view. Everyone is crammed in and there are no walkways across the seats so you have to go out into the crowded concourse past the annoying boards half blocking the doorways to get across to the other side if you want to go and talk to anyone before the game. I don't go to drink beer in a works canteen style building, i go to watch the football.
I sit in the lorne street. It's exactly the same. I suspect it's a characteristic of vale park being designed for standing terraces and having seats plonked onto them. It is what it is. If your so bothered about good facilities I expect there's space in the railway paddock or stand and there's certainly plenty of empty seats in the blocks that you can sit in.

That said. Whilst I agree in part with you that I don't need booze to go to football maybe you need to consider whether following a football league club is really for you.

2 minutes ago, chickensteve said:

I sit in the lorne street. It's exactly the same. I suspect it's a characteristic of vale park being designed for standing terraces and having seats plonked onto them. It is what it is. If your so bothered about good facilities I expect there's space in the railway paddock or stand and there's certainly plenty of empty seats in the blocks that you can sit in.

That said. Whilst I agree in part with you that I don't need booze to go to football maybe you need to consider whether following a football league club is really for you.

Lorne Street has a decent rake on it.  The terraces on all 4 sides were remade for seats.

Lorne Street has a decent rake on it.  The terraces on all 4 sides were remade for seats.
The rake is much shallower then when we stood. All around the ground the terracing used to go down to a few feet below pitch level. There used to be drains from the pitch emptying into the cess that resulted at the very bottom of each stand. You could stand as an adult near the bottom of the terrace and just about see over the moat and advertising hording. As a teenager in bycars (standing) I was quite tall and we would stand roughly a third of the way up the old stand. When we switched to stand on lorne street we stood at the top of the terrace ( which was much shorter because it wasn't built up above the level of the directors seats and was level ash to the turnstiles. Now I sit in lorne street in row f at a lower height because the seats don't go higher than the concourse doors and consequently I don't have a great view of the action. I sat at the top of the seats for the Fleetwood cup match and the view was much better. Vale park needs steeper rakes of seats but because the footprint of the ground is large land wise and attendances are low compared to size then the cheaper options were taken by the boards at the time.

10 hours ago, chickensteve said:
10 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

The rake is much shallower then when we stood. All around the ground the terracing used to go down to a few feet below pitch level. There used to be drains from the pitch emptying into the cess that resulted at the very bottom of each stand. You could stand as an adult near the bottom of the terrace and just about see over the moat and advertising hording. As a teenager in bycars (standing) I was quite tall and we would stand roughly a third of the way up the old stand. When we switched to stand on lorne street we stood at the top of the terrace ( which was much shorter because it wasn't built up above the level of the directors seats and was level ash to the turnstiles. Now I sit in lorne street in row f at a lower height because the seats don't go higher than the concourse doors and consequently I don't have a great view of the action. I sat at the top of the seats for the Fleetwood cup match and the view was much better. Vale park needs steeper rakes of seats but because the footprint of the ground is large land wise and attendances are low compared to size then the cheaper options were taken by the boards at the time.

You’re right about the rake pre-seating, although I’m not sure that it was any steeper in Lorne Street than it is now, but the other stands were steeper for sure.  As you say the terracing at the front was lower than pitch level, always quite a climb to get onto the pitch and a fair drop when you ran back off again…….

I went in the Hamil for the 2nd time, I’m really liking it in there and especially the facilities - it will certainly make a difference come the colder months. Standing outside the kiosks in the railway holding a freezing cold beer in the winter months isn’t a lot of fun.

I took my two kids on Saturday but next time I might try it in the Lorne street with them - I’ve never been in there but 2nd half a lot of people stood up in front of us with little space for us to move elsewhere. This isn’t intended as a moan by the way.

7 minutes ago, MBE said:

I thought Moxon was a really good player. Has a lovely delivery whipping balls in out wide and looks after himself in the middle. He was definitely the stand out player for Carlisle.

Blackpool made a a six figure offer for him at the end of July and was turned down straight away.

He's out of contract at the end of the season

On the whole a good 3 points given to us by there sloppy play .

We started the game so well Clark getting in behind them so often it was ridiculous we had no one anticipating the final ball and putting it away .

Wilson fired over when should have done better .

Then I thought Carlisle last 20 in half were the better side forcing CR into a fine save moxon I think it was and generally gaining more confidence every passing minute .

Second half the penalty, then for me the best bit about the game the flicking it over his shoulder and volleying it narrowly over by 1234 man .

Saw the game out from there with Cass very impressive but not the best display but we take the 3 points and go on .

Ripley 7

Cass 8 Smith 7 Icavetti 7

Clark 7 Arblaster 7 Ojo 7  plant 7 

Chislet 7 Wilson 7 

Archived