onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carlisle Utd (H) match thread Aug 26th.

ollyandpatch

8 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am trying to put my point across without being aggressive or insulting people who have different views to my own. 

There was nearly 7k fans Saturday on a bank holiday weekend that so many people go away including me and against a less attractive league 1 side so that suggests a lot more are happy than unhappy like you 

Advert

43 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

The railway is now as I call it the old man’s stand 

I noticed some of the singers had moved back into the Railway for the Carlisle game, my new seat is on the halfway line and I could hear the Carlisle fans more than the Hamil.

Just now, Conrad said:

I noticed some of the singers had moved back into the Railway for the Carlisle game, my new seat is on the halfway line and I could hear the Carlisle fans more than the Hamil.

Says more about our fans than the stands 

You could hear vale a lot more than Blackpool at there place 

21 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

We park on Federation Road by the tip. Saw quite a few Carlisle on Saturday after the game no worries. As you say something like Bolton might be a different scenario particularly depending on the result. But I'm more than happy still parking where I do. 

Don't tell the council, they'll charge you to park outside their "Palace"

32 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Says more about our fans than the stands 

You could hear vale a lot more than Blackpool at there place 

What was the point of moving then? I thought it was supposed to create a better atmosphere so that our players upped their game. Pointless waste of resources to alienate some fans to no benefit. You can even buy beer in the Bycars now so that argument doesn't apply either. 

What was the point of moving then? I thought it was supposed to create a better atmosphere so that our players upped their game. Pointless waste of resources to alienate some fans to no benefit. You can even buy beer in the Bycars now so that argument doesn't apply either. 

Do u really need someone to explain again that the move is not just about the noise

It's their money and they can do with it as they wish but I will never understand a 'supporter' not attending to watch the club they allegedly love because they can't sit on their chosen worn piece of plastic in an end that is infinitely worse in terms of facilities than the end that it's been swapped for. Weird
Totally agree. Some people just want the attention. I think it's great in the Hamil....an atmosphere at last!

It did create a far better atmosphere for the Reading game. At the moment some are still just figuring out the best place to be in there. The fact of the matter is the Hamil is far more populated than the Bycars was for about 25 years so any who were “alienated” it hasn’t had that much of an effect. There’s a reason there was an ongoing joke about the Bycars having good availability last season. The ability to have a larger fan zone before the game and also can pop out to it at half time have made it a far more enjoyable experience at Vale Park now. I for one am delighted this move has happened and only wish it was sooner.

I’ve only sat in the Hamil once for a pre-season friendly against Wimbledon. I didn’t like the view at all - not enough rake on the seats. This is because when the stand was turned into all seater, the end was flattened from what it had been for standing. We saw the actual plans for the stand and couldn’t understand why this had been done. Apparently you could get more seats in. If folk want to sit there that’s fine by me but wouldn’t be my choice. 

That's my point Jean.

Over the years I have gone from standing high up on the original Vale Kop (the Hamil in its original form) to the Bycars, to the Lorne Street (standing), back to the Bycars, then with you all up in the Railway Stand, now in Hospitality. For tomorrow myself and family have chosen the Hamil.

The point being no matter where you sit you still go the match.

You are completely right that the Hamil stand, as  now constructed, using the ex Chester stand, is nowhere near the steepness of Bycars.

But the Bycars in latter decades wasnt popular with Vale fans despite it being behind the goal and our Kop.

It's a great shame it wasn't, but it's original purpose of being where young and singing stood (like me) was not the chosen singing area for today's young un's.

At the end it became a sad, expensive to staff, parady of its former glory.

The club is completely right to try and recreate a behind the goals singing area in the Hamil with its fanzone, Tommy Cheadles, and modern facilities to cater for the new generation of youngsters and young minded.

And there's no shortage of choice of alternative seating for those that don't like the new Hamil.

Well yeah you could hear Carlisle when they actually sang that's kind of how it works. And strangely enough , you could hear Vale sing from the Hamil and Railway when they sang, kind of mental really

If you can't understand why the Hamil is better than the Bycars then I am really sorry.

1 hour ago, Bimbleabout said:

Well yeah you could hear Carlisle when they actually sang emoji849.png that's kind of how it works. And strangely enough , you could hear Vale sing from the Hamil and Railway when they sang, kind of mental really emoji3.png

There’s no need to be sarcastic, having seen all but 7 home games since 1970 I know how it works.you say you could hear vale sing from the Hamil, well you would if you were in the Hamil.

its obvious you could only hear Carlisle sing when they WERE actually singing, didn’t think I needed to explain that, and what I actually said was you could hear Carlisle MORE than the Hamil, not you couldn’t hear the Hamil at all.

Archived