onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carlisle Utd (H) match thread Aug 26th.

ollyandpatch

2 minutes ago, Conrad said:

After moving from the Bycars to the Hamil and attending the Reading game, I’ve just swapped my st. for the Railway.

Didn’t know you could do that. Correct thing to do as season jumping up and down trying to see may put some off permanently. Think you will be the first of many to move.

Advert

1 minute ago, Phil500 said:

Didn’t know you could do that. Correct thing to do as season jumping up and down trying to see may put some off permanently. Think you will be the first of many to move.

Apparently the club is on record as saying if you’ve moved to the Hamil and found you don’t like it, you can swap your season ticket for any other part of the ground at no cost.

From choosing a new seat in the Railway and printing a new season ticket card took less than 5 minutes while I waited.

Just watched Simpson’s interview who I’ve always rated as a decent lower league manager. Bizarre really and a little cringeworthy. I get being frustrated and candid, but sense maybe there is something more going on with Melish who I always thought he was one of their better players?? Makes me glad we got AC’s “passive” response to Barnsley if I’m honest.

We’re playing some decent stuff, and how I’d love us to dish out a footballing lesson tomorrow night. I really hope the Hamil is packed out because, as we’ve seen in the past and usually to our detriment, the acoustics are great when everyone’s up for it. 

21 minutes ago, Phil500 said:

I know of several people who have already been put off so that they no longer attend games. I guess the club doesn't need their ST money. One positive of the move is we now get to meet more away supporters and I feel much safer leaving the ground via Bycars lane now there is a Police presence there.

45 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I know of several people who have already been put off so that they no longer attend games. I guess the club doesn't need their ST money. One positive of the move is we now get to meet more away supporters and I feel much safer leaving the ground via Bycars lane now there is a Police presence there.

It’s like u enjoy saying I know people who don’t attend games anymore 

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

Apparently the club is on record as saying if you’ve moved to the Hamil and found you don’t like it, you can swap your season ticket for any other part of the ground at no cost.

From choosing a new seat in the Railway and printing a new season ticket card took less than 5 minutes while I waited.

The railway is now as I call it the old man’s stand 

45 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

They don't have to stop attending.  All they need to do is the same as Conrad and swap there ST to elsewhere in the ground 

3 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

The railway is now as I call it the old man’s stand 

Was in on Saturday. Still a lot of young people and families. Suspect a lot of people want to stay away from the drinkers. Includes myself. Go to drink after the match in the Bulls.

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

One positive of the move is we now get to meet more away supporters and I feel much safer leaving the ground via Bycars lane now there is a Police presence there.

Interesting you say that, myself and my son walk down the side of the dimension pitches and onto the car park where away fans also walk, felt a little uncomfortable doing so on Saturday as we were surrounded by away fans. Could be even worse if we beat a big team with a lot of fans who don't take kindly to losing.. Anyone else take this route away from the ground  & how do they feel ?

It's their money and they can do with it as they wish but I will never understand a 'supporter' not attending to watch the club they allegedly love because they can't sit on their chosen worn piece of plastic in an end that is infinitely worse in terms of facilities than the end that it's been swapped for. Weird

Interesting you say that, myself and my son walk down the side of the dimension pitches and onto the car park where away fans also walk, felt a little uncomfortable doing so on Saturday as we were surrounded by away fans. Could be even worse if we beat a big team with a lot of fans who don't take kindly to losing.. Anyone else take this route away from the ground  & how do they feel ?
I do. Not an issue for me, and for the bigger games (such as the Swindon match) the police blocked off exiting that way, so just walked across the top end instead

3 minutes ago, TEXAS said:

We park on Federation Road by the tip. Saw quite a few Carlisle on Saturday after the game no worries. As you say something like Bolton might be a different scenario particularly depending on the result. But I'm more than happy still parking where I do. 

Archived