onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carlisle Utd (H) match thread Aug 26th.

ollyandpatch

Advert

44 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I was in the Hamil and whilst it was hardly raucous I thought Carlisle were like a bunch of meek little mice. Hardly heard a peep from them. But obviously as far away from me as you could get. 

I was in the Railway Paddock - mid way between half way line and the Bycars - they gave a good account of themselves.

9 hours ago, Conrad said:

Apparently the club is on record as saying if you’ve moved to the Hamil and found you don’t like it, you can swap your season ticket for any other part of the ground at no cost.

From choosing a new seat in the Railway and printing a new season ticket card took less than 5 minutes while I waited.

Hope that you're not behind or more importantly in front of me......

5 hours ago, Rory said:
7 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:
What was the point of moving then? I thought it was supposed to create a better atmosphere so that our players upped their game. Pointless waste of resources to alienate some fans to no benefit. You can even buy beer in the Bycars now so that argument doesn't apply either. 

If you can't understand why the Hamil is better than the Bycars then I am really sorry.

I go to get the best view of the game, have to walk further to get to the Shamil for a worse view. I don't go to drink beer out of plastic glasses or buy overpriced food. I stand up to urinate so am not bothered about the "quality" of the toilets as long as I don't get wet feet. Don't be sorry for me just because I have a different opinion. 

Saturday dispelled the myth about The Hamil sounding quiet from The Paddock because ‘the noise doesn’t travel’. 

as above, i could heard Carlisle from the Hamil end of The Railway but never heard anything from The Hamil. There were even chants of ‘can you hear The Hamil sing?’ at one point 😭

3 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I go to get the best view of the game, have to walk further to get to the Shamil for a worse view. I don't go to drink beer out of plastic glasses or buy overpriced food. I stand up to urinate so am not bothered about the "quality" of the toilets as long as I don't get wet feet. Don't be sorry for me just because I have a different opinion. 

I’m with you 100% but then that’s me and you both taking a very selfish view.  What about all the fans who do like a drink in the fan zone or stand, and really don’t mind plastic glasses?  What about those who are willing to pay over the top prices for food?  Although it must be said that a fiver for a 12” pizza was actually a bargain.  What about those ladies that don’t stand up to urinate?  There are plenty of fans who fall into the above categories.  Most importantly all this extra revenue that the club will earn from the switch will be reinvested.  Quite simply if you want to see better players we need fans to spend money.  Worth thinking about. 👍🏻

5 hours ago, Conrad said:

There’s no need to be sarcastic, having seen all but 7 home games since 1970 I know how it works.you say you could hear vale sing from the Hamil, well you would if you were in the Hamil.

its obvious you could only hear Carlisle sing when they WERE actually singing, didn’t think I needed to explain that, and what I actually said was you could hear Carlisle MORE than the Hamil, not you couldn’t hear the Hamil at all.

Totally agree with you here, the sound from the Carlisle fans seemed to carry to where you sit ( I sit right behind you although you don't know it ) and was louder than the Hamil sounded. Could have something to do with which way the wind or breeze is blowing but I could hardly hear the Hamil end.

5 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I was in the Hamil and whilst it was hardly raucous I thought Carlisle were like a bunch of meek little mice. Hardly heard a peep from them. But obviously as far away from me as you could get. 

This was my impression, barely heard Carlisle throughout, although must admit I thought the singing in the Hamil was pretty quiet too.  In my view a noisy away following actually lifts the home fans…..unless we’re losing…..

25 minutes ago, Ex Hamil Lurker said:

Saturday dispelled the myth about The Hamil sounding quiet from The Paddock because ‘the noise doesn’t travel’. 

as above, i could heard Carlisle from the Hamil end of The Railway but never heard anything from The Hamil. There were even chants of ‘can you hear The Hamil sing?’ at one point 😭

You never heard nothing all game??

3 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

You are obviously very unhappy in the Hamil, to the extent that you are using silly little names for it, so why not change,  as others have done, to one of the other 3 home stands?. Obvious easy solution I would have thought.   I have moved from the Bycars to the RS and , for me, it is a huge improvement in the match day experience/ atmosphere.

As the saying goes,  you can't please all of the people all of the time, and if a few are so entrenched in their views, that if they can't sit in " their" seat in a stand with poor facilities and atmosphere, and don't care if it is better for the club and other fans,  well they can and have cut their noses off to spite their faces imho, by refusing to support the Vale this season.   Only my opinion of course 

Archived