onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

4 minutes ago, mvb said:

dont see why DF should be out there or Garlic and Carol , its a training camp , unless they have players jetting out to them to sign, who knows strange things going on in my humble opinion

It might just be a good place for them to go and get some work done without interruption. I guess that if everyone went off on a separate breaks at different times this summer it may be difficult to get all the senior figures to be available in one place at the same time. However, if they all go together as a working holiday if allows them that chance to meet up as well as (and let's be fair to them) also a chance to recharge their batteries on a nice sunny trip abroad. 

Advert

8 minutes ago, mvb said:

dont see why DF should be out there or Garlic and Carol , its a training camp , unless they have players jetting out to them to sign, who knows strange things going on in my humble opinion

Maybe because we were promoted at Wembley 6 weeks ago and a break in Spain is a 'thank you'?

16 minutes ago, mvb said:

Lets not forget we now model ourselves on being a family club so i guess Carol wants everyone together and as you say maybe players are going out to them.

22 minutes ago, mvb said:

its about team building, and the team is more than those who wear a black and white shirt

Carol's paid for it. If she wants to go then that's up to her! What 'strange things' do you think are happening?

35 minutes ago, mvb said:

Why not Carol? She’s paying for it.

Great news! I had a dream last night and we signed some cracking players, so am really excited for the new season now. Less enthusiastic about Carol personally signing Emlyn Hughes or the plan to turn the family stand in to a huge sandpit for the children, but otherwise I'm quite optimistic.

3 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Great news! I had a dream last night and we signed some cracking players, so am really excited for the new season now. Less enthusiastic about Carol personally signing Emlyn Hughes or the plan to turn the family stand in to a huge sandpit for the children, but otherwise I'm quite optimistic.

Crazy horse…. He d love the sandpit

2 hours ago, Alsager Whites said:

I'm finding it a bit tedious that anyone who offers a different view from consensus is shut down on the basis that 'Flitcroft knows better, Trust the Process'. No attempt to argue with their original point is made - they're dismissed on the basis of being a layman. Appeal to authority, I believe it is called.

Under this rationale, no one can ever discuss anything! Politics, music, art, film, television. All of those things were made by professionals with more training, ergo you can't discuss it as a layman. There's a predictable cycle at present - event happens, fans offer comment from their own perspective, same 5 people respond with 'you're just a fan, Flitcroft runs the club so trust the process!'. And repeat... dull as dishwater to read!

Flitcroft has got things wrong since he came in. He's got far more right, but there is a few signings which were clearly not correct. Can we discuss the actual merits of the decisions instead of retreating behind sentiments such as "I never cease to be amazed at just how many on here have an 'insight' into everything that goes on at PV--I must be msising out somewhere!!!" and "In that case, Carol, DC and DF should all bow down and admit they’ve got this all wrong.", quoted from the last page alone!

The cumulative hours of football watched on this forum is in the many thousands of hours. Fans offer a perspective on things without the personal biases that can come from working at a club full-time. It's silly and very boring to dismiss their views because they're not David Flitcroft. Mindless moaning for its own sake is of course rubbish, but some people make cogent points at times and are dismissed out of hand as there's this invisible process we should be following, with no one explaining exactly what said process entails!

A few posters, understandably, approach decisions made by the club as inherently positive. Any decision the club makes is the right one. Trust the Process. I can get it, as we had a very good season last year, but I've been a Valiant long enough to retain and trust my own evaluation on things. Trust the Process is becoming a tedious trope, funny at first to lampoon Pope, but now becoming a shield to avoid actual discussion of Port Vale 'summer transfer targets/rumours'. 

Just my two-penneth. I enjoy nothing more with a good football discussion with differing views with my brother in the Lorne Street, but since I decided to start posting Onevalefan appears to have become trusttheprocess.com.

👏👏👏

19 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Where has he said that? unbelievable really if he thinks that

I actually think his comment has been misrepresented, he said he’s taking a step up but I don’t think he’s meant that in a derogatory way to the Vale, I think he’s actually referring to now playing in league one 

Archived