onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

2 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

At the end of the day Morecambe are favourites to go down last time I looked so it is hardly a step up for him bar the fact he will stand a better chance of getting first team football. DC hasn’t played him correctly but Taylor was never going to be picked above Conlan, Walker, Garrett or Pett and rightly so. Good luck to him but although Martin isn’t a first division player we are more need on a good replacement for him, the selling of Martin ahead of someone else coming in should be more of a talking point.

Good point ,relatively well stocked in midfield. 

Smith injured as middle centre back we have no replacement. But again as people keep saying it will all come to fruition. 

I personally think might be couple more departures. Jones or Hussey wouldn't shock me to my core .

I think people are just trying to stay calm and wait for the end of the window before deciding if it has been a success or not. If we make no new additions / sales between now and the window closing I can't see many people saying this has been a success. But what people mean when they say 'trust the process' is they believe PVFC will get things right as they have done before - the players leaving will be replaced by better players and overall, we will have a better squad than last season. That's where I stand anyway.
Exactly. Nobody on here I believe has an issue with a good old debate with differing opinions. What people do have an issue with, myself included, is the people who descend immediately into hysterics and anger with no thought that maybe, just maybe, the decisions that are being made are done so by people that have a lot more knowledge than us about football, particularly behind the scenes, and that no decision is taken without a full consideration of the implications and replacements. That's what Carol pays them for. After how well they did last pre season and the January window, I think personally that they've earned a lot of people's trust. Or ought to have done. Hence, trust the process.

The Martin moves makes lots of sense.
He would have been on decent wages and wouldn’t have featured much.
He wanted to be near his family and Eastleigh have an experienced leader.
Definition of win win for everyone 
For the same first 2 reasons that's why the Taylor move makes sense to me also

There’s nothing wrong with having a different opinion, in fact, different opinions are an essential part of a forum -  just don’t expect a round of applause, a carpet of petals and for everyone to agree with you. And don’t ask for people not to patronise you with an even more patronising response. 

My view is that for the moment we should trust the board and management team on the basis that they have bought us success so far. They won’t get every decision right (no one ever does) and everyone is entitled to their counter opinion, but there seems to be a swell of opinion from some areas that things are generally going wrong, each decision is incorrect and we are heading in the wrong direction this closed season. I would tend to be more positive - doesn’t mean I have a crystal ball or would bet my mortgage on it and I’m not a happy clapper, I just go on the evidence that I’ve seen with my own eyes to date under the new regime.

I haven’t had this level of trust in decisions since the rudge years.

I would have kept Gibbo, but not Taylor. But we really don’t know the facts behind the Gibbo decision so my default for the moment is that I do trust the management team.

Lets see who we sign... there are seven players coming in according to DC and we have had a bit of a clear out to make the space / funds available. Exciting times!

10 hours ago, Bob Newtonian said:

We may not like it but morcombe due to their league 1 status over the last few years probably have a larger budget than us…. Think DC did well with Taylor started him in the play off final at Wembley so not sure what he s got to complain about… basically for the wage he was on he didn’t play enough.. remember he played great at Wembley against 10 men Mansfield when we were well on top…. He played no role in the rest of the season. 
the club is moving on… no more injury prone players hopefully.

We will have probably 3 times more gate money than Morecombe and more sponsorship money. they will not get any more money from sky or the EFL than us, so i don't get where they will have a bigger budget.

I think there has been a slight overreaction across all platforms following Taylor’s departure. Don’t get me wrong, Jake is clearly a talented footballer. However, how many times in the past 18 months has Jake showcased that talent? For me, not enough. I think it’s a good move for both parties, he clearly seemed unhappy at the Vale and Sproson clearly didn’t want him at the club, so what’s the point in keeping him? I want footballers at the Vale who genuinely want to play for Darrell Clarke and co. 

My only gripe is that we’ve lost a creative midfielder, whilst Conlon continues his recovery. Therefore, I’d be looking to bring in another creative CM. Personally, I’d be looking at Finn Azaz. He played us off the park last season with Newport, and I’d imagine Villa will be looking at another loan higher up the pyramid. 

Not particularly bothered about Martin’s departure. He was solid rather than spectacular last season, and I’d think he’d find game time hard to come by this time round. We’ll no doubt bring in another CB now. 

We will have probably 3 times more gate money than Morecombe and more sponsorship money. they will not get any more money from sky or the EFL than us, so i don't get where they will have a bigger budget.

Our corporate revenue alone is not far off their total ST sale revenue I’d imagine

1 hour ago, Alsager Whites said:

I'm finding it a bit tedious that anyone who offers a different view from consensus is shut down on the basis that 'Flitcroft knows better, Trust the Process'. No attempt to argue with their original point is made - they're dismissed on the basis of being a layman. Appeal to authority, I believe it is called.

Under this rationale, no one can ever discuss anything! Politics, music, art, film, television. All of those things were made by professionals with more training, ergo you can't discuss it as a layman. There's a predictable cycle at present - event happens, fans offer comment from their own perspective, same 5 people respond with 'you're just a fan, Flitcroft runs the club so trust the process!'. And repeat... dull as dishwater to read!

Flitcroft has got things wrong since he came in. He's got far more right, but there is a few signings which were clearly not correct. Can we discuss the actual merits of the decisions instead of retreating behind sentiments such as "I never cease to be amazed at just how many on here have an 'insight' into everything that goes on at PV--I must be msising out somewhere!!!" and "In that case, Carol, DC and DF should all bow down and admit they’ve got this all wrong.", quoted from the last page alone!

The cumulative hours of football watched on this forum is in the many thousands of hours. Fans offer a perspective on things without the personal biases that can come from working at a club full-time. It's silly and very boring to dismiss their views because they're not David Flitcroft. Mindless moaning for its own sake is of course rubbish, but some people make cogent points at times and are dismissed out of hand as there's this invisible process we should be following, with no one explaining exactly what said process entails!

A few posters, understandably, approach decisions made by the club as inherently positive. Any decision the club makes is the right one. Trust the Process. I can get it, as we had a very good season last year, but I've been a Valiant long enough to retain and trust my own evaluation on things. Trust the Process is becoming a tedious trope, funny at first to lampoon Pope, but now becoming a shield to avoid actual discussion of Port Vale 'summer transfer targets/rumours'. 

Just my two-penneth. I enjoy nothing more with a good football discussion with differing views with my brother in the Lorne Street, but since I decided to start posting Onevalefan appears to have become trusttheprocess.com.

Agree absolutely. We are all allowed an opinion. 

Archived