onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

1 hour ago, Alsager Whites said:

I'm finding it a bit tedious that anyone who offers a different view from consensus is shut down on the basis that 'Flitcroft knows better, Trust the Process'. No attempt to argue with their original point is made - they're dismissed on the basis of being a layman. Appeal to authority, I believe it is called.

Under this rationale, no one can ever discuss anything! Politics, music, art, film, television. All of those things were made by professionals with more training, ergo you can't discuss it as a layman. There's a predictable cycle at present - event happens, fans offer comment from their own perspective, same 5 people respond with 'you're just a fan, Flitcroft runs the club so trust the process!'. And repeat... dull as dishwater to read!

Flitcroft has got things wrong since he came in. He's got far more right, but there is a few signings which were clearly not correct. Can we discuss the actual merits of the decisions instead of retreating behind sentiments such as "I never cease to be amazed at just how many on here have an 'insight' into everything that goes on at PV--I must be msising out somewhere!!!" and "In that case, Carol, DC and DF should all bow down and admit they’ve got this all wrong.", quoted from the last page alone!

The cumulative hours of football watched on this forum is in the many thousands of hours. Fans offer a perspective on things without the personal biases that can come from working at a club full-time. It's silly and very boring to dismiss their views because they're not David Flitcroft. Mindless moaning for its own sake is of course rubbish, but some people make cogent points at times and are dismissed out of hand as there's this invisible process we should be following, with no one explaining exactly what said process entails!

A few posters, understandably, approach decisions made by the club as inherently positive. Any decision the club makes is the right one. Trust the Process. I can get it, as we had a very good season last year, but I've been a Valiant long enough to retain and trust my own evaluation on things. Trust the Process is becoming a tedious trope, funny at first to lampoon Pope, but now becoming a shield to avoid actual discussion of Port Vale 'summer transfer targets/rumours'. 

Just my two-penneth. I enjoy nothing more with a good football discussion with differing views with my brother in the Lorne Street, but since I decided to start posting Onevalefan appears to have become trusttheprocess.com.

I think my response to that would be:

1. It's a forum. Some people are going to disagree with your opinion. That works both ways as you are disagreeing with those who say don't criticise with the viewpoint you can criticise. 

2. I think the issue is numbers of replies. This is a busy forum especially when a topic starts to gather traction. I don't think anyone is "shutting" anyone else down. There are certainly nothing that the admin team are doing to prevent people arguing in favour of what you say as per those who disagree.

3. It's simply that if you have a minority opinion it's likely you'll get multiple replies from the majority who disagree with you. That happens on here and on social media. 

4. My view is that those replies are valid because they attack the argument. It's when things get personal and attack the person that I think things become unacceptable. And if I've missed any such posts (on what is a thread several thousand posts) long please message me and bring them to my attention.

Now having said all that (and I think if you look at the front page you'll see where my views lie) If, like me, you think that patience is required and leave it to the management team, that does not mean it's open season on pouring scorn on someone with another point of view. If it's OK I'm going to quote from my front page feature because I think that sums it up -

I accept that supporters have the right to criticise and to have strong opinions on all club matters. However, I do hope that most Vale fans have that patience to hold off the criticism and will wait to see what the squad looks like at the end of August.

I think that is reasonable. I have a viewpoint but I respect that others may disagree and say this is a worrying time. Perhaps it's time for everyone to just take a breath and reflect before replying? Perhaps it's time to remember that we are all Vale fans and that maybe someone with a different view is expressing it because they think the club will benefit if they took their line?

So, no-one is shutting anyone else down. Every fan has a right to their opinion as long as it's according to the rules. If you disagree attack the argument not the person. Please show respect for other fans who are posting their genuinely held belief for what they think is best for the club. If you see any posters not doing this notify myself or the admin team.

UTV

Rob

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

So are DF and CG so there goes my theory of them signing players while they are away

Looks like the trialist has gone with them as well

The overhead lockers are closed, perhaps the new signings are in them 🙂

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

So are DF and CG so there goes my theory of them signing players while they are away

Looks like the trialist has gone with them as well

Just said the same , cant see there being any signings next week if Garlic and DF along with Carol are all in Spain , unless they have players jetting out to them , but that would be strange

At the end of the day Morecambe are favourites to go down last time I looked so it is hardly a step up for him bar the fact he will stand a better chance of getting first team football. DC hasn’t played him correctly but Taylor was never going to be picked above Conlan, Walker, Garrett or Pett and rightly so. Good luck to him but although Martin isn’t a first division player we are more need on a good replacement for him, the selling of Martin ahead of someone else coming in should be more of a talking point.
Taylor to me was a development player for a years time, he wanted more game time now.
Nothing much we can do about it. As for trusting the process, that is what the owners have selected, and like us they hope for success. As long as progress is being made go with the flow, enjoy the times, player decisions don't always come off, no doubt lots of arguments made behind the scenes as on here.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

51 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Because a signing is usually accompanied by a few words from DC I wonder if we're in for a quiet week with them being in Spain.

Although it is 2022 so not like communication is an issue!

Don't think there were any quotes from Clarke about Ojo's signing - it was all Flitcroft.

Just said the same , cant see there being any signings next week if Garlic and DF along with Carol are all in Spain , unless they have players jetting out to them , but that would be strange
Zoom calls? New players sunning themselves by the pool as the team coach arrives at the hotel? Loan players not available until clubs have assembled their squads towards the end of July?

Just now, Fosse69 said:

Zoom calls? New players sunning themselves by the pool as the team coach arrives at the hotel? Loan players not available until clubs have assembled their squads towards the end of July?

dont see why DF should be out there or Garlic and Carol , its a training camp , unless they have players jetting out to them to sign, who knows strange things going on in my humble opinion

Archived