onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

He only played twice for Lincoln after they got promoted. Did they not think he could step up?
Wasn't he playing in a more advanced midfield role for Lincoln?

In his current position as defensive midfielder, I'm hoping he will excel again next season.

Advert

Pett has to sit deep and be creative when we lost Conlon, as Taylor was injured. He looked a bit out of place because of that, but then when the right players were back in the right positions again he excelled. Anyway I think Pett will be likely coming off the bench when all is said and done, but I trust him starting as well.

Taylor hardly featured for us last season.

A 'pretty' player who is lightweight out of possession.

He will of been on decent money and he's obviously someone who doesn't fit Clarkes system (see above).

Food for thought for everyone crying about his loss.... Remember he's only signed for Morecambe.

TTP

As much as im disappointed in JT leaving , im a bit peed off with his attitude saying hes gone to Morcambe because he felt wanted . Didnt AC say when fit , that he had a part to play before the season ends ? he then played in the semi final and final of the playoffs, doesnt sound " not wanted" to me , think its bs. But hey he chooses 2yrs at mighty Morecambe over the 2yrs he had left at the Vale . No doubt on the good advice of his agent

4 hours ago, capirex said:

I think that letting Jake go could backfire. He is no more injury prone than potentially any other player. Anybody can get a serious injury at any time. Tom Conlan missed half of last season but nobody is suggesting getting rid of him because he's injury prone. Jake sounds like he feels he's he wasn't wanted at Vale which is a great shame. Didn't I see somewhere that everybody started this season with a clean slate. Apparently that didn't apply Jake and Cov. Regarding Holden, some on here are suggesting giving him a contract when he hasn't kicked a ball in anger for eighteen months, but are happy with letting Gibbo go because he's injury prone! Somebody on the Walsall forum showed a picture of the Haywood Hospital with a comment that he hoped that the Vale had reserved a bed ready for him!

Dc will sell conlon if he can… time yet…. He dislikes injury prone players… we need value for money with our tight budget… no coincidence that gibbons and Taylor are gone they never gave value for money with the amount of games they played and that wont change with their new clubs. The other players released are great but squad players at best… probably Gibbo and Taylor will be Squad players for their new teams as well… it’s obvious we are making room for some proven league 1 players without the injury woes associated with some of our current squad…. I would not be suprised to see Conlon Walker gone in January 

2 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

I'm very disappointed Taylor has left from the perspective of the club and as a Vale fan. Going to Sheff Wed or Ipswich I could understand but bleedin' Morecombe, ffs.

I said in a previous post I hoped he would stay and fight for a starting place at Vale but that he could likely move if he didn't get much game time by the end of August.  It's telling from the video when he says it's "Great to be somewhere where your wanted" or words to that effect as he was virtually outcast as soon as DC arrived and even when he was fit and did play and played well, Taylor didn't get much game time so it's no surprise he's decided to jump ship.

Jake Taylor has the skill and the all round game to be successful in Lge 1 at least if he can stay fit in a competitive team. At Vale I could see him and Conlon together with an athletic, solid defensive midfielder playing as the 3 CM's which is what I read Ojo to be. Some of the skill Taylor produced last season, even the few times he did play, was superb, the Cryuff turn and pass to Benning at Wembley was brilliant, befitting a Prem player, I wanna see moments like this from Vale players during the season.

Letting Taylor go now, unless there us an underlying injury issue, makes no sense to me, it's gonna take either a lot of money or luck to replace him but we move on. I for one hope he achieves his potential but not against Vale.

We may not like it but morcombe due to their league 1 status over the last few years probably have a larger budget than us…. Think DC did well with Taylor started him in the play off final at Wembley so not sure what he s got to complain about… basically for the wage he was on he didn’t play enough.. remember he played great at Wembley against 10 men Mansfield when we were well on top…. He played no role in the rest of the season. 
the club is moving on… no more injury prone players hopefully.

50 minutes ago, aspin for england said:

As much as im disappointed in JT leaving , im a bit peed off with his attitude saying hes gone to Morcambe because he felt wanted . Didnt AC say when fit , that he had a part to play before the season ends ? he then played in the semi final and final of the playoffs, doesnt sound " not wanted" to me , think its bs. But hey he chooses 2yrs at mighty Morecambe over the 2yrs he had left at the Vale . No doubt on the good advice of his agent

Not so sure he never gave him a chance when fit before that. Think he played those games as there was no other choice. Taylor was class with us in his first spell, think some forget that. Some of his touches / passing at wembley was a step above we’ve seen imo 

2 hours ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Dc will sell conlon if he can… time yet…. He dislikes injury prone players… 

Brad Walker and Proctor were signed who both could be described as injury prone players before they came to Vale.

In the case of Taylor only time will tell whether he has got over the injury that's plagued him recently or whether it's something that will keep on repeating itself. I hope for the best for the lad. If he has got rid over his injury woes then Morecombe have one hell of a player.

2 hours ago, Bob Newtonian said:

We may not like it but morcombe due to their league 1 status over the last few years probably have a larger budget than us…. Think DC did well with Taylor started him in the play off final at Wembley so not sure what he s got to complain about… basically for the wage he was on he didn’t play enough.. remember he played great at Wembley against 10 men Mansfield when we were well on top…. He played no role in the rest of the season. 
the club is moving on… no more injury prone players hopefully.

I don't think Taylor is complaining just that he wants more game time and he feels what's happened since DC/AC have been at the club that he's not gonna get much game time at Vale Park. Taylor was arguably the stand out player on the park at Wembley yet he was subbed after ca 65 mins. 

Taylor played great at Wembley from the start, the two exquisite passes, one made to Worrall that led to the second goal and the Cryuff turn and ball to Benning were all before Mansfield went down to 10 men.

I doubt you have any idea how much JT was earning at Vale Park.

Injury is a fact of life for footballers at all levels.

11 hours ago, philmpv said:

As is stands we've sold or released Taylor, Amoo, Gibbons and Cov. I haven't totalled up their total combined appearances last season, but all were bit part players over the course of the season. On that basis alone, they won't be as missed as some seem to think, IMHO, and there will certainly be better out there.

No doubt there will be better players out there, but out of all those players who’ve gone I’ll still say it’s harsh to class gibbo and probably Covolan as just a bit part player in comparison to the others, of the outfield players gibbo had a far bigger impact in games than the others who’ve gone and even some of those still here.  If he hadn’t gone we’d be saying he’s a definite first name on the team sheet type of player. Covolan also played half the season and let’s not forget he was part of the defence that got all those clean sheets and also kept us in some games with some important saves, it’s the 2 reds that let him down. Both those player were being lauded on here for some of their performances last season and rightly so.  I thinks it’s unfair to dismiss those 2. A bit part player to me is someone who hardly contributes anything and players like hurst, Taylor and Amoo fall into that bracket easily on last seasons performances. 

All those players that have gone now need to go out and play more games at their new clubs than they did here to prove our decisions on them wrong. Whilst we have to get in replacements that are better than them and will play more games than them too.

I think that this is a massive transfer window now because we have to go out and spend some serious money (wage wise) on replacements that can slot in as starters in league one. 

5 hours ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Dc will sell conlon if he can… time yet…. He dislikes injury prone players… we need value for money with our tight budget… no coincidence that gibbons and Taylor are gone they never gave value for money with the amount of games they played and that wont change with their new clubs. The other players released are great but squad players at best… probably Gibbo and Taylor will be Squad players for their new teams as well… it’s obvious we are making room for some proven league 1 players without the injury woes associated with some of our current squad…. I would not be suprised to see Conlon Walker gone in January 

Why is Rory Holden training with us then? He missed the whole of last season.

7 hours ago, Bob Newtonian said:

This is probably all wrong. Wilson and proctor both had injury records. We’ve got holden on trial who’s hardly played for a year. Both proctor and Gibbo offered a new deals at the end of last season. Cass resigned after a bad injury. Taylor hasn’t gone because of his injuries but because he won’t play in our side and he knows it. The manager just doesn’t fancy him IMO. Time will tell if the players who’ve left will be regulars for their new teams, but let’s not pretend they’re all rubbish who’ve gone because they’re not. Also look at the bigger picture, we’ve just revamped the physio department with a new head physio coming in, that says a great deal too. 

Archived