onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, werstayinup said:
Where has he said that? unbelievable really if he thinks that

It's all puffery and getting in with the fans isn't it though. I wouldn't read too much into the comments of any player joining a club, including ours. He's hardly likely to say 'yeah it's a step down, but I'm likely to play more here as your midfield is so dog dirt, so that's why I've come'

So to be absolutely clear, you’re accusing Jake Taylor of puffery?

Advert

Those comparing the Holden situation to gibbo/Taylor mustn't understand the terms under which we’d actually sign Holden. Management aren’t stupid, they’re aware of the injury risks. He’d be offered a deal with appearance based bonuses and a low set wage - probably similar to what gibbo actually turned down. 

If Holden does join and subsequently miss a large chunk of the season through injury, I highly doubt it would carry any major implications for us financially. 

Just now, andy jones said:

That's the guy, thanks.

Andre Bikey.

Regarding Holden I wasn't thinking about contract terms as the club would allow for 'play and pay' in any contract. I was thinking more of taking up a space in the squad numbers.

Not concerned. Yet.

We're making room for new players to come in.

People ITK reckon a few new signings are all lined up ready to go, but for some reason or other we're holding back on announcing them.

No idea why, probably just the club's way of antagonizing the fanbase.

8 minutes ago, andy jones said:

That's the guy, thanks.

If Bikey had signed a bit earlier we would have stayed up. Some of his skills were brilliant. However I'd have backed myself to beat him in a race...unless it was to Hamil Oatcakes. He was a big unit 

1 minute ago, DazFred said:

If Bikey had signed a bit earlier we would have stayed up. Some of his skills were brilliant. However I'd have backed myself to beat him in a race...unless it was to Hamil Oatcakes. He was a big unit 

When I first saw him limping round I just thought for <ovf censored> sake, then after 5 mins it became clear he was a massive beast. 

I think that letting Jake go could backfire. He is no more injury prone than potentially any other player. Anybody can get a serious injury at any time. Tom Conlan missed half of last season but nobody is suggesting getting rid of him because he's injury prone. Jake sounds like he feels he's he wasn't wanted at Vale which is a great shame. Didn't I see somewhere that everybody started this season with a clean slate. Apparently that didn't apply Jake and Cov. Regarding Holden, some on here are suggesting giving him a contract when he hasn't kicked a ball in anger for eighteen months, but are happy with letting Gibbo go because he's injury prone! Somebody on the Walsall forum showed a picture of the Haywood Hospital with a comment that he hoped that the Vale had reserved a bed ready for him!
Haywood is at least a rehab hospital!

I am not personally bothered by numbers of players. We need quality and pace. I cannot remember how many matches I and others around me got frustrated at slow ponderous possession up to the final third and then bizzarly passing it back or even losing possession and having to race back and defend. We need to press and push up.

Archived