onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

It's a good rule not to pay too much attention to what anyone who has just left your club says (including, it seems, club legends). They have to be pumped up about whoever they have joined, or they'll look like Aaron Lennon in a new Everton strip.

7 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Where has he said that? unbelievable really if he thinks that

10 minutes ago, Brown Edge Normski said:

Apparently Taylor thinks his move is a step up. I would disagree on several fronts.

Is this Sproston bigging up the move so he takes his cut from the move, rather than him staying at Vale.  Would have loved for Taylor to stay and push for a starting place after his Wembley show.  But can he produce that every game - that is the question the management thought he possibly couldn't. 

2 minutes ago, valeitup said:

It's a good rule not to pay too much attention to what anyone who has just left your club says (including, it seems, club legends). They have to be pumped up about whoever they have joined, or they'll look like Aaron Lennon in a new Everton strip.

Yeah. Imagine if he said "well I didn't really want to leave Vale but the manager thought I was injury prone. I only signed for Morecambe because he didn't want me and no-one else came in for me."

Taylor, who began his youth career with Manchester United, said he was "delighted" to join Morecambe.

"I just wanted to go to a club where I felt wanted, play regularly and express myself," he said.

"As a player you want to play at the highest level possible, it is the unknown for me, it is a step up but hopefully, as a team and individually, we can have a good season."

Also says he'll be available to play tomorrow when Morecambe play at Macclesfield. I'd go to that if I was around.

Extremely harsh to say Taylor was poor against Bristol. 1st start back from a bad injury playing in role alien to him. He’s as much a CDM as he is a GK. He’s a ball player he isn’t there to tackle. 

It’s alright saying we have a settled 11 ect still x amount of time. But I think some are forgetting this is the next league up. Signings will come but I do think they need to be sooner rather than later so the squad can settle, I don’t want fleetwood to come and we still have only Wilson and proctor up top, Worrall at RWB and Stone in nets. I do get the feeling that Taylor wasn’t like by Clarke and co. 

The two players we’ve bought in could be starting 11 or will at the very least be L1 quality off the bench.

The players we’ve let go are all subs in L2, let alone in L1, where they would be found wanting and kept out of the team as far as possible. Apart from Gibbo who would have been injured anyway, and taking big wages away from the squad budget.

We have weeks and weeks before the deadline, we probably have plans in place for replacements and I have no doubt they will be far better quality and elevate the squad.

Does anyone really think the players we will bring in will be worse than the players we’ve let go?! They’ll be better than some of the current contracted starters I’d bet.

As for Taylor, look at Morecombe’s other signings. He has gone for first team football that we could not guarantee because we have better players than them. Our replacement for Taylor will not just be deputising for Conlon and then a bench-sitter from then on. They’ll be a challenger for TC or someone who can realistically compete with him when he returns from injury. Taylor could never be that competition.

It’s fantastic that we have been able to shift so many players under contract that have no value in L1. Making space we need to have a competent, balanced and exciting L1 team and squad.

It’s all going to plan.

Would have liked Taylor to stay. Felt he would have played more than a bit part especially with Conlon and Walker coming back from injury. He might even have started the first few games and if on his game might have kept the shirt. The increase in the number of subs probably means more rotation and game time for more of the squad. His choice and I know I'm biased but staying at the Vale looks a better option to me.
As regards Martin leaving I am more relaxed and felt he had a mistake in him and felt League 2 was a stretch for him. Looked like a rabbit in the headlights when he had the ball at his feet. Feel he will be easier to replace with better.

51 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Martin still under contract and I haven't read the details of the deal yet but i guess they will have to pay a small fee? good business again by the club

Don't reckon they've paid a fee. Sounds like Martin has asked to be allowed to move to his hometown club, so they have probably just cancelled the final year of his contract and let him go.

Good luck to both lads left the club in a proud way both did great jobs wishing them all the best at there future clubs.
Taylors a surprise young hungry spreads the ball well pops up scores goals ,he certainly is no worse than T Conlon who everyone raves about .
Take it he left to play regularly cannot fault that really going be a very good Garner (Notts Forest )type for his new club Morecambe.
Good luck lad Wembley and second leg V Swindon very good performances and who cannot forget the winner at Crewe when we were average .
All the best to them both .
UTV

Archived