onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

8 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

Can we not trust tangible outcomes, and not invisible process? It's all a bit buzzword for me at my age.

You need to sit tight mate until 31st August before you can trust tangible outcomes.

Advert

8 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

Aren't Ojo and Taylor very different midfielders?

Also, didn't Forest have a sell on%, so any profit is cut off?

They are but one CM had to go. 

No idea about the sell on clause but wouldn’t be surprised if there is one.

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Suspect that Jake will very soon learn that 'Derek Adams' and 'creative midfielder' don't go together emoji16.png

I think Graham Carey thrived under Adams at Plymouth. You can only play a way with the quality of players you can afford.

17 minutes ago, MBE said:

As an example would you be happy if a Politic type player came in as replacement for Taylor? I would.

Yes......Please 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Den Den Den Den Den Den...................................

I am a bit disappointed JT has gone, thought he may push on this year. It does seem we are getting rid of players who have not played much or a bit injury prone. I suppose like all,would like to see a few coming in. I would imagine now that will happen when we come back from Spain

23 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Strange that some on here apparently knew he was staying ….. been off for ages. 

Bad news, he’s good enough for this level, more time on the ball and was fantastic at Wembley. clearly talented and now we’re another body light and have no creative player in midfield with Conlon out. ‘The club are protected’ great, prefer it if we had just kept him as he’s a good enough squad player but never mind. Don’t understand Flitcrofts interview at all. Presume we’re happy with the number of midfielders? If so Im a bit worried but no doubt someone will come on here shortly saying trust the process and that they know better and to not bother commenting even though it’s a forum ect. 

Yeh we are improving as a club off the field and with the coaching staff and Backroom Team etc but the playing side is not, as yet following suit.

If Morecambe can sign a goal keeper like Connor Ripley and offer Taylor Higher Wages than us, then it’s looking like a Long Hard Season.

Looking at our current squad and the injury history with some of our better players, we certainly need some better quality players and soon.

27 minutes ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Taylor leaving for quite possibly a team who we will need 6 points off this season is very disappointing.

I suppose it depends on how well he performs.

Just a bit of perspective from me on it,i think the club have done well here again to get cash for a player who lets be honest was on the fringes of the team(yes he played very well in the final),we will be getting a decent fee(as some will be going to Forest) and we have inserted a sell on clause to benefit us from his future progress as well.

Jake had a couple of good games at the end of the season BUT when he came back permanently he wasn't the same player we had on loan,then he got injured(we dont know if that will have a long term affect on him or not). For me he is a player we can easily replace and we are well stacked in midfield(walker when fit is class),so for us to get cash and a sell on for a player not a first team regular is good business for the club.

Dont get me wrong I am sad he has gone because i rated him and liked him but i wont be going ott over this one,he was always going leave after Sprosons comments on air publicly  last winter i would be a hell of a lot more gutted if it was Wilson.

Also is this the last of Sprosons lot? that in itself cant be a bad thing

Onwards and Upwards

We will be paying Ryanair a fortune in name change fees on these plane tickets! Martin gone as well, although think that one is a sensible decision all round, never let us down but probably not ideal for us in league one.

Jake Taylor is a funny one, are we being emotional about losing him based on the two play off games and not his contribution over the previous 18 months?

He has talent of course but has been injured a fair bit and wasn’t quite up to the loan performances last season and early this. I wish him well but if the money from him gets spent on a decent striker or right back then that would be a good move for all parties.

Archived