onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

In the club's statement, Flitcroft basically says that Conlon, Ojo and Garrity were ahead of him in the queue for game time. I don't get that. Conlon's not going to be available for a few months, Ojo seems more of a defensive mid and whilst Garrity has many qualities, he's no playmaker.

Am disappointed by this, was really hoping this would be the season Jake kicks on and shows us the player we know he can be. From reading DF’s comments it sounds like Conlon is making good progress but even so it’s going to take a while for him to build up match fitness etc. 

All the best to Jake though. Is that the last of Sprosons players with us now?

51 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

The clubs Twitter account had posted a photo of him training yesterday (bottom right). I agree though, if we had Brad Walker 

He had a good few games didn’t he in the final run in and looked solid I agree. Gives you that bit of height in the middle. Not sure he will be a regular starter though. Good back up

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

3 of the Wembley starting side gone .

Morecambe is a dreadful move surely. Hopefully Sproson happy though 

It isn’t a bad move if he’s guaranteed games there when he probably isn’t here.  Sitting on our bench won’t help his next move, but playing games in league one for morecambe will. 

Just now, PV1973 said:

It isn’t if he’s guaranteed games when he probably isn’t here.  

I don't think you can guarantee games to anyone at League one level. 

Messi Ronaldo Mbappe etc but not a League one player with things to prove.

If Morecambe have given that guarantee more fool them.

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I don't think you can guarantee games to anyone at League one level. 

Messi Ronaldo Mbappe etc but not a League one player with things to prove.

If Morecambe have given that guarantee more fool them.

I suppose I getting at the fact that he probably realises his chances will be limited here once Conlon is fit and has to go out and play somewhere for his own career. But he could have gone there and been told in the talks by the manager that he’s planning on starting him and building a team around him… who knows. 

I think fans are going to go into a massive meltdown sooner rather then later. 

I try to stay away from social media side of it purely because its so negative. 

With gibbo going , the friendly yesterday with mainly kids playing and now taylor gone. Fans seem to be getting more and more annoyed. 

It's a frustrating period for fans and going off DC statement it's also frustrating behind the scenes at the moment. 

In no means I'm I moaning or slating the ones in charge but I really hope we have something in our sleeves and announce a quality league 1 signing. Just to calm everyone down 

2 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Talking in the last hour to a decent source it was simply about wages.

I am a million miles from the panic button but does make me wonder if our rigid wage structure is holding us back.

Anyway I continue to trust the process.

• Cost us with Gibbons. He wanted 2 years.that’s all

Archived