onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

15 minutes ago, chickensteve said:

I am not personally bothered by numbers of players. We need quality and pace. I cannot remember how many matches I and others around me got frustrated at slow ponderous possession up to the final third and then bizzarly passing it back or even losing possession and having to race back and defend. We need to press and push up.

I know, its no wonder we didn't get promoted (jesting, I do know what you mean, it was frustrating at times)

3 hours ago, philmpv said:

The reactions to when a player some see as important leaves reminds me of the reactions we see regularly on match days. If we go a game without scoring, some 'cant see where the next goal is coming from', even if we've regularly scored prior. If we lose a game, then come the next match all previous wins are forgotten, and only the last match counts as any evidence of our ability as a team. Lots of 'last game only' merchants which seems to have translated into their views on our transfer policy i.e. we've sold a decent player, there's obviously no better out there so we're not going to sign anyone and we're a weaker side.

As is stands we've sold or released Taylor, Amoo, Gibbons and Cov. I haven't totalled up their total combined appearances last season, but all were bit part players over the course of the season. On that basis alone, they won't be as missed as some seem to think, IMHO, and there will certainly be better out there.

We have loads of time for signings. Loads. If we want the right players, then sometimes we have to wait. That's what we're doing. I'm not concerned in the slightest

Edit: and now Martin, who some on here would have paid to leave. Very unfairly in my view.

Spot on Phil...especially the "I don't see where the goals are coming from..." brigade, who couldn't work out that 3 players scoring 13+ each is almost the same as 2 scoring 20 each?

1 hour ago, chickensteve said:

I am not personally bothered by numbers of players. We need quality and pace. I cannot remember how many matches I and others around me got frustrated at slow ponderous possession up to the final third and then bizzarly passing it back or even losing possession and having to race back and defend. We need to press and push up.

Yep absolutely this. That is one of the reasons I’m a bit relieved we haven’t brought in Fletcher as an example. We need pace throughout the team really.

On Jake as disappointed as I am to see him leave one thing I will say is for the first couple of months he will have been almost guaranteed a starting spot. If he’s not prepared to back his skills during that period to make it impossible to drop him when Conlon is back then I’m not sure that’s the kind of mentality DC will appreciate.

It’ll be very interesting to see who will come in to cover for Tom Conlon. I expect that will be an exciting signing and a statement. Hopefully alongside some cracking strikers. Then people can relaaax.

Personally, I still continue to have complete faith in the current Vale set up with regards to recruitment and personnel of our squad. 

I could bang on about Gibbo or Taylor leaving etc  but we seem to be much more strategic about our decisions on recruitment these days. And the finances have got to be right too. Connor Hall - say no more!

I'm sure that not only will we get value for money/ profit in our signings/ sale of players but the signings will enhance our team/squad. I appreciate it feels that time is against us but it is not. No need to panic. Time to keep level heads. 

Archived