Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Fosse69

For a change a visit to a struggling team in a relegation place, whose previous home result was a 4-0 hammering by Exeter and failed to hold onto a 2-0 lead at Carlisle away in their last game, so low in confidence. A good chance for a hat-trick of away wins and firming up a PO place. Settle the game early on with waves of attacks, allowing match time for our choice of players off the bench?  Also, there is the need to keep the GD healthy and prepare for the Orient.

We can go there with confidence and play our football .

Team well the same again you would  probably go with however different teams have different strengths and weaknesses .

Swindon was allegedly a bogey ground and we won there no reason why we cannot get a positive result there if we prepare properly and do not get over confident .

UTV 

• Like 1

These are the type of games where you have to battle and make sure you match their work rate, and then your extra bit of quality will usually shine through in the end. Doesn't matter where they are in the league, away from home you'll always be in for a tough game. If a couple of players don't really show up on the day then you're in trouble.

Edited by Beech
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Doha said:

Have to be looking for a decisive win here. Not too long a trip so hopefully take a few more now after the last two results despite our dire record up there. 

Hope the fans make the trip up to scunny on satday and the players run out to 6 or 700 instead of the usual 250 and really get behind the lads 

As per Swindon not somewhere we travel in numbers yet I've driven it in 2 hours 15 minutes without flooring it. 

First game I'll miss due to an operation on Thursday but all being well I'll be out and download the foreign VPN on Saturday. 

A real banana skin but we have to go there confident from the off .

Set us up for Orient if we can come away with something. 

• Like 1

Everybody will be expecting us to win this but we usually save our worst performances for against scunthorpe. I think we have only beat them twice since something like 1988. 2 1 away last season in the league Cup when they had a few out with covid and a 3 1 home win in 2016 when we ended up getting relegated. I hope they prove me wrong but I think 1 1 draw is the best we will get from the game. Also there's no chance we will take 600 to 700 probably be between 300 to 400.

• Like 1

The only thing keeping Scunthorpe off the bottom is the absolute mess of a club that Oldham have become. They've conceded 13 goals so far compared to 6 for us. A professional performance from us should see a decent win.

Edited by mikey

The odds are out and we're a very skinny 10/11 to win at Scunthorpe......
Even THESE odds will shorten towards the weekend I feel.......

WORRYINGLY short odds!!......
Hoping they stay that way for most of the season.
  • Like 1

I've never known a more nailed on Vale loss than this in years. Bang in form against a struggling side.

We're too excited/optimistic.

Prepare yourselves now folks. We've been hurt too many times before. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I've never known a more nailed on Vale loss than this in years. Bang in form against a struggling side.

We're too excited/optimistic.

Prepare yourselves now folks. We've been hurt too many times before. 

Theyt becoming a "proper Old Skool Valeite", Joe.........good on yer! 🤣😂

• Like 3