Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Fosse69

7 hours ago, Doha said:

Oh dear. It seems the unfortunates down in yam yam land are really still rather rattled that DC had the temerity to leave for a much bigger job.

I'm looking forward to November 23rd. And the away game in late April, what a spectacle that will be during the run in of a promotion push. More engaging than the usual spectacle in Walsall, which is one of a crowd congregating in the town centre to watch the trial of a pig accused of witchcraft.

Hsgt7RF.png

Hey, Walsall have their no.1 target as manager in charge and they weren’t going to renew DC’s contract anyway. Oldham have finally got some real playmaking midfielders to replace Garrity, who really shouldn’t be a footballer. 2 of the top 3 sorted and we get shafted with the scraps again. As long as Richie Bennett doesn’t send us down and make it a trio of huge errors we should survive. 

Edited by 1
  • Haha 2

On 20/09/2021 at 17:37, Andy Proctor said:

For anybody that's going the game make sure you buy a ticket in advance as its a rip off 25 quid on the day.

You are correct however a drive from Market Drayton to pick a ticket up will most likely cost me more than two quid so glad we have the choice unlike at Swindon..

8 hours ago, Doha said:

Oh dear. It seems the unfortunates down in yam yam land are really still rather rattled that DC had the temerity to leave for a much bigger job.

I'm looking forward to November 23rd. And the away game in late April, what a spectacle that will be during the run in of a promotion push. More engaging than the usual spectacle in Walsall, which is one of a crowd congregating in the town centre to watch the trial of a pig accused of witchcraft.

Hsgt7RF.png

They've won 5 out of 28 games since he left. That chat will sound great at Boreham Wood away.

9 hours ago, Doha said:

Hsgt7RF.png

Jesus wept… I get there is supposed “banter” in football…. But that’s just genuinely embarrassing.

• Like 1

We should win and there is absolutely no reason on paper why not. A loss would be bad, as it will hit confidence and momentum when we lose to teams we should be beating. 

We will. Quite strongly. As someone else has said 3-1 win sounds a good shout. 
Problem is football ain't played on paper.

I see this as a  game to benchmark where we are at. Having got to the edge of the play offs a win will put is in the mix , a defeat sends you back to mid table. No games are easy but surely its got to be easier playing a team at the bottom rather than the top. They are at the bottom for a reason and while its still early days winning is a good habit to get into and keeps confidence high.

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to this one 1st away game in person this season. Scunny don't look like they have much going forward to me.Record suggests they struggle to score goals and with a leaky backline.

History means bugger all - another away day hoodoo to banish 0-2 to SVA and cement a place in top6.

• Like 1

On 22/09/2021 at 01:34, Mario said:
On 22/09/2021 at 00:24, TJHValiant said:
We should win and there is absolutely no reason on paper why not. A loss would be bad, as it will hit confidence and momentum when we lose to teams we should be beating. 

We will. Quite strongly. As someone else has said 3-1 win sounds a good shout. 

Problem is football ain't played on paper.

It’s played on a ski slope covered with turf at Harrogate

The league this season is going to have 2/3rds of teams battling for the top 7; really tight and a lot of tough fixtures. This season more than ever I reckon I juries are going to play a huge factor. Away at Scunny and similar games need game management to protect players like Wilson, Gibbo, Worrall etc. regardless of how they’re playing.

Edited by 1