Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Without doubt consistency is going to be the key for us. We have a good enough squad to challenge at the top end, however we cannot carry players all have to be on there game. If all eleven are at 7 or 8 out of 10 then we will win anything less we will be in trouble. I would really like us to win up there last time I went to scunny we lost three nil Billy Sharp scored twice. We are due a win here’s hoping .

• Like 3

My team always good to freshen it up and keep players on toes .

Covalan 

Gibbons Cass Smith Jones 

Pett Conlon 

Worrall   Garrity     Wilson 

Proctor .

That's the  team I'd start with but I'd also see at some point Amoo come on along with Politic the lad must be match fit by now,J Taylor could get some minutes also as he looked fit and ready to go last week .

The bench well DC will have them 3 plus Lloyd Stone And Martin I reckon .

I'd like see Conlon have more of a influence on games they seem be bypassing him at present luckily others are stepping up instead of him but last week he didn't really get involved in the game at all and we want him involved in the games as that can only be good for Vale if indeed he is so will be watching his performance intently .

Garrity will score again I feel also Wilson also  and as long as we defensively do our job well with good communication theres no reason why a away win is not incoming. 

Lets be positive .

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

Initial allocation sold out, but you can pay on the day by card. Anyone know what the initial allocation was?

Went down this morning to pick up tickets for Sat to be abruptly told ‘sold out won’t be getting anymore’ !

Wasted journey , no information about this anywhere to my knowledge. 
Apparently we had 400 tickets and that was it . 
For info anybody wishing not to have to pay the increased price on the day if you ring Scunthorpe ticket office you can book and pay for at the lower price and pick up there . 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ValeGez said:

Went down this morning to pick up tickets for Sat to be abruptly told ‘sold out won’t be getting anymore’ !

For info anybody wishing not to have to pay the increased price on the day if you ring Scunthorpe ticket office you can book and pay for at the lower price and pick up there . 

If it’s like vales ticket office there’s no point ringing nobody will answer just pay the extra on the day 

4 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

If it’s like vales ticket office there’s no point ringing nobody will answer just pay the extra on the day 

Rang myself , straight through, took about 2 mins , sorted and paid for .

You’re correct about one thing though , I was told by our ticket office “just pay on the day “ !!

1 hour ago, ValeGez said:

We need a director of communication to tell us stuff like this.

We have a fair few bogey teams but I've just read we ain't won there in the league since 1973 .

Wow that's not good however hadn't Rochdale ever won at Vale park then they did the other week .

I just think in years gone by if we got out our own half in games and won a corner that be something,but this year I see a GO FOR IT squad of players with high energy in key areas and no lack of quality .

It's very rare in my Vale supporting life that we have a whole team of players who could potentially net at critical moments in games .

It's very exciting and no matter what the outcome sat I'm sure we will have a go and that as a fan is all you ask have a go try to entertain,run forwards shoot block opposition shots work your proverbials off I think DC has already installed that into every member of the 24 man squad and that can only lead to lots of wins as season progresses. 

400 sold for Saturday is tremendous because 400 Vale sound like 20 thousand if they are enjoying what they are seeing and thats what its all about you cannot kid your supporters being a long time since I was excited about a Vale squad like I am of this one .

Roll on week on sat v Kenny Jacketts Leyton Orient at home even though on me season ticket fixture  card it says away its at home UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, 1 said:

Providing communication without a direction if there’s no communication director.

In a lot of cases, not providing any communication at all and that’s with a communications director.

Edited by Conrad
  • Like 1

On 21/09/2021 at 20:37, 1 said:

Hey, Walsall have their no.1 target as manager in charge and they weren’t going to renew DC’s contract anyway. Oldham have finally got some real playmaking midfielders to replace Garrity, who really shouldn’t be a footballer. 2 of the top 3 sorted and we get shafted with the scraps again. As long as Richie Bennett doesn’t send us down and make it a trio of huge errors we should survive. 

Bennett, isn’t capable of sending a lift down 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

From their forum, Iron Bru.

Here are the stats for the season to date for goals scored vs conceded.

0-15 mins, 2v0
16-30 mins, 0v0
31-45 mins, 1v1
45-60 mins, 2v4
61-75 mins, 0v3
76-90 mins, 1v5

Proves the obvious, we set out defensive at the start of matches. Only 1 first half goal conceded, the best in the league.

That’s followed by an utter shambles in the second half as we try to hang on. 12 second half goals conceded, the worst in the league!!.

Tactics wrong, players can’t keep pressing for 90 minutes, players are not fit enough, poor substitutions, the opposition know that we will crumble in the second half, we are predictable.