Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

6 minutes ago, MBE said:

Huff and powder puff.... relying on Hurst to create chances showing again he's not good enough for this level.

Really?

He's played about 17 professional league games EVER.

He was the only positive spark on the pitch tonight.

Very, very very harsh. 

• Like 6

Advert:

4 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

This has club has probably deserved to end up in non league for many years now. We have been a circus off and on the pitch for too long. Perhaps now it is eating away at us and we will get our comeuppance. This post is no dig at Carol either, it’s not her fault, she’s just been badly let down and perhaps a touch naive this season. 

Not one player, coach etc has been likeable this season. I don’t feel like cheering on any of them, I just spend 90 minutes criticising each player we have. Even the new manager has an aura of being unlikeable.

We haven’t looked like scoring in 3 games now. Not one moment of excitement. Absolute zero creativity. Not one bit of quality. Headless chickens who might work hard and show energy but offer zero in the final third. 

Pretty much says it all.

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

All I hope is Clarke doesn't come out with the Michael Brown classic 

' every game is a cup final ' 

Someone on the texts just said that! It was a Richard not a Michael though

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

It was a much tighter game that I imagined. We just can’t create chances,   It having said that, Salford hardly rained them down on our goal either.

Robinson had a decent first half but did nothing in the 2nd. But then can anyone think of a moment when our forwards did anything? Cullen was practically playing in centre mid and Guthrie...god knows what he was doing, all over the place. 

The only real positive is that DC seems to have forced our defence to play as a tighter unit. I do doubt his ability to turn us into an attacking force however. 

G8 synopsis, we lost !!!! 😂

Advert:

It’s proved to be total madness that Clarke and Flitcroft were appointed in February, after the January transfer window, after Askey was sacked in the first week of January. All the loan signings were a complete waste of time and does Clarke rate Taylor?

Advert:

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Really?

He's played about 17 professional league games EVER.

He was the only positive spark on the pitch tonight.

Very, very very harsh. 

Literally the only half-decent attacking threat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pete vale said:

Clarke is apparently renowned for chopping and changing. It never works. I'm worried 5 games in. Original thoughts were he was full of sh*t. I do hope he proves me wrong

3 minutes ago, pete vale said:

Clarke is apparently renowned for chopping and changing. It never works. I'm worried 5 games in. Original thoughts were he was full of sh*t. I do hope he proves me wrong.    

Caught by a sucker punch for their goal with too many men up field, saw it happen a few times in the 2nd half, Vale lose the ball in their half and one ball later they're running at Vale's back 4 with our midfield the wrong side chasing back.

Starting to see why the Walsall fan(s) weren't upset about Clarke leaving and where his nickname, the "Tinkerman", came from. Tinkering with the players, tinkering with the system. if 4-3-3 suites this squad then pick the best players and play it 

Is this a case of too many cooks spoil the broth.

These are concerning times.

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Askey wants to be in The Hague facing war crimes for assembling the most useless selection of Vale players I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing. Borderline terrorism from John.

Garbage. We could genuinely get relegated here, folks. 

Understand the point but choice of analogy of the poorest taste

• Haha 1