Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Posted (edited)

To be honest for 40 mins we were ok Smith's put one wide when if he had any composure he could have put it in Hurst has put one on a plate for Conlon his shot stopped by a hand that's a penalty and a sending off but no ref bottled it and waved play on .

Then we lost GIbbins who was doing ok then Rodney's in on the right side of there box instead of Vale potentially one up the goalie releases it quickly a few passes later a cross comes in which should never have being allowed to and Henderson has the freedom of Salford head it in ,poor goal give away against a team who had a bit of quality but not lots ,then wehave given them a undeserved leg up and spend the rest of  the game trying but showing no quality whatsoever and Rodney once again in second half dominated and no where be seen .

Sad times for the Vale faithful luckily there are 3 worse teams than us ,count your blessing they all lost .

Whether that will be after last 14 games we will see .

Effort and commitment will not win games goals do and once again we have come up short again in that department so I suggest all forwards spend three extra hr each day working on there finishing .

Conlons balls in are atrocious try someone else on set pieces .

Positives if they are 4th there is hope for us yet  

Negatives quality of final ball ,miss controlling of ball and yet again a breakaway goal brought on by our own docileness 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Oh well, Carol's money. Just hope Flitcroft can get a decent squad of players together in the summer. Ain't loving his choice of manager so far I have to say.

Not filling me with confidence either.

Just now, vale victory said:

Where and what is the problem with manny ??? Any explanation for his absence????

I've found our Comms with injuries poor all season not just Manny. 

Amoo for example how long is he out for ?

Worrall apparently was having a scan , again no news 

I'm not sure about the new regime. All I get from Clarke is pre-made excuses for relegation blaming the previous set-up: 'this squad is set up for a 4-4-3' 'can't believe there's only one defensive midfielder in the squad' 'this squad is not fit' tonight we were awful, even the good players looked bad. I personally think askey was on the right track for a rebuild, but you can't lose 6 in a row. We were getting comfortable with the system and the ethos. Clarke is changing personnel and insisting on a 5-3-2 which our lads don't seem to buy into. Carol has probably spent a fortune on new manager and DoF, and she admits she knows nothing about football. Clarke and flittcroft do know about football, but do they know about Port Vale Football Club? I for one won't warm to people who spend time slagging off the previous encombants rather than getting results

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Conlon his shot stopped by a hand that's a penalty and a sending off but no ref bottled it and waved play on .

The ref wasn't great but even with VAR that is never a penalty. The player turned his back with his arm behind him and it him and was struck from 3 yards away.What is he supposed to do?

I'm not sure about the new regime. All I get from Clarke is pre-made excuses for relegation blaming the previous set-up: 'this squad is set up for a 4-4-3' 'can't believe there's only one defensive midfielder in the squad' 'this squad is not fit' tonight we were awful, even the good players looked bad. I personally think askey was on the right track for a rebuild, but you can't lose 6 in a row. We were getting comfortable with the system and the ethos. Clarke is changing personnel and insisting on a 5-3-2 which our lads don't seem to buy into. Carol has probably spent a fortune on new manager and DoF, and she admits she knows nothing about football. Clarke and flittcroft do know about football, but do they know about Port Vale Football Club? I for one won't warm to people who spend time slagging off the previous encombants rather than getting results

To me the logic is - if the squad is set up for 433 then play 433
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, MBE said:

The ref wasn't great but even with VAR that is never a penalty. The player turned his back with his arm behind him and it him and was struck from 3 yards away.What is he supposed to do?

We'd of missed probably !! 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, vale victory said:

Where and what is the problem with manny ??? Any explanation for his absence????

11 starts in our last 69 games. We can’t afford to keep him sadly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MBE said:

I want him give Vale a penalty and send there player off it was going in in my opinion .

They had one in the second half but that was going nowhere ,I'm byest to Vale very disappointed in them again the goal we conceded was a joke of a goal a goal we have being giving away all season ,they didnt do anything warrant that goal so how come he has got a free header in our box and why was the cross allowed in .

Piss poor in my opinion, have noticed that the other teams never give us a soft goal beat ourselves as usual .

Please do not tell me Rodney is a 90 minute footballer that's three games in a row second half zero impact