League 2 Relegation fight

I dread the worse if we go down. I can't see us going back straight back up either and can see us doing a Notts County/Wrexham and being stuck in the black hole known as the national league.

Financially it's gonna cripple us. I really hope the players realise what's at stake. This is massive and one of the most important season in terms of preventing any more disaster.

Thank god Carol brought the club when she did. Imagine if smurf was still the owner, we would have been done for by now. 

• Like 4

Advert:

When we go down the academy and the foundation lose the funding so there's going to be a lot of people losing their jobs plus all the good community work will be scaled down. That's without the league money dropping by 500k in the first year and then down to about 200k after that I just hope they have the money to fund it otherwise we are going bust again

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Flitcroft has been very clever by not becoming manager himself. The manager is the first to go when things are bad so C;larke would go and Flitcroft stays. Cynical view but clever move.

Yes .I do agree. 

2 hours ago, dishydave said:

When we go down the academy and the foundation lose the funding so there's going to be a lot of people losing their jobs plus all the good community work will be scaled down. That's without the league money dropping by 500k in the first year and then down to about 200k after that I just hope they have the money to fund it otherwise we are going bust again

We won't go down i would only say that if we need 4 points from the last match of the season have some faith in our team and show the support that they need.

• Like 2

Advert:

Apparently Keith Curle taking over.

Would probably suit us better as he loves a good long ball game thus by passing Bamboula as the balls flies 40 yards above his head.

He plays a completely different style to Kewell so hopefully if he has taken over by then rather than as a watching capacity then it would be better for us.

Advert:

2 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Andy Crosby as assistant manager is a good move. But it will be an expensive move if we lose league status.

2 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Andy Crosby as assistant manager is a good move. But it will be an expensive move if we lose league status.

Yes .I do agree . Come on the vale 3 points tonight. 

A bit more luck and opponents who aren't so well versed in panicked, 11 men behind the ball, parked bus, last-ditch defending in their penalty area and we would've won that easily. Hopefully we've turned a corner now - that performance week in week out would keep us up

7 minutes ago, DaneValiant said:

A bit more luck and opponents who aren't so well versed in panicked, 11 men behind the ball, parked bus, last-ditch defending in their penalty area and we would've won that easily. Hopefully we've turned a corner now - that performance week in week out would keep us up

Not so sure they are that well versed in it mate 

They have the worst defensive record in the division

34 minutes ago, DaneValiant said:

We had numerous chances. They’re defending wasn’t remotely good. We created what 10 very good chances? Just a matter of us putting the ball in the net 

Advert:

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

We had numerous chances. They’re defending wasn’t remotely good. We created what 10 very good chances? Just a matter of us putting the ball in the net 

you make your own luck, the league does not lie.(old chinese saying)😜