League 2 Relegation fight

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

I think the fact Clarke is bemoaning the lack of extra defensive midfielders speaks volumes about the way he wants to play.  Its looking like a turgid time folks 

Pretty much every team in the country defensive midfielders are pivotal in playing attacking football. One of the most important positions on the pitch to allow creative players to play there game. So to suggest him saying we are light on a defensive midfielder is indicating were going to be playing 'turgid' football you really dont have a clue what your on about. 

most successful  teams have a great defensive midfielder in there starting 11 

• Like 2

Advert:

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We could have 90 shots on goal and they could be down to 8 men and Alan Buckley would trip over his laces and head the ball into the goal from 30 yards and we’d lose 1-0 .......may have something to d

I did mate, I also described Bolton as horrific.  What I'm saying is since we beat Southend we have 2 points and they have 7 albeit from one more game. You only have to look at Fulham. Newca

Grimsby still have to play Tranmere, Salford, Cheltenham, Bradford, Bolton, Exeter and Cambridge AND still have to make 10 points up on us Barrow still have to play Cheltenham, Newport, Exeter tw

Posted Images

On 24/02/2021 at 20:29, 1 said:

This is the same Southend who people were pitying as being the worst pro team ever to play against Vale merely weeks ago, now apparently they’re going to go flying up the table based on beating a club who have lower home attendances than the amount of people who live on my street.

There’s no need to <ovf censored> a brick every time a new result comes through. Even a <ovf censored> team aren’t going to go all season without winning - but they’ll still go down.

Southend may be on a bit of a resurgence, but they and Grimsby each have GDs of -25...which needs an extra point to overtake another club. We have better GD than 5 of the 6 below us. Yes, the bottom 3 won, recently, but Colchester are still free-falling, and Mansfield have been dragged into the mix. We only need more points than 2 of these bottom 6! I'm not fussed how much we have to scrap to get them...as long as we do!

48 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Some players will play with slight knocks some won’t I think manny falls into the latter somebody who was at the club a few years ago told me Micheal Walsh would only have to stubb his toe getting out the bath the night before a game would declare himself not fit 

Hamstrings are not slight knocks you cannot play even if you would dearly love to, the lads future is at stake here and I'm sure given half a chance and a future contract he would play, at Aldershot he was virtually ever present so why would he not want to play ? 

Michael Walsh suffered from back problems, it finished his career I'm sure he would have loved another 2 or 3 seasons on a pro contract.

13 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Hamstrings are not slight knocks you cannot play even if you would dearly love to, the lads future is at stake here and I'm sure given half a chance and a future contract he would play, at Aldershot he was virtually ever present so why would he not want to play ? 

Michael Walsh suffered from back problems, it finished his career I'm sure he would have loved another 2 or 3 seasons on a pro contract.

It wasn’t his back that kept him sidelined all the time he had numerous different  niggles 

18 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

It wasn’t his back that kept him sidelined all the time he had numerous different  niggles 

Taken from wiki....

However his injury saga began not long after signing a new contract under Brian Horton in 2001[6] when Walsh underwent surgery, but by the end of the year he seemed to have recovered.[7] However, by June 2003 another operation was needed to correct a shoulder injury.[8] After this latest procedure he picked up an abdominal strain,[9] though he again slowly began to recover.[10] By November of that year he was injured again, this time because of his back, he required a series of injections and again consulted a surgeon.[11] By February 2004 he was on the road to recovery,[12] but the next month picked up a neck injury in a collision with Barnsley's Chris Shuker, meaning another operation.[13]

So not totally a back problem but shoulder, neck and back doesn't relate to stubbing his toe getting out of the bath.

I don't believe Manny or Amoo don't want to play, but that's my opinion having spoken to many pro footballers over the years, supporters don't get to see what really goes on behind the scenes and to imply they are "Sick notes" is plaintively unfair. 

• Like 2

Advert:

1 hour ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Walsh had a bad back for most of his career. Shame as he was brilliant 

6 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

I never said it didn't.

You just replied to Jacob's "Or he is just bemoaning your mates poor recruitment which led to him been sacked?" by saying "Askey didn't recruit the problems."  Which reads to me as if you are saying Askey wasn't responsible for poor recruitment.

Advert:

I liked Askey I liked the football we played under Askey I thought he would turn it around and I didn't want him gone when everyone else was screaming for his head.
But he couldn't sort it out and that was due to his poor recruitment and unfortunately he has left us with a squad that is going to struggle to keep us up. We keep saying all we need is a couple of back to back wins but when was the last time we did that.

10 hours ago, blackdog said:

Taken from wiki....

However his injury saga began not long after signing a new contract under Brian Horton in 2001[6] when Walsh underwent surgery, but by the end of the year he seemed to have recovered.[7] However, by June 2003 another operation was needed to correct a shoulder injury.[8] After this latest procedure he picked up an abdominal strain,[9] though he again slowly began to recover.[10] By November of that year he was injured again, this time because of his back, he required a series of injections and again consulted a surgeon.[11] By February 2004 he was on the road to recovery,[12] but the next month picked up a neck injury in a collision with Barnsley's Chris Shuker, meaning another operation.[13]

So not totally a back problem but shoulder, neck and back doesn't relate to stubbing his toe getting out of the bath.

I don't believe Manny or Amoo don't want to play, but that's my opinion having spoken to many pro footballers over the years, supporters don't get to see what really goes on behind the scenes and to imply they are "Sick notes" is plaintively unfair. 

I’m not saying they don’t want to play I’m saying some players will play with minor knocks and others won’t 

13 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

I think the fact Clarke is bemoaning the lack of extra defensive midfielders speaks volumes about the way he wants to play.  Its looking like a turgid time folks 

You clearly have no understanding of football do you?

When a manager comes into a team that loses every week and ships goals every week, what's the first thing someone with a brain would do? Yep, shore it up and be more solid.

Exactly what Micky Adams did when he joined.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Or maybe he’s saying that when Joyce is out that we have no other cover there. 

• Like 2

Advert:

13 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Wtf are you on about?  Do you even read what is written over various threads or are you only capable of myopic opinion?

Walsall fans told us he will make us hard to beat, which is what he is doing.  It stops the rot but in the time he was there he didn't progress them from that to anything better.  They told us it was poor to watch etc...

Now as a club, Vale have fans that constantly moan about how bad it is to watch and we have removed managers because of it (Rob Page for examlle).  Whatever the long term approach is won't work because people like you will turn on a sixpence at the first sign of a struggle.

Well we are two games in, danger of relegation, not his players etc etc.

Carol stated that she wanted a manager that played attractive football but this is something we'll have to judge next season rather than right now.

• Like 2

Having kept the bulk of the team  which finished last season strongly, and started this season well, should the current squad be performing better than it is ? Do we judge a manager when he has had a Summer clear out and its his team, which seems the way ? Or is a good manager one who can get a current poor bunch playing better ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

Wtf are you on about?  Do you even read what is written over various threads or are you only capable of myopic opinion?

Walsall fans told us he will make us hard to beat, which is what he is doing.  It stops the rot but in the time he was there he didn't progress them from that to anything better.  They told us it was poor to watch etc...

Now as a club, Vale have fans that constantly moan about how bad it is to watch and we have removed managers because of it (Rob Page for examlle).  Whatever the long term approach is won't work because people like you will turn on a sixpence at the first sign of a struggle.

Are you deluded?

When he left Walsall they were 6 points off the playoffs and had lost 6 games ALL SEASON! Walsall are a financially stricken club that resorted to cheap signings and youth players - he was doing a cracking job under the circumstances.

Walsall fans are bitter that a rival has managed to poach their manager - don't listen to their nonsense.

Speaking of nonsense - you are actually unhappy with Clarke after TWO games where we've picked up points?! There's no hope for doughnuts like you.

• Like 3