League 2 Relegation fight

3 minutes ago, mikey said:

Walsalls next 2 games are Crawley and Bolton away, and I think we have a great chance of overtaking them at some point.

Hope your right but where are we going to get a win from if we can't beat Stevenage or Oldham at home.

Advert:

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We could have 90 shots on goal and they could be down to 8 men and Alan Buckley would trip over his laces and head the ball into the goal from 30 yards and we’d lose 1-0 .......may have something to d

I did mate, I also described Bolton as horrific.  What I'm saying is since we beat Southend we have 2 points and they have 7 albeit from one more game. You only have to look at Fulham. Newca

Grimsby still have to play Tranmere, Salford, Cheltenham, Bradford, Bolton, Exeter and Cambridge AND still have to make 10 points up on us Barrow still have to play Cheltenham, Newport, Exeter tw

Posted Images

Reap what you sow, at least Barrow have got the b@lls to making a fist of it !!!! Perhaps if the vale players grew some we might have a chance to  !!!!! 

7 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I suppose this drags Walsall into it a little bit, but that was an awful result for us tonight. Barrow have two games in hand on us too.

I can't even believe I'm typing this - competing with Barrow to try and not go out of the football league. Christ things are dreadful.

Barrow have won 3 out of their last 5 games, at that rate they will be well out of it. Walsall and Colchester are more at risk of the drop.

Advert:

4 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

People saying "we only need 3 wins" to stay up.

We've won 3 in 24.

Why would we all of a sudden win 3 in 12?

Im massively concerned and think were right in the mire but I think we could easily win 3 of 12 just Southend or Grimsby.  This is the stage of the season where lots of unexpected results happen.  Villa last year could hardly win a game, then won 3 or 4 on the bounce to stay up, Barnsley and Luton way adrift with 6 games to go in the Championship and ended up staying up.  Going into the later stages, mid table teams might start to make a number of changes and are good to play, those at the top start to feel edgy.  

5 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

We've won 3 in 24.

5 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

We've won 3 in 24.

Mmmmmm 3 more wins more, but where  from !!!!! 🤔

2 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

I said 4 weeks ago I really believe Vale and Grimsby will go down.

I'm thinking this too.

My prediction is we'll drop into the bottom two for the first time on either the last or 2nd to last game.

It happened to Bristol Rovers when they went down. They were only in the bottom 2 all season for a few minutes on the very last game and they went down.

Advert:

Cant believe the pessimism because Barrow beat a very poor Walsall team.

Its still in our hands, and the results will come.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikey said:

I'll have whatever you're having!

I wish I was more optimistic. I'm honestly convinced we're going down. 

WE CAN'T WIN!

Just now, valeparklife said:

I'll have whatever you're having!

I wish I was more optimistic. I'm honestly convinced we're going down. 

WE CAN'T WIN!

We can and will win - there are at least 3 teams worse than us.

23 minutes ago, mikey said:

Ye right !!! 😂 

Advert:

25 minutes ago, mikey said:

We can and will win - there are at least 3 teams worse than us.

Barrow will finish above us. They've won 3 of their last 6 now.

Only us, Walsall and Carlisle haven't won in the last 6.

Grimsby and Southend have taken more points in the last 6 than us!

I’m afraid I see pessimism as well. The signs mirror those of our last relegation season; complete inability to score, even when tighten up defensively we end up conceding from a screamer or real bad luck, losing multiple big players at key points, lack of new manager bounce after starting the season on fire with a manager seemingly out of step with the reality of our predicament, psychology there is increasing pressure on us as we slip closer to the trap door leading to even more nervous performances etc.

I’m glad people saw positives from Oldham, but the fact remains on paper that was one of our easier games and for all our dominance we still failed to score. If we can’t score in a game like that, when will we? 

It goes without saying that I hope I’m wrong!! C’mon Vale, I want to be eating a massive of humble pie at the end of the season.

• Like 2