League 2 Relegation fight

7 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Walsall are bang in the mix now, so are Colchester. We just need that one win to catch them. With our better players back I’m confident. KTF fellow Valiants.  

Would that be the better players that have done such a fantastic job this season, I’m confused prof 🥸 Could you explain ? 

Advert:

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We could have 90 shots on goal and they could be down to 8 men and Alan Buckley would trip over his laces and head the ball into the goal from 30 yards and we’d lose 1-0 .......may have something to d

I did mate, I also described Bolton as horrific.  What I'm saying is since we beat Southend we have 2 points and they have 7 albeit from one more game. You only have to look at Fulham. Newca

Grimsby still have to play Tranmere, Salford, Cheltenham, Bradford, Bolton, Exeter and Cambridge AND still have to make 10 points up on us Barrow still have to play Cheltenham, Newport, Exeter tw

Posted Images

Who are we supposed to beat of our remaining 12 games?

Bolton (H) - won 7 of last 8. Nailed on defeat tomorrow.

Newport (H) - Pushing for promotion. Defeat.

Colchester (A) - Port Vale Benevolent Society will gift Colchester 3 points

Crawley (A) - Potentially winnable? Not really with anything to play for. Draw.

Exeter (H) - Pushing for promotion. Defeat.

Harrogate (A) - We never do well against these types of teams (small ground, players always up for it). Defeat.

Morecambe (H) - Pushing for promotion. Defeat.

Carlisle (A) - In worse form than us currently, but they'll likely have picked up by then. Draw.

Barrow (A) - See Harrogate. Defeat.

Bradford (H) - Pushing for promotion. Defeat.

Grimsby (A) - Potentially winnable. They are awful, but the Port Vale Benevolent Society might be out again. 

Mansfield (H) - Potentially winnable if they have nothing to play for and can't be bothered. 

I honestly think we won't have won a game by the time we play Grimsby. Our run in is horrific.

• Like 1

Advert:

42 minutes ago, mikey said:

We can and will win - there are at least 3 teams worse than us.

47 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I'll have whatever you're having!

I wish I was more optimistic. I'm honestly convinced we're going down. 

WE CAN'T WIN!

Lump on mate. Skybet have us at 9/1. Easy money when you're that sure

3 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Harrogate (A) - We never do well against these types of teams (small ground, players always up for it). Defeat.

Carlisle (A) - In worse form than us currently, but they'll likely have picked up by then. Draw.

Grimsby (A) - Potentially winnable. They are awful, but the Port Vale Benevolent Society might be out again. 

Mansfield (H) - Potentially winnable if they have nothing to play for and can't be bothered. 

I honestly think we won't have won a game by the time we play Grimsby. Our run in is horrific.

Blimey, I thought I was becoming pessimistic, but your post makes me look positively upbeat! I know where you're coming from but I  feel sure we'll pick up more points than the meagre crop you're predicting. At least I hope so!

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Just seen the Barrow result and checked the league table. I’m very worried as Barrow have played less games. I think I’m at the point where I’d rather not hear the next six results.

Don’t worry,  although the last 12 games will be as painful as the previous 34 the season is nearly over !!!! 😂

12 games to go, no need to panic, 36 points on offer.
We can't rely on other teams to be worse than us, we need to be better than them.
It's a simple equation - score goals, win games, pick up points.
I have every confidence, especially after Tuesday night.
Keep the faith, Up the Vale.

Advert:

On 10/03/2021 at 15:44, darren1810 said:

Worrying for me is we still have

Bolton Newport Exeter and Morecambe at home who are all in the play offs and a fast improving Bradford.

Jesus, i'm even more concerned now. 

Have you thought to look at the fixtures of the teams below and around us? It's not easy for them, either, and there's nothing to suggest they will all start to pick up points that they haven't up to yet?

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

People saying "we only need 3 wins" to stay up.

We've won 3 in 24.

Why would we all of a sudden win 3 in 12?

And you could say exactly the same about the bottom 2!

1 hour ago, rider1308 said:

Would that be the better players that have done such a fantastic job this season, I’m confused prof 🥸 Could you explain ? 

Those better players are the ones that have, largely, been out for a lot of the season, and not been able to contribute much, which is why we've been saying "If only we had Gibbo/Amoo/Monty/Manny/Pope back!"

Advert:

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

You can't say we'll automatically lose any game we're not the favourites for and become "Port Vale Benevolent Society" for games where we are the favourites

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Those better players are the ones that have, largely, been out for a lot of the season, and not been able to contribute much, which is why we've been saying "If only we had Gibbo/Amoo/Monty/Manny/Pope back!"

Get Pope back with 7 or 8 games left and keep Wozz fit then I think we'll be fine if we play as we can.  If we play as we did Tuesday v Oldham, which is unlikely because they were absolutely toss, and basically allowed us to dominate by persisting to play out from the back, we'll pick up enough points to stay up in my view.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

And you could say exactly the same about the bottom 2!

You can. However they are picking up more points than us. It’s going to be close. I think we will just about scrape through