onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

Advert

Players deserve credit for tonight but special shout out to Darrell Clarke for me.

He set us up with a game plan that saw us dominate the majority of the first half. We should've been 2 goals to the good come half time.

He then showed real tactical nouse by changing it up when Newport came out all guns blazing & things settled down when we went 442.

He then changed it again for the last 5. Took the sting out of the game & shored things up with 5 at the back.

Absolutely brilliant in game management from Clarke tonight. Deserves recognition. Brilliant stuff tonight.

UTV!

30 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Players deserve credit for tonight but special shout out to Darrell Clarke for me.

Yes definitely we all know under JA we would have just played 433 in the 1st half, played 433 2nd half, make a sub at 75 -80 mins and play 433 with a final throw of the dice with another sub at 85 mins playing 433.

Seriously though that has been a real stand out to me in the past 4 or 5 games. We have changed formation several times during games if things aren't going our way or to try and react to what the opposition trying to do.

That in game management is very noticeable and I think will serve us very well in the future.

6 minutes ago, Santa said:

I thought we did well to get our second wind tonight at a time when you started to wonder if the game was slipping away from us. 

There is always bound to be a period of pressure from a losing team of any calibre especially one in the running for promotion. But we did not cave and rose to the challenge. Not so nail biting as a lot of games this season. Tactical changes within the game made a difference. I think we will just have to go with the flow, if DC wants to keep who may play to himself and get results I am quite happy.

On 15/03/2021 at 20:29, pete vale said:

Yes, I've come across many <ovf censored> in my time sadly. Can spot em a mile off these days. DOF body language didn't look great on thet fans forum the other night. Looked a little subdued, perhaps 0 wins in 7 from his new recruit had an influence. He should have been the manager, even till end of season - no brainer.

Mad house at Vale, nothing changes. I think Clarke is in the next series of Peaky Blinders, interviewed as Liaison and Customer Satisfaction Officer 'by order of the Peaky Blinders'

Watch 42 year old Ellison sort us tomorrow

ooops!!

Well, I warmed to DC tonight. I've been sceptical of him and am firmly on the fence with him. However he was tactically astute last night. I was relieved to see 4/3/3 for the first half and it works for us. The evidence is there as we battered them. But I thought he was to stubborn to change. Let's hope he sets us up like this for more games. Our players aren't <ovf censored>. The last few games have reminded me of Aspin and Brown, constantly tinkering leading to poor performances from the boys. We thrive in 4/3/3 we are a naturally attacking team so to surpress this and set up not to lose results in poor performances. DC will have learnt alot from that first half last night and fair play to him.
His after match interview was far more humble than his norm and he actually bigged up the team. It was like he's been reading all the stuff about him and is acting on it. That takes balls and shows he isn't arrogant, he just wants the best.
I suppose its easy to pick him apart when things don't go right for the team. But his honesty and passion leaves him wide open for criticism. Few more good results and I will totally back track on him.

9 minutes ago, Rory said:

I think the last 3 games we've looked a new side and should have amassed 7 points, maybe even 9 really. 

9 minutes ago, Rory said:

I think the last 3 games we've looked a new side and should have amassed 7 points, maybe even 9 really. 

Bing Crosby?Not exactly a shrinking violet on the touchline.

One think I liked about DC last night was there was no dramatic fireworks after the win, just a calm, relieved demeaner with a focus on the players.

Complete contrast to that Loony Toon Agent Jones at Stoke.

Remember when they won their first game under him and he was going off like a pop rocket on the pitch... Rumour had it he got a 10ft version of the photo of him with his hands in the air plastered on the tunnel wall.

Brilliant. 

Archived