onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

You've been on this forum less than 2 months and all you've done is whinge.  Where were you last season?  Where were you in the first couple of months of this season when we were doing well?

Eddie Fords manner, writing style and general approach to the vale reminds me very much of everyone’s favourite banned poster REP.

Advert

6 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

I can easily make a back pass to the opposition keeper and have it go down that it’s a shot on target

If you read what i put,i said most were like back passes,my point was/is that in the last 2 games we have created plenty,my question was is it DC's fault we didn't score them?

8 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Eddie Fords manner, writing style and general approach to the vale reminds me very much of everyone’s favourite banned poster REP.

Sperm's writing style was to make excessive use of emojis and his typical approach was to be purposefully contrarian. Support Smurthwaite, slate Pope, that kind of thing. I don't think he was easily provoked, he just loved arguing so was happy to have people insult and disagree with him. He loved mocking people as well. In a word, he was a troll.

Eddie Ford is genuine, perhaps belligerent and easily provoked.

So I would say he's almost the opposite of REP. But if you're in total disagreement with someone then it can be easy to see them as a troll.

That's because Sandos did not read out my text, he read out something I did not say.  Tell me what I was reputed to have written.

Re our chances, Conlon's effort which was deflected wide and could have gone anywhere - that was from a pull back into the box the same sort of chance as they scored from.  Robinson's volley that just went past the post.  Worrall's effort early on where he nearly got to that backpass and knackered their keeper.  A poor finish by Rodney after a good build up on the right involving Worrall.  That's just the first half.  Have a look at the highlights. 

On Tuesday we had 23 shots.  Our problem is finishing, not creating chances.

Worrall also had a shot in the 2nd half that the keeper saved,well dropped on

I did send a text but Sandos decided not to read out what I'd written (which was tongue in cheek) and just make something up instead.  I take responsibility for sending a text, I take no responsibility for what he read out.

Can i just add i am not the Carl(i believe thats how he spells his,mine is different) who rings up radio stoke in fact i have never been on to talk football,i have been on to talk other <ovf censored> though

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

We had 10 shots, 4 on target.  Our finishing is crap but chances are being created - we just can't finish them.  They had 3 shots, 2 on target. 

You've been on this forum less than 2 months and all you've done is whinge.  Where were you last season?  Where were you in the first couple of months of this season when we were doing well?  In fact I think our crap form is down to your presence here putting a curse on us - clear as day!!

Problem is that I can't recall any of those attempts on goal had me thinking in expectant anticipation "goaaal"  We don't  seem to be able to ever get near enough or have the creative quality to produce a 6 yard tap in, so it could be argued that even a proven goal scorer would struggle in this team. 

23 minutes ago, Old fort said:

Problem is that I can't recall any of those attempts on goal had me thinking in expectant anticipation "goaaal"  We don't  seem to be able to ever get near enough or have the creative quality to produce a 6 yard tap in, so it could be argued that even a proven goal scorer would struggle in this team. 

Surely you must remember the effort from Joyce, if only for the scarcity of such an event.

1 hour ago, Old fort said:

We don't get in the box. We don't win pens. We don't get free kicks on the edge of the box. OK that's a bit exaggerated. But that is what we have to a lot more. 

We don't get in the box. We don't win pens. We don't get free kicks on the edge of the box. OK that's a bit exaggerated. But that is what we have to a lot more. 
Nonsense.

We've had 33 shots in the last 2 games. We've faced 10 against us. That would suggest the team is set up well to create chances. Hardly Clarke's fault if the non-league forwards he didn't sign can't finish any off.

I'm the most pessimistic fan on here, convinced we're getting relegated, but signs of improvement are there.

Those stats and Devante’s record over the season (they all score in bursts and have barren periods) suggest we need a bit of luck. I do think luck plays a part and there’s that old cliche about making your own luck but I think we’re going the right way about making it. When we do score of some wicked deflection or off someone’s bottom, can we still all give due credit the team and scorers because we’ve definitely conceded a few like that.

Archived