onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

17 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Nonsense.

We've had 33 shots in the last 2 games. We've faced 10 against us. That would suggest the team is set up well to create chances. Hardly Clarke's fault if the non-league forwards he didn't sign can't finish any off.

Exactly. If we stay up, he gets rid of the deadwood, signs his own strikers and they are just as toss, then we can moan. Clarke seems like the kind of guy who would say “yes I thought they’d be good but they’re <ovf censored> and that’s on me.” He’s not going to do that now because he’s just trying to polish what he’s been left with through non-league recruitment. Why Vale think they can take a player who’s been <ovf censored> / injured / falling through the leagues and make them into a useful player when no others teams could is a mystery.

Advert

5 hours ago, eh up nah said:

I don't remember shouting "penalty" at the TV screen much over the last few months.

In fact, not once.

Might look ldifferent in the ground, I don't know.

However positive you wish to be, vale are an absolute shambles. 

Rodney having his shirt pulled back by their defender when he was attempting to get to a far post flick on in the Oldham game. That’s the most recent. 

8 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I wish I hadn't started watching that video of Dave Flitcroft which has recently been put up by the Sentinel. Carol looks really fed up and is more interested in her coffee being made correctly than what DF is saying. The signs aren't good for our future.

Okay I've found the video now.

I wouldn't blame her for falling asleep hearing Dave chunter on like that. Quite droning and boring, not saying anything of interest.

But that's almost what you need behind the scenes in an operations management kind of role. Sorting out management, training facilities, player development, scouting, working relationships. It's boring stuff! When it's done right it is quite boring. Hearing Smurthwaite talking was interesting because he was a disaster. So Flitcroft boring the arse off everyone was quite reassuring in a way. I notice The Sentinel took the video but didn't transcribe it. Probably because the reporter kept falling asleep watching the video back.

I tried to listen to the part where Dave was asked would he be signing the players in the summer or would it be Clarke? Dave said it would be based on a matrix. So I guess Keanu Reeves or Agent Smith or someone will be doing the recruitment. Just as long as it's not Askey and we should be alright.

Based on a matrix? <ovf censored> me so no-ones going to be taking responsibility for the signings then as well as now.

ask the players, which <ovf censored> called you up then thrust the paper in front of you duck?

48 minutes ago, 1 said:

Based on a matrix? <ovf censored> me so no-ones going to be taking responsibility for the signings then as well as now.

ask the players, which <ovf censored> called you up then thrust the paper in front of you duck?

We have a DoF and a First Team Manager it will be unlikely if a player is signed who they don`t  both agree on for the first team, development players may be different.  Money is likely to be part of the matrix also.  The responsibility will be a joint one, no individual would be to blame but everyone can take the credit.

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

I tried to listen to the part where Dave was asked would he be signing the players in the summer or would it be Clarke? Dave said it would be based on a matrix. So I guess Keanu Reeves or Agent Smith or someone will be doing the recruitment. Just as long as it's not Askey and we should be alright.

Didn't say it at the time but I was rolling my eyes at some of the buzzwords Flitcroft was throwing out in his first interview. 

'Building a matrix' with the  'physical, psychological, technical, and tactical' plan was the worst. It's something David Brent would say. You can imagine him biting his lip and meshing his fingers together as he talks about his 'recruitment matrix'.

It'll have no indication on whether he's any good at being a DoF but the guy is an expert talker/bullsh!tter. Hope he brings it with him to the negotiating table.

20 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Nonsense.

We've had 33 shots in the last 2 games. We've faced 10 against us. That would suggest the team is set up well to create chances. Hardly Clarke's fault if the non-league forwards he didn't sign can't finish any off.

I'm the most pessimistic fan on here, convinced we're getting relegated, but signs of improvement are there.

You're a long way from being the most pessimistic on here!

38 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

We have a DoF and a First Team Manager it will be unlikely if a player is signed who they don`t  both agree on for the first team, development players may be different.  Money is likely to be part of the matrix also.  The responsibility will be a joint one, no individual would be to blame but everyone can take the credit.

Yeah it's basically management speak to say it will be a group thing rather than the manager or director of football who will be making the final decision.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Didn't say it at the time but I was rolling my eyes at some of the buzzwords Flitcroft was throwing out in his first interview. 

'Building a matrix' with the  'physical, psychological, technical, and tactical' plan was the worst. It's something David Brent would say. You can imagine him biting his lip and meshing his fingers together as he talks about his 'recruitment matrix'.

It'll have no indication on whether he's any good at being a DoF but the guy is an expert talker/bullsh!tter. Hope he brings it with him to the negotiating table.

Top talker. Goes in for a job to be manager. Comes out DOF when the interviewers didn’t even want one!!!! Done them over big time

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Rodney having his shirt pulled back by their defender when he was attempting to get to a far post flick on in the Oldham game. That’s the most recent. 

It's also desperate.

Which we are, granted.

Stuff like that happens every game, for every team.

I'm positive that we are not where we are in the league, not on the run we're on, because of trivial things like that.

We're where we are because, on the pitch, this is the worst shape Vale have been in for at least 32 years.  I can't comment much on what happened before then as that's when I started going, aged 8.

I never, ever, thought I'd see a worse team than the one Sinnott and Glover concocted under the MOLD regime.

Well, I have now.

1 minute ago, eh up nah said:

It's also desperate.

Which we are, granted.

Stuff like that happens every game, for every team.

I'm positive that we are not where we are in the league, not on the run we're on, because if trivial things like that.

We're where we are because, on the pitch, this is the worst shape Vale have been in for at least 32 years.  I can't comment much on what happened before then as that's when I started going, aged 8.

I never, ever, thought I'd see a wore team than the one one Sinnott and Glover concocted under the MOLD regime.

Well, I have now.

Agree. Worst Vale side of my lifetime and, whilst the standard of refereeing is unquestionably poor, it's no different than it has been for the last 5 years and everyone has to deal with it. 

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Agree. Worst Vale side of my lifetime and, whilst the standard of refereeing is unquestionably poor, it's no different than it has been for the last 5 years and everyone has to deal with it. 

I honestly cannot remember screaming for penalty for a good few months now.

The officiating in league two is frustrating as hell.

But it kind of comes with the territory.

It is the lowest level of the professional game in this country.

24 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

I honestly cannot remember screaming for penalty for a good few months now.

The officiating in league two is frustrating as hell.

But it kind of comes with the territory.

It is the lowest level of the professional game in this country.

The refs in the Premier League are not much better. It’s like a circus. 

Archived