Advert:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As it looks likely to be the end of his caretaker reign today a huge thank you is due to Danny!! To take a team consistently sh*tting the bed and get results where they were expected (Grimsby and

My view wouldnt have altered at all, Danny Pugh has stepped up to the plate in very trying circumstances and performed admirably. Carol and the club are lucky to have him in my opinion and I cert

Pugh has been the constant during the reign of both Aspin and Askey. I struggle to understand why anyone would think he’d suddenly developed the skills to be a league standard manager. His experience

Advert:

shows how short sighted some are, Pugh has done a very good job and managed the side well, his use of subs has been sensible and the players have responded, and yet some on here were apoplectic at the thought of him being any where near the team and said if he got the job it would prove the club had no ambition.

• Like 4

Can’t argue with the games he’s actually been in charge, taking training and being there on a matchday, 2 wins and a decent away draw from 3 games.

well done Danny Pugh.

• Like 1

DP’s has encountered a few issues. Team out of form, deregistering of players, COVID, settling new people into his team and thinking, absent from the ground for a spell. Press conferences and searching questions.

He’s done well and helped steady the ship with a smile. Well done Danny!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andyregs said:

Would peoples view on his managerial prospects have altered after today? 

My view wouldnt have altered at all, Danny Pugh has stepped up to the plate in very trying circumstances and performed admirably.

Carol and the club are lucky to have him in my opinion and I certainly think that many of his detractors should hang there heads in shame.

Cheers Danny, I certainly hope we haven't seen the last of you.

• Like 7

Advert:

5 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Thanks for stepping up and taking on the role of manager while a new manager was being sort.  Hope the new manager keeps you on. 

Carol will keep him on in some role,as he's one for the future ☺

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

The Danny P situation unfortunately showed the unfortunate side of this forum ... people venting angrily that he wasn’t good enough and shouldn’t be manager. All while he got on with the thankless task full in the knowledge he didn’t even want to do it.

His record reads

P4 W2 D1 L1 

Thank you Danny!

Agree with this - has acted with much more dignity than many of us have. Seems to be sincere and grounded. I've no doubt working with a new manager with different ideas can only benefit him. Maybe, in 4 - 5 years, he will be ready to go solo...in which case I would wish him all the best! 

Did help playing two none league bound sides in that time to be fair. I think even us under Askey would have beat Grimsby and Southend pretty convincingly. But he's done his job and seems to be well liked at the club, so I'm sure he can stay on as a coach under the new gaffer.

Don't know why people keep mentioning the point away to FGR though like it was some amazing feat. We were absolutely rotten performance wise and stole a result.

Edited by TylerB
  • Like 1

Advert:

28 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Did help playing two none league bound sides in that time to be fair. I think even us under Askey would have beat Grimsby and Southend pretty convincingly. But he's done his job and seems to be well liked at the club, so I'm sure he can stay on as a coach under the new gaffer.

Don't know why people keep mentioning the point away to FGR though like it was some amazing feat. We were absolutely rotten performance wise and stole a result.

You have deep deep issues lad 😂😂

41 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I don’t get this. If we pinch a point in a game like that we are crap. If some team like Scunthorpe or Orient rob us it’s also because we’re crap??

• Like 4