onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Thank you Danny Pugh

Iron Curtain

Advert

9 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Can you point to someone on this thread who has genuinely acted like he is league 2 manager of the year?

It’s a thread of people saying thank you and saying he has done what was asked and worked his arse off for the club. 

This feels like another over reaction.

He's done the job expected, nothing more, nothing less. He should see it as an honour that he has got to manage the side for a bunch of games. It's like being a crew member at McDonalds and then suddenly being made store manager for a couple of weeks. It's a privilege for Danny Pugh if anything.

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Imo he would jump at the opportunity now if offered but i would hope it would allow him to bring his own assistant in

That would be a very quick turn around from 'not being interested, isn't ready, and hasn't applied' from about 4 days ago.

4 minutes ago, Joe B said:

That would be a very quick turn around from 'not being interested, isn't ready, and hasn't applied' from about 4 days ago.

Last i heard was he said he will carry on and see where it takes him,i know when he first took over he said he wasn't after it but i think it has now whetted his apatite,wasn't he a bit cagy when asked lately? did he say in interview what you say above after the southend game? as i didn't hear him,i know the papers have been quoting old quotes of his,i will stand by what i put though i think he would jump at it if offered(he has never actually been offered it all as yet,so might be another reason he says he isn't interested). He hadn't applied though but i think now he has done 5 or 6 games then who knows

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Last i heard was he said he will carry on and see where it takes him,i know when he first took over he said he wasn't after it but i think it has now whetted his apatite,wasn't he a bit cagy when asked lately? did he say in interview what you say above after the southend game? as i didn't hear him,i know the papers have been quoting old quotes of his,i will stand by what i put though i think he would jump at it if offered(he has never actually been offered it all as yet,so might be another reason he says he isn't interested). He hadn't applied though but i think now he has done 5 or 6 games then who knows

Carol has explicitly said he hasn't applied as he doesn't want the job, as he doesn't think he's ready.

That was Thursday last week, I think.

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2021/01/danny-pugh-out-of-running-for-permanent-port-vale-manager-role/

Shanahan confirmed to the Sentinel newspaper that the club has a short-list of managerial contenders as they look to recruit a new man before the end of the season.

However, speaking to BBC Radio Stoke, Shanahan confirmed that Pugh was not on the short-list. She told the radio station: “He’s ambitious but also sensible – he doesn’t want to take two steps forward until it’s right.

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

He's done the job expected, nothing more, nothing less. He should see it as an honour that he has got to manage the side for a bunch of games. It's like being a crew member at McDonalds and then suddenly being made store manager for a couple of weeks. It's a privilege for Danny Pugh if anything.

That wasn’t my questions... you said “people are acting like he is league 2 manager of the year”... I’m wondering if you can point to some examples because I can’t find any.

Or are you making things up again? 

Seeing as the window is shut, we've been okay when Pugh has been around, baring a miracle run we are not going up, and baring a nightmare run we are not going down, I see no reason not to stick with Pugh until the end of the season. And see how it goes.

11 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

That wasn’t my questions... you said “people are acting like he is league 2 manager of the year”... I’m wondering if you can point to some examples because I can’t find any.

Or are you making things up again? 

At least know you finally acknowledge that I did indeed make it up. Had you actually not conveniently skipped over the post I made soon after saying so, you could have saved yourself a fair bit of time, and my time also, and the need for a bit of profile stalking today.

Archived