Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Advert:

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wrote this one off last week as I expected not a lot from this game so to go a goal down and show some character In keeping them out and going on to score a late equaliser shows some grit and determ

Sorry mate but I can’t believe what you’re saying. You say you’re right every single time, well in my opinion you are absolutely wrong in your view of today’s game. Our defence today was ten times bet

Hurst is not the problem and massively unfair to single him out

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

smiths always been a non league defender carried by legge until this season which has showed up his shortcomings.

Eh up, it’s Smiths turn now.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Maybe I am on my own but for me I think Fitzpatrick does a steady job and I feel much calmer with him there than Monty or Crookes.  I am a fan of Monty but playing left wing and if fit next week get him on the wing and hopefully Worrall on the right.

Pretty much sums it up for me too.

• Like 2

Advert:

smiths always been a non league defender carried by legge until this season which has showed up his shortcomings.
Who carried him in his first season?
  • Like 1

How many teams have come to VP and done that to us? I was sat watching with an air of expectation......a run of the mill win for FGR especially after they went 1-0 up. Why, oh why did Browny not come and clear everyone out, us and them, to get a punch on that free kick? If they score and there's a couple of bodies scattered about so be it....that 6 yard box is his...full stop.

We then hung in and you could see us nicking one, except we're Vale and we don't do that and then, "Boom", Rodders, I thank you. I'll take a point on that performance all day BUT why do other teams look so much more comfortable with the ball in the opposition half than we do? The commentators said the main diference was the sense of purpose when attacking. I can only presume when we are playing tip tap in and around the half way line there is no movement up front? I think when JT gets up to speed he will be going past the forwards, which no-one did today. Tom Conlon worked hard but wasn't far enough up the pitch to do any damage. Amoo is like carrying an extra man at the moment.....pass it back, square or lose it and then clumsily foul someone seems to be his modus operandi...he is woefully short of confidence.

Still, a points a point that we would not have got during the last part of Askey's reign. 

With a full squad selection will be interesting because I quite fancy seeing Guthrie on the end of some of the crosses Wozza and Hursty ping in.

Did I see Jake come off clutching his groin towards the end.....I hope that's a precaution and not a full blown injury?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Would still be happier with two up front and only 1 wide. Three in middle inc. Conlon and Taylor will give us the extra forward player when we break.

Not sure but i would expect us to set up more positive at home and aim to frustrate teams away from home(and some fans it would seem as well 🙂 )

21 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Anyone else think we looked much better up front with Guthrie? Ball seemed to stick at the end with more regularity than it did prior.

We were that poor in that area before that it's not saying much, but he roughed a few of their lads up and accusations of laziness from other clubs seem misguided. Rans the channels willingly, seemed to win every header he challenged for, provided a lovely chest down and a delicious turn on our right. I accept he's been on 30 minute and it's overly analytical, but as someone who was presented by Bantams as lazy/sulky/ineffectual, I was pleasantly surprised by what he seemed to offer.

Hope he can settle in and grab a goal as there was enough from him today to suggest something weird happened at Bradford. At worst, he seemed a willing runner with the physical traits to distract defenders.

I thought that he looked decent.  It will be interesting to see how things go once he has had a little more time with the squad.

I've learned to take fans views with a pinch of salt.  I remember Constantine being lambasted for being lazy, while he was breaking goal scoring records, at the Vale.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Rodney has 5 goals and 2 assists in his last 12 starts.

7 goals and 3 assists from 22 games this season.

Good, that. I really like him. Grafts even when nothing falls to him, and has a proper knack for finishing. Maybe Askey was a transfer magician after all. 

He will leave us at some point for money and thats why we gave him a 3yr deal,i still remember how many on here were saying we had got ourselves a donkey after a few games,i like him i do

Advert:

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

He will leave us at some point for money and thats why we gave him a 3yr deal,i still remember how many on here were saying we had got ourselves a donkey after a few games,i like him i do

I had a debate on here with someone who called him a donkey last week. 

• Like 1

Off at a bit of a tangent but listening to joe Royle today talking about wayne Rooney saying that as Derby manager he should not being part of the mates brigade in the dressing room !!!!!  Therefore still  feel a new manager is needed who can come in with no affinity to any of the players and can assess what is needed to get us out of this mess. As it sounds from comments on today’s game, overall we’re a dog <ovf censored> team, who can only scrounge a point and very occ 3 when the other side is having a bad day !!!!! 

• Like 1

Smith had a decent game against the man monster their 14, so did Brisley. The goal came from an unnecessary free kick and Rodders ball watching. Not knocking Rodders at all, he dug us out of a hole. Decent result for us.  Enjoy.

• Like 3

Advert:

44 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

the performance was as bad as mansfield. we got lucky today. i wont back down over this and since the michael brown shambles ive been right EVERY SINGLE TIME. we need a new experienced manager. pugh will take us down. im not going to repeat myself again over this.

God, you are a bore.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1