onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

7 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I'd go for Crookes personally. We have two left backs, and a CB would make it four CBs excluding him. He's never going to start in regular circumstances and he just doesn't seem to be improving at all.

In theory Crookes should be our CB. He can pass, has a bit of pace and is tall however he's too lightweight and lacking aggression to be anything other than a squad player for cover. What I would say though is he gives us an option to play 3 at the back if needed. You could never play as 3 with Legge or Brisley.

Advert

19 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Rodney has 5 goals and 2 assists in his last 12 starts.

7 goals and 3 assists from 22 games this season.

Good, that. I really like him. Grafts even when nothing falls to him, and has a proper knack for finishing. Maybe Askey was a transfer magician after all. 

The frustrating thing is that, good as those stats are, I've seen him snatch at a few easy chances or shoot when a lay off might have been a better option.  This is in recent games.  I guess the upside is that this is something that we can develop, as the key attributes seem to the there.

Still all in all a good start to his Vale career.

I think that’s a great point today

Our biggest problem is ball retention, we just can’t keep the ball . Joyce gives the ball away a lot and I think he’s having a poor season
The full backs still worry me and we need better for next season
Jake Taylor will only get better and so will Conlon both have great potential
Manny I’m afraid we have to let go in the summer it’s a shame but there is no point delaying the inevitable

Guthrie certainly put himself about and i hope he has a point to prove

2 hours ago, ItsPricey said:

We need an experienced manager asap. 

Yes because they are guaranteed to do a lot better than 4 points out of 6

I wanted that originally until people went on about Holloway wow,my shout was for Adams at Morecambe but i realise we will be going with Pugh so why as fans cant we back him,imo we have improved under and did ok in the end against one of the best footballing sides in the division

I thought he player well today. He covered a lot of ground filling in spaces, closing players down.
Fair enough, I obviously saw it differently. For me, being able to successfully pass a ball forwards more than 2 yards is a must for any midfielder, no matter how defensive he is. His passing is absolutely shocking. Must admit he did play a lovely through ball for their striker though

Just now, Quebec_Valiant said:

The frustrating thing is that, good as those stats are, I've seen him snatch at a few easy chances or shoot when a lay off might have been a better option.  This is in recent games.  I guess the upside is that this is something that we can develop, as the key attributes seem to the there.

Still all in all a good start to his Vale career.

Yeah he's got a long way to go, but to be hitting the target with such regularity whilst still being so technically inefficient is promising.

The lad struggles to trap a ball and his decision making can let him down, and yet he's still on target for 12-15 goals and 5+ assists. I hope we have the coaches in place to round his game out, as he has some excellent traits (workrate, finishing, pace).

In theory Crookes should be our CB. He can pass, has a bit of pace and is tall however he's too lightweight and lacking aggression to be anything other than a squad player for cover. What I would say though is he gives us an option to play 3 at the back if needed. You could never play as 3 with Legge or Brisley.

When have you seen crookes pass? Is it on some archived footage somewhere?

1 minute ago, philmpv said:

Must admit he did play a lovely through ball for their striker though emoji16.png

It was his first through ball of the season.😂

What I liked about him today he did try to get on the ball when needed to try and get us on the ball.Doesn't matter how good or bad he plays he is never afraid to try and get on the ball. I don't think there are too many players in our team with that attitude.

happy clapper post. next.

Go and support Man City if you want free flowing football home and away wiping the floor with everyone.

It doesn’t happen at clubs at the level of Vale so to go away to a side that was 15 minutes from top of the league and get a point which we deserved is decent enough, content is the best word for it.

It was miles better than Mansfield/Barrow.

The ones we need to win are the ones coming up. Walsall H Scunthorpe A Southend H.

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Yes because they are guaranteed to do a lot better than 4 points out of 6

I wanted that originally until people went on about Holloway wow,my shout was for Adams at Morecambe but i realise we will be going with Pugh so why as fans cant we back him,imo we have improved under and did ok in the end against one of the best footballing sides in the division

An experienced manager like Hurst at Grimsby who has lost 2 and drawn today in the battle of the bottom 2 ?

Anyone else think we looked much better up front with Guthrie? Ball seemed to stick at the end with more regularity than it did prior.

We were that poor in that area before that it's not saying much, but he roughed a few of their lads up and accusations of laziness from other clubs seem misguided. Rans the channels willingly, seemed to win every header he challenged for, provided a lovely chest down and a delicious turn on our right. I accept he's been on 30 minute and it's overly analytical, but as someone who was presented by Bantams as lazy/sulky/ineffectual, I was pleasantly surprised by what he seemed to offer.

Hope he can settle in and grab a goal as there was enough from him today to suggest something weird happened at Bradford. At worst, he seemed a willing runner with the physical traits to distract defenders.

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:

When have you seen crookes pass? Is it on some archived footage somewhere?

When he was playing at LB at the beginning of last season before he got injured he played some good diagonal balls. Not seen much from his since.

Archived