Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Advert:

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wrote this one off last week as I expected not a lot from this game so to go a goal down and show some character In keeping them out and going on to score a late equaliser shows some grit and determ

Sorry mate but I can’t believe what you’re saying. You say you’re right every single time, well in my opinion you are absolutely wrong in your view of today’s game. Our defence today was ten times bet

Hurst is not the problem and massively unfair to single him out

Posted Images

5 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I agree here but one thing did concern me. 

Did anyone else hear the FGR commentary say that their keeper asked if he could pick the ball up off that back pass / non back pass .

Surely that's not allowed as the ref let's the keeper decide that for himself otherwise it's rather biased to FGR. 

Just something I picked up on which was rather astonishing but yes you are right he was anonymous which is a good trait in a referee 

I believe the goal keeper is allowed to ask for clarification, just the same as if Brown asked the ref. Would only be biased if the ref did not say anything when the other goal keeper asks.

52 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

I believe the goal keeper is allowed to ask for clarification, just the same as if Brown asked the ref. Would only be biased if the ref did not say anything when the other goal keeper asks.

They say you learn something new every day. I find that quite strange. Surely the onus is on the players to know the rules.

For example I wouldn't expect a Snooker referee to intervene, in fact the other week a player potted two reds in succession as he had a mad moment and the ref didn't say that he ought to be playing a colour. He let him pot the 2nd red and called the foul. 

I think bias was definitely the wrong word to be used by me but even though a few of you have pointed out what happens it doesn't affect my opinion that the onus is on the Keeper rather than the ref 

They say you learn something new every day. I find that quite strange. Surely the onus is on the players to know the rules.
For example I wouldn't expect a Snooker referee to intervene, in fact the other week a player potted two reds in succession as he had a mad moment and the ref didn't say that he ought to be playing a colour. He let him pot the 2nd red and called the foul. 
I think bias was definitely the wrong word to be used by me but even though a few of you have pointed out what happens it doesn't affect my opinion that the onus is on the Keeper rather than the ref 
Football is not so clear cut as snooker, the referee's opinion on how the rule applies is final in L2.

Advert:

Find it incredible on here when we all support the same team and want the same thing that people resort to personal and derogatory insults.

You get dragged into it and it's difficult not to respond sometimes, I'm no Saint in that respect 

But good grief some of the comments are pure crass towards fellow fans 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Are you still rambling, little man?

Good luck with the tiny penis.

I’m inclined to ask how you know the size of his penis, Tyler, but I’ll understand if you want to keep it secret. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 16/01/2021 at 11:15, Breadwinner said:

That's him kurtis gooooarrrmnnn lad deliver like I used do when I was a milkman UTV 

I'll take a draw at FGR all day, everyday. I say well done Vale. Love the post Breadwinner, didn't realise you were a milkman. I bet your old customers still miss you, and there'll be a good few that will sit up in bed in the early hours, wondering if they've just heard the trees a' rustling, or the hinges on the gate, or Breadwinner's gold tops a'rattling in their crate

They won't forget old Breadwinner, and he drove the fastest Milkfloat in the West Midland's. 

Love the cheery posts mate. Keep 'em coming. UTV

• Like 5

I would say the situation is more like a snooker player asking if the balls are touching before making their shot.

The game was "Ugly" 'cause Vale cancelled them and they cancelled us. The difference between the two teams was the delivery from set pieces and out wide by their left winger Cadden. His delivery for their goal was nigh on perfect.

I'll take an ugly win or an ugly point won any day, particularly against a team in the top 3. I hope Pugh or who ever becomes manager employs the strategy of making Vale difficult to beat away from home, it's part and parcel of how Vale will achieve promotion.

• Like 5

Advert:

18 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

But we could have won4-1 against them at Vale. And we could have run up double figures against Orient. And Scunny could have been buried. Daft thing to say. It didn’t happen and we got a deserved point for defending well and taking our chance. 

Stop with the lectures. You’re not a teacher anymore, and I’m not your pupil . You always come across as pompous to the point of annoyance . Certain people as kiss your backside on here, just because you think you know more about football than you do. No matter what people post on here, they’re always wrong and you’re always right. Quite honestly, it’s old, it’s outdated and it’s <ovf censored>. People can think what they want , but I don’t give a <ovf censored>. 

Edited by Houston Valiant
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Davo666 said:

Houston Valient .....nearly wet myself laughing,great post !! emoji23.png

Even if the post was right (it's not), I fail to see any vague attempt at humour. Just some Yank screaming 'he don't give a frick' at a lady hundreds of miles away.

Low bar for humour, Davo. Have you heard the one about the chicken and the road? I think you'll love it.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

Stop with the lectures. You’re not a teacher anymore, and I’m not your pupil . You always come across as pompous to the point of annoyance . Certain people as kiss your backside on here, just because you think you know more about football than you do. No matter what people post on here, they’re always wrong and you’re always right. Quite honestly, it’s old, it’s outdated and it’s <ovf censored>. People can think what they want , but I don’t give a <ovf censored>. 

What a meltdown. Had a howler, mate. She only called you daft.

Edited by Joe B

"Quite honestly, it’s old, it’s outdated and it’s <ovf censored>. People can think what they want , but I don’t give a <ovf censored>." is one of the funniest lines this forum has ever seen.

The lad is flipping the bird at his computer monitor.

Edited by Joe B

Advert:

7 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

Still crying that your mate lost his election, Tony?

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Still crying that your mate lost his election, Tony?

It's Tone's mate. As an immigrant himself he'd do well to google what the 'know nothing movement' was about.