Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

1 hour ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

the performance was as bad as mansfield. we got lucky today. i wont back down over this and since the michael brown shambles ive been right EVERY SINGLE TIME. we need a new experienced manager. pugh will take us down. im not going to repeat myself again over this.

Come on be honest this has got to be a parody account on a wind up? Right every single time 🤣 priceless.

• Like 5

Advert:

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wrote this one off last week as I expected not a lot from this game so to go a goal down and show some character In keeping them out and going on to score a late equaliser shows some grit and determ

Sorry mate but I can’t believe what you’re saying. You say you’re right every single time, well in my opinion you are absolutely wrong in your view of today’s game. Our defence today was ten times bet

Hurst is not the problem and massively unfair to single him out

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Sentinel gives Brown 6 out of 10.  Sorry Baggers, you're wrong.  He should have had 10.

Really? I thought he had very little to do, apart from two things; an unconvincing save which Matt should have buried the rebound, and the heartstopping flap at the weird cross that hit the bar? Or something like that.

I think 6 is fine. FGR had very little which tested Brown. I can't remember thinking he'd done anything above expected.

I don't think many were above 6 today; Conlon and Rodney a 7, Mills a 5, rest a 6. Was a steady performance lacking in quality which is to be expected. Point is decent.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Really? I thought he had very little to do, apart from two things; an unconvincing save which Matt should have buried the rebound, and the heartstopping flap at the weird cross that hit the bar? Or something like that.

I think 6 is fine. FGR had very little which tested Brown. I can't remember thinking he'd done anything above expected.

I don't think many were above 6 today; Conlon and Rodney a 7, Mills a 5, rest a 6. Was a steady performance lacking in quality which is to be expected. Point is decent.

Sorry, Joe.  That was a tongue in cheek response to RayWalkersBarmyCousin or whatever he's called.  I agree with you entirely but he's never wrong you know.

• Like 1

Although it wasnt the best performance there are a lot of positives to take. 

the rot has definitely been stopped two weeks ago we would have lost that game 

weve taken 4 points from two games 

we look a lot more solid in defence they had half chances at best 

i thought that guthrie looked decent when came on 

its goinf to take time to turn us around in terms of going forward but if a new manager had come in and taken 4 points from two games we would of all been buzzing about them. If we win our next game things are looking up

Edited by Vale1995
  • Like 3

Advert:

For me, a uneasy, dare I say slow start with FGR on the front foot. We didn’t’t keep the ball well but defended quite well. Smudge and Brisley looking solid overall. A few nice touches from Jake but Amoo still frustrates me with his lack of decision making. Rodney can’t play the lone striker and Hurst was ineffective. We got to half time against the ropes but still in it.

Second half improvement and Conlon was attempting to pass the ball. Futz steady and didn’t give the ball away.

Game changed with Guthrie on which helped Rodders as he moved outside and scored an excellent goal.

We ground out a draw against a top three team. Well done Vale especially as we had so many players out of the team.

• Like 1

Just been watching Ross County v Aberdeen on BBC Alba after watching the FGR v Vale game earlier today 

Adam's Park [Ross's ground] looks so much bigger than FGR's ground

Having been to Adam's Park, I know that it's a pretty much average sized ground as football stadia go

So was it the strange camera angle at FGR's ground creating some minimizing effect, or is it in fact a postage-stamp of a ground?

It did often seem like a basketball game, especially with FGR's generally basketball sized players

Points-with-Bone

Just been watching Ross County v Aberdeen on BBC Alba after watching the FGR v Vale game earlier today 
Having been to Adam's Park, I know that it's a pretty much average sized ground as football stadia go
So was it the strange camera angle at FGR's ground creating some minimizing effect, or is it in fact a postage-stamp of a ground?
It did often seem like a basketball game, especially with FGR's generally basketball sized players
Points-with-Bone

Went a few seasons back, it’s a nice little set up but literally in the middle of nowhere... I was driving past a farm down a dirt track and my sat nav said it was 100 yards away... and there it was.

Open Terrace down the side the camera is sat which was the away end. The main stand opposite is alright, new facility and has a bar and food facilities you can go in before the game (vegan).

They are building a new Eco Stadium though that looks like wood.

It’s similar to say Burton but without the roof on a couple of stands!

5 minutes ago, points-with-bone said:

Points-with-Bone

Yes it’s a small ground, capacity around 5,000 at a guess.

Advert:

35 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Sorry, Joe.  That was a tongue in cheek response to RayWalkersBarmyCousin or whatever he's called.  I agree with you entirely but he's never wrong you know.

laughable comment. just shows you havent got a clue. the moment you start calling names you lose the argument.

My biggest gripe is how uncomfortable we look in possession. Quite a lot of opposing teams this season have looked technically better and more creative than us, from defence to attack.

Personally I think that this stems from our back five. Brown, Mills, Legge, Smith and Brisley are too happy to wack the ball upfront or stick it in an area to get us out. I’ll give Fitz and Montano some credit as they do try and find a pass and get the ball down. All this leads to is the ball coming straight back and us failing to gain a foothold in the game. Last season Joyce was getting on the ball a lot more and starting attacks himself.

Edited by SuperHuman
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

laughable comment. just shows you havent got a clue. the moment you start calling names you lose the argument.

Come on, no need to be so rude,we all love the same club.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Ahhh my bad Jean.

• Like 1

My text to my mate just before halftime."Hurst off Guthrie on Rodney wide or moving into middle on occasions.Pugh left it a bit late as Askey did,so my  next text"just filling in my application form to  Carol" Rodney never won the ball in the air and we kept hitting long balls.Guthrie won headers and flick ons immediately.We may even have won the game if he'd subbed at half time!

Advert:

30 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

not pugh because its just a continuation of the askey dross

Ok if not Pugh who then and why? I have said many times who my preferred choice was but am ok with Pugh for now

8 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

I wrote this one off last week as I expected not a lot from this game so to go a goal down and show some character In keeping them out and going on to score a late equaliser shows some grit and determination in the team under Pugh. We’re far from a finished side and a bit off in terms of a play offs side for me, but for the little time Pughs been in control we’ve got four points and put some work in and got the results. Guthrie will improve us no end up top and we know what Taylor adds in goals and energy. 

experienced managers may work or  may not it really is as simple as that. What’s saying Danny won’t work? We don’t know. None of us do. 

I’ll get behind him if he’s in the dugout and I just hope that the players continue to fight and work hard and come together and finish the second half of the season better, and then it may be up to Danny Pugh to go out and recruit well and that’s where we will ultimately judge him. For now I’m just happy for the second Saturday running it’s not been ruined and I can enjoy my lager tonight. 

now on to a couple of games where we can get the team prepared for whatever formation he wants to go with and get a few more wins. 

Really good and sensible post that is

• Like 2