Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

34 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

So frustrating!@@@ had enough chances tonight to win 3 games. We desperately need a striker, but the most disappointing thing is, another long ball over the top and bang an equalizer. After I've calmed down I will realise that that was a good performance against one of the best teams in the league, but it feels like another 2 points thrown away. We look like a very good league 2 team, just the final piece of the jigsaw is missing.

I think there’s two pieces... the inability to keep the ball out of our net and the inability to stick it in the oppositions. Apart from that we’re fine.

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m trying to think of something worse than our defending for that goal and I’ve decided  it’s Vale1995. 

Frustrating, but can’t help feeling that, after those 6 defeats, the last 3 results represent a steadying of the ship. We’ve played 3 decent teams and have held our own. I’m feeling a bit more positiv

This is off topic but OK, "is Askey better than the current alternatives?"  And when you've answered that, please tell me why is it that fans always assume the next guy in the job will always be bette

Posted Images

Good evening fellow Valiants,

Well another game where the Valiants should've walked away with three points, yet didn't.

One has to say this is getting quite underwhelming now, one was under the impression that glory was going to be returning to the streets of Burslem in 2021. However, one now seems resigned to accept the fact that it will be another mediocre finish in in the fourth tier of English Football.

Does anyone still think John Colin Askey is the man to bring glory back to the streets of Burslem? If so, one would politely recommend the alcohol you are currently consuming to one's self as one does love a strong drop.

All the very best,

Jeff.

2 minutes ago, Jeff. said:

Well another game where the Valiants should've walked away with three points, yet didn't.

One has to say this is getting quite underwhelming now, one was under the impression that glory was going to be returning to the streets of Burslem in 2021. However, one now seems resigned to accept the fact that it will be another mediocre finish in in the fourth tier of English Football.

Does anyone still think John Colin Askey is the man to bring glory back to the streets of Burslem? If so, one would politely recommend the alcohol you are currently consuming to one's self as one does love a strong drop.

All the very best,

Jeff.

Sadly Askey can't be out there putting all these gifts away Jeff.  That' s the job of the players.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, osprey said:

You are a cheery chap

Its what following your local team in the football basement does for you.

The point is if we keep playing that way we will win a few games but we will also loose few too.

• Like 1

Advert:

Its what following your local team in the football basement does for you.
The point is if we keep playing that way we will win a few games but we will also loose few too.

And probably draw some too

Another good performance and another good advert for league 2 football. Desperately need to find a finisher in jan if we are able too. Looks like it’s may be coming together but the longer we go on the harder we make it for ourselves.

3 minutes ago, osprey said:

And probably draw some too

Yes which will leave us nowhere near the expected play off positions which I'm pretty sure would haven been mandated by the club before the season started. 

39 minutes ago, Moz said:

What rubbish. First, 1+2+6=9. Second, you could say 1W and 2D in the last three against fancied sides. Askey's our man and he'll be a success if we get behind him and the team.

Good evening Moz,

Hope you are well on this December evening.

As one's fine self still believes that John Colin Askey is the man to bring glory back to the streets of Burslem despite the Valiants flagging in the bottom half of the fourth tier of English Football. One would just like to know which alcoholic beverage one is consuming this evening? As stated previously, one does love a strong drop!

All the very best,

Jeff.

8 minutes ago, Jeff. said:

All the very best,

Jeff.

Sign me up. I absolutely believe he will, given time and backing.

Even if we only end up with mediocrity this season then that will be a couple of seasons that he has finished higher than all other triers in the previous decade.

You need to be careful what you are wishing for.

• Like 1

Advert:

3 minutes ago, MBE said:

Yes which will leave us nowhere near the expected play off positions which I'm pretty sure would haven been mandated by the club before the season started. 

We will be not be anywhere near the playoffs with that defence. Starting to think a decent centre back is becoming more of a priority than a striker or midfielder.

Doing my head in . The nearly men.

I totally get the ' we are playing well ' , because we are.

However one win in eight when we are playing well doesn't bode well for when performance drops off. 

Until we get back to near normality if this vaccine is a success I'm losing the enthusiasm week by week. 

The truly awful ifollow with Crewe commentary until about 10 seconds into our game and the boring ramblings of Radio Stoke. 

Roll on August, totally cheesed off. 

Fair play to the Bolton fans who somehow got in the Cheltenham end tonight and had a good old mental in the 90th minute. Not quite the same in your living room is it. 

Totally cheesed off

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ron C said:

Even if we only end up with mediocrity this season then that will be a couple of seasons that he has finished higher than all other triers in the previous decade.

I understand where you are coming from Ron but the club is in a very different place now from when we had triers.

1 minute ago, Ron C said:

Sign me up. I absolutely believe he will, given time and backing.

You need to be careful what you are wishing for.

Good evening Ron C,

I hope you are well on this December evening.

Ron C seems like a man that one could enjoy spending time with as he clearly loves a strong drop. In the previous decade glory was returned to the streets of Burslem via Michael Richard Adams.

One wishes for glory to be returned to the streets of Burslem again.

All the very best Ron,

Jeff.

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I found this recent photograph of Jeff. 

image.jpeg.c018e9addcf3864b0560225dab913ea6.jpeg

Good evening Jacko,

As ever, I hope one is well. 

It's always a pleasure to be greeted by your presence, one would say it even makes one's day in these troubled times.

One wishes you all the very best throughout the festive period.

Jeff.

4 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Starting to think a decent centre back is becoming more of a priority than a striker or midfielder.

We are hopelessly exposed for pace when Legge gets pulled out wide. It has happened time and again at home. Its Ok playing away because the full backs don't push up anywhere near as much so he can sit in the middle and be a head on stick which he is still great at.

We either need to sign a right sided centre back with pace or change the way we are playing.

29 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

Two points dropped...

Another good performance tonight, but the lack of cutting edge has cost us again. How many times have we said that this season? 

Plenty of positives to take from tonight, regardless of the result. Hurst played well again, he understandably tired before being taken off. He’s certainly a rough diamond, and someone I’d be willing to stick with. Rodney is a handful and we are slowly seeing his true potential. 

As a whole, I thought we probably edged the game. FGR are a good side; they will be there or thereabouts come May. 

We need to start finishing our chances or else this season is in serious doubt of fizzling out. 

Too true

Very good performance, except for scoring goals. Trouble is its a number of players that are failing us. Its not the system, certainly not the last few home games. These players just do not have goals in them.

Poor Legge performance again. Terrible goal to give away. Its the first 11 we need to look at replacing. Legge, Joyce, Pope all to be replaced with first team players before we see promotion. Not this season i am afraid.

Hurst, Mills,Fitzpatrick DO strengthen the squad. Had decent games to be fair and could all play again when needed. 

Yes you say FGR are a good team. I think that 10 teams are all decent teams. Nothing special but too many teams who will finish above us. 

Praise to Rodney who had another good game tonight. We need more than him up front though. We should play two up front but i am afraid Askey will not look at that.. Well done Rodney