Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wtf is wrong with people? Carol and Kevin paid many times over the odds to save this club.  They have financed it through Covid, done tremendous community work in the name of the club and have be

Don't talk rubbish, Tyler.  It's just that I'm considerably older than most of you lot and so I've seen all this before.  That's why I don't think we're going to win the league every time we get three

Tonight was a culmination of several weeks. We're just, fundamentally, not a playoff side. Yes, we had suspensions and absences. Stevenage had won 4 in 49 before tonight, and 1 so far this s

Posted Images

I won't put my full thoughts on that just incase Askey morphs into the kind of beast we now need in the dressing to deliver a huge rocket and turn it round.

That was bloody awful!

We're in that really dodgy zone now of not looking like we know what the plan is and looking like we've never seen each other before.

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

For an indicator of how dreadful we've become

Oldham are currently 2 points behind us !! 

But, but we’re still doing as well as last season. We’re doing really well and have improved so much. Sick of hearing rubbish like that now. We were a win off top the other week. Will be behind Oldham after Saturday 

• Like 1

Advert:

6 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

What is phil bowers expecting mckirdy to do the ball hasnt been anywhere neear his feet he needs someone giving him the ball on the floor which is never gonna happen

Come on mate, all he’s done is lose the ball and foul people. Three times he’s had the ball played straight to his feet and he’s just lost it. Smith is way off his normal level. Oyeleke is too slow on the ball and is in danger of getting caught in possession every time. Burgess is anonymous. Robinson has had no service at all and set up the one half chance we’ve had when he set up Monty.

We are missing the spine of the team Legge, Joyce and Pope.  In addition, Amoo and Conlon would strengthen this 11, but there is no excuse for the performances of some of their replacements. 

• Like 1

I always try not let my emotions get controlled by Vale because its north the stress. 

But that was probably one of the worst 45 minutes of football I've seen vale play. This is Aspin ,Gannon and Brown bad.

Can a player please take some f###ing responsibility and get the ball moving forward with some passion. Like a deer in headlights out there 

Sick of this negative back passing and hoofball

Edited by boslemportvale91
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Really poor first half. 

Mckirdy is way to lightweight. Burgess has been missing the whole half. Absolutely nothing upfront.

Embarrassing.

If Burgess is being asked to sit back, i am not surprised.

Montano, Worral, McKirdy, Robinson they need to perform

My summary so far :

- Both centre halves have been terrible. Every opposition clearly knows that they can let our centre halves have the ball.

- We have lost every challenge and second ball. We don’t look interested. 

- It seems like we’ve jumbled a midfield together. McKirdy doesn’t have a clue where he’s playing or his role, just put him out wide. Also I forgot that Burgess was playing, I’m starting to wonder what he offers.

- Robinson clearly isn’t the answer, but are any of our strikers? We are smashing balls at him and expecting miracles.

- However, the most obvious and worrying point is our failure to create anything once again. 

Show us something else in the second half, for Christ sake.

Advert:

Jesus wept. What on earth is there to be even the slightly bit remotely positive about!!?!?
Really poor signings. Awful tactics and selections. Awful use of subs. 
Portvale 0-1 kings lynn 
port vale 3-4 tranmere 4
port vale 0-1 Scunthorpe 
newport 1-0 portvale 
Stevenage 1-0 portvale (obviously so far) 
its appauling. We’ve played 3 dire sides there. So far in 4 and a bit games we haven’t even scored from open play. Shambolic. 
How about:

Not having Smurfwaite as an owner
Not having a strike force of Regino Cecelia and Martin Paterson
Not having a choice between Fasan and Mehmet in goal
That football is taking place during the pandemic
Not being bottom of the league
The fact that we have seen some wins this season
The fact that our club are doing great things for the local community
The fact that you haven't died from Covid
The fact that someday you might log onto ovf and not have to read yours and others over the top negative posts.

Its not great this season but there are plenty of reasons to be positive you just have to look for them rather than looking for reasons to be negative

I think some people are remembering last season with rose tinted spectacles. We were ok but not great. Every 4 or 5 games we had a really good performance. And the season was curtailed whilst we were on a great run. Its unlikely but we may not have won another game all season.

Why don't you go and tell a Macc fan all you problems and see where they tell you to go.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes after halftime against Tranmere we were looking comfortable in a tricky game. One moment of madness and ultimately its descended to tonight. Most sports are about trying to stay on the wave because its a damned sight harder to get back on one once you are off it. Looking around the team it needs someone on the pitch to step up and show some leadership.  We've been unfortunate at times recently but too many players look like they are walking around feeling sorry for themselves.

Sad to watch Oyeleke. He looks a small fraction of the player he was before the injuries.

Edited by JRC

Advert:

3 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

How about:

Not having Smurfwaite as an owner
Not having a strike force of Regino Cecelia and Martin Paterson
Not having a choice between Fasan and Mehmet in goal
That football is taking place during the pandemic
Not being bottom of the league
The fact that we have seen some wins this season
The fact that our club are doing great things for the local community
The fact that you haven't died from Covid
The fact that someday you might log onto ovf and not have to read yours and others over the top negative posts.

Its not great this season but there are plenty of reasons to be positive you just have to look for them rather than looking for reasons to be negative

I think some people are remembering last season with rose tinted spectacles. We were ok but not great. Every 4 or 5 games we had a really good performance. And the season was curtailed whilst we were on a great run. Its unlikely but we may not have won another game all season.

Why don't you go and tell a Macc fan all you problems and see where they tell you to go.

Amazing. 

Why do we have to be compared to macc? There nothing to do with us. Stop making out we’re doing brilliant because we’re not out of business. 

Delighted with owners and off the pitch community. 

Happy that I’ve not died from covid? That relates to this how?

happy we’ve won some games? <ovf censored> hell I know we’re scraping the barrel but Jesus. Not being bottom of the league. Some massive positives here!!! 

I would take them two over what we have now. There were poor but in a higher league better than this shower. 

There is not one reason to be positive about the footballing side. Off the pitch fine. But not on it. 

Edited by valiant_593