Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Advert:

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't talk rubbish, Tyler.  It's just that I'm considerably older than most of you lot and so I've seen all this before.  That's why I don't think we're going to win the league every time we get three

Even worse, I think you could argue that our best 11 contains 10 players that Askey inherited; Brown Gibbons Legge Smith Clark Oyeleke Joyce Conlon Amoo Pope Worrall Add this

Tonight was a culmination of several weeks. We're just, fundamentally, not a playoff side. Yes, we had suspensions and absences. Stevenage had won 4 in 49 before tonight, and 1 so far this s

Posted Images

Just now, Quebec_Valiant said:

We have this every time we have a sticky patch of form.  These players should be able to motivate themselves, with a little professional pride.

You're deluded if you think this is just a blip and we'll suddenly find our way under John Askey.

6 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I see a bunch of players that aren't really playing for the manager now. And who can blame them. He hardly comes across as inspiring, does he?

Another couple of losses and maybe one or two of the twonks on here will get their head out of the clouds before the season gets away from us.

Assuming you’re referring to people like me who said Askey in. Clearly the last few performances and results have been diabolical. I was just saying it’s too early to give the boot and give him a chance. Clearly if losses continue to build up he’ll start to give the owners no choice. 

4 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Cant wait for the askey in brigade be singing his praises after this. Genuinely you no nothing about football if you think this anything but a horror show

I don’t think any of the Askey in brigade has been singing his praises over recent performances. Just saying give him a chance to turn it around after last year. Obviously this and other recent performances have been awful and if this continues on his position will become untenable.

• Like 1

The main concern for me is how we are playing. Last season we rarely played hoofball and played good football. This season majority of games have been hoofball, which doesn’t work even with Pope on, never mind with Robinson or Cullen. I don’t know why this is happening but we won’t win many games whilst doing it.

Advert:

Lose tonight and fail to win on Saturday and I don't see how Askey keeps his job. But it's Port Vale, a club with little to no ambition, right from the majority of the fans to the cleaners who unblock the players turds from the changing room bogs.

Edited by TylerB

6 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Just a reminder these are second bottom 

A reminder to all. Start of season many were thrilled at how good our squad was.

We will see tonight. Against a poor poor team.

Still mistakes at the back.

Midfield system looks a shambles but again many have been asking for this, even slating Askey.

There are 11 players out there. They should perform. Look no further for tonight.

1 minute ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

A reminder to all. Start of season many were thrilled at how good our squad was.

We will see tonight. Against a poor poor team.

Still mistakes at the back.

Midfield system looks a shambles but again many have been asking for this, even slating Askey.

There are 11 players out there. They should perform. Look no further for tonight.

Look no further this is the biggest shambles of a perfomance ive ever seen. Wake the <ovf censored> up this is all on askeys head and its been like this for weeks

Advert:

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

Lose tonight and fail to win on Saturday and I don't see how Askey keeps his job. But it's Port Vale, a club with little to no ambition, right from the majority of the fans to the cleaners who unblock the players turds from the changing room bogs.

Other more ambitious clubs are more than willing to accept your support whenever you wish to jump ship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TylerB said:

You're deluded if you think this is just a blip and we'll suddenly find our way under John Askey.

Not deluded at all. Just don’t think that you can put all of this at the managers door.  

I think with Legge and Pope out of the team there could be a shortage of leaders out there today.

I think that is a more likely scenario than the players not wanting to play for the manager, and even if they don’t that shouldn’t be an excuse.  It wouldn’t go down well if I tried that at work.

Not sure why you have to be so negative all the time.  The evenings must fly by at your place.

Advert:

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

But it's Port Vale, a club with little to no ambition, right from the majority of the fans to the cleaners 

For <ovf censored> sake, stop the wrist cutting Beechy or stick to Anfield. None of that is true now Scumthwaite is gone. Carol isn't daft. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

Not deluded at all. Just don’t think that you can put all of this at the managers door.  

I think with Legge and Pope out of the team there could be a shortage of leaders out there today.

I think that is a more likely scenario than the players not wanting to play for the manager, and even if they don’t that shouldn’t be an excuse.  It wouldn’t go down well if I tried that at work.

exactly this