Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Time to start a winning run. Where better than Stevenage with only a league win in September to brag about. But suspensions, injuries and Covid have reduced our options,  thus Brisley and McKirdy must be in the running.  However I  will leave selecting a team to win by 3 goals to Askey,  but there may well be interesting alternatives.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wtf is wrong with people? Carol and Kevin paid many times over the odds to save this club.  They have financed it through Covid, done tremendous community work in the name of the club and have be

Don't talk rubbish, Tyler.  It's just that I'm considerably older than most of you lot and so I've seen all this before.  That's why I don't think we're going to win the league every time we get three

Tonight was a culmination of several weeks. We're just, fundamentally, not a playoff side. Yes, we had suspensions and absences. Stevenage had won 4 in 49 before tonight, and 1 so far this s

Posted Images

Have no idea what the score will be but the chances are it will end .... Port Vale 0 unless  we change things around.

As I’ve said on a different page, I think he must try 5.3.2 which sounds defensive, but if you’ve got two attacking WB’s in Clarke and Monty, two up top and Worrall, Burgess and Manny in midfield we really ought to have creativity in us.

But I agree.... it’s a must win for me and anything other than 3 points and I’ll be nudging towards the ‘out’ camp.

11 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

He did.  And the dwarf Tony Naylor was the 1!

What we wouldn't give for Tony Naylor right now.  He could make a goal out of absolutely nothing.  We've got nobody within a million miles of him.  Non of our 4 "strikers", and I use the word loosely, have the workrate of Naylor let alone the ability.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A bit of a boring observation...... Just listened to the ale and vale and they mentioned a lad named Elliott Osborne. He was in Nathan Smiths year at our academy and was released by us at 18. He’s done well to drop out to non league and get himself back to a league club.