onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Yeovil Town

Fosse69

Advert

Safety won't be confirmed tomorrow night but avoiding defeat will maintain momentum.

We may have had less time to prepare but I believe the impetus from Saturday will be a key factor for us.

Also our bench is now looking stronger so substitutes who are able to change the game are waiting in the wings.

Saturday was a benchmark and although it's difficult to maintain that so soon afterwards I believe we can.......and will.

Admire all who try and suggest that a draw will be acceptable. However, should we not be expecting and demanding a win against this opposition? We are fighting for our lives and to have the opportunity of a home game against a Team near/lower than us in the League, to me at least is heaven sent. If we now cannot beat these sides we really are in dire straits.

Yeovil will no doubt not be looking forward to a long trip to us on a wet, cold Tuesday night and frankly they are not world beaters either.

Let them worry about us for a change. It was not so long ago that anything but an expected 2 0 win for us would have been mightily frowned upon by the Valiant faithful.

Get rid of the apathy, we have fought our way, somehow to be in a position now to secure our League lives with points on the board on a regular basis. The mojo is back, there is an air of confidence again around us. We have to take advantage of this whilst we can and tonight is an absolute pearl of a chance to cement further our position in this Division.

Get behind the lads and they will show us now what has been missing for yonks. I believe we will get the 3 points that will make Yeovil shudder even more in their boots. #foreveroptimistic.

The only change I would cosider making is bringing in what should be a fresh Ben Whitfield, though I'm not sure who for. Oyeleke doesn't seem to be the fittest fella around and you would have to question whether two games in the space of a few days would be too much for him. So perhaps start Whitfield and bring him off the Oyeleke with half an hour to go or something.

That is a very sensible point. I’d go with that.

A draw would be very acceptable because it would deprive Yeovil of two points and leapfrogging us. Don't think Saturday will be repeated, it is going to be a grind against a very defensive minded side.

Admire all who try and suggest that a draw will be acceptable. However, should we not be expecting and demanding a win against this opposition? We are fighting for our lives and to have the opportunity of a home game against a Team near/lower than us in the League, to me at least is heaven sent. If we now cannot beat these sides we really are in dire straits.

Yeovil will no doubt not be looking forward to a long trip to us on a wet, cold Tuesday night and frankly they are not world beaters either.

Let them worry about us for a change. It was not so long ago that anything but an expected 2 0 win for us would have been mightily frowned upon by the Valiant faithful.

Get rid of the apathy, we have fought our way, somehow to be in a position now to secure our League lives with points on the board on a regular basis. The mojo is back, there is an air of confidence again around us. We have to take advantage of this whilst we can and tonight is an absolute pearl of a chance to cement further our position in this Division.

Get behind the lads and they will show us now what has been missing for yonks. I believe we will get the 3 points that will make Yeovil shudder even more in their boots. #foreveroptimistic.

It would be very Vale to lose tonight.

I'd be happy with a draw to be honest as I'd had saturday down as stone wall defeat so a four point haul from the two would be great I think.

I'd love to say same team and go at them but this will be a tough, physical game I think.

Those saying we should blow Yeovil away are being naive,we are one of the worst sides in the country and we should treat every team we play with respect.

The fact we won there comfortably has no bearing on tomorrows night game,Yeovil didn't lie down and get walked over a physical Lincoln,they will be fighting for their lives, so in my mind it's going to be a tough game.

I'm praying that we don't have the "After the Lord Mayors show" effect, the amount of effort we put in was immense and there will be tired legs,on the other hand Askey seems to be slowly turning us around and has stressed we need to repeat Saturdays performance the high pressure game we played was certainly more pleasing on the eye than Aspo's teams.

As long as we dont lose I will be delighted.

Absolutely spot-on and an objective assessment. We can't get carried away, but course in our hearts we're all hoping for another 3 points while at the same time, in our heads, we should acknolwedge that any result except a defeat will help to keep us clear of the trapdoor!

What times the pitch inspection? Cant see this happening tonight.

I rang the main club number and there's no option to speak to anyone about a pitch inspection as it doesn't fall into the categories you can press a button for.

So I asked the ticket office who "didn't think" there's a pitch inspection planned but was told to keep an eye on the website.

Yeovil don't score many goals, (only Vale & Cambridge have scored less) So I don't foresee many goals being scored tonight.

Vale should, I hope score at least one goal and if the defence switches off as many times they do, the visitors may score a goal.

Hope that the Vale can win by at least the odd goal, but a 0-0 or 1-1 draw looks likely.

Archived