onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Yeovil Town

Fosse69

Yeovil were truly awful. We may have been bad this season but no way have we been as bad as that. I couldn’t work out what formation they were playing first half and they had a team with a heart the size of a peanut. No desire and no effort at all.

I thought it literally was a game of 2 halves, they allowed us so much room down the flanks first half that it was embarassing and they made no attempt to change anything to stop a tide of attacks that was surely going to lead to a goal, and sure enough it did. We had free reign in the midfield and we controlled it easily. They couldn’t get near Conlon and manny.

Second half was a bit more scrappy as they eventually decided to stifle our wing play, but even so showed no real attempt to get at us. Maybe that’s because we played so well as we looked comfortable throughout. Credit to Brown (again) for a fantastic save from the only chance they had when he spread himself well at 2-0.

Overall an easy win against an awful side. I noticed Carl Dickinson in the Lorne st chatting to Yatesy, he may not be the best player in the world but surely he’d have given them some effort tonight instead of the 2 wingers they had playing at full back.

Advert

Very good result against a god awful side.

Thought Joyce, Conlon and Worrall were all excellent, the midfield in general were very strong and Ricky Miller was everywhere. Scott Brown’s save at the end was outstanding once again.

Two things that really stood out today regarding player moral, as players were subbed Legge as captain was over to all three of them showing them great support and when Worrall got himself involved in some silly stuff Miller was straight over to set him straight him straight and tell him to cut it out putting an arm around him once he’d done so. In addition every time Miller was played a ball he reacted with a big thumbs up to his team mate, it’s so refreshing to see.

Notable mentions also to Arthur and the referee. Arthur, although bringing Miller in to the side was forced upon him has now found a front 6 that work well and interchange well together, has binned the lethargic Kay and who has us playing with the intensity fans have been craving. The ref you can tell is championship standard as he managed the game particularly well aside from a couple of minutes of player silliness that led to a couple of odd decisions in the second half.

To be fair, Joyce has stepped up to the plate recently. Good on him. But he was gash earlier. The ref seemed a bit erratic, but didn't influence the game.

Well done Arthur. It is rare I agree with you but this is hardly an insult is it? Anyone associated with Vale is a bit of a comedian? You knicked it from me but that is fine. It was never meant as any kind of term of abuse. Where's me washboard? (eh eh, and yes I know what you were doing with that lady last nigh, how queer, how queer).

And this is a fast show spoof of Arthur.

As long as we stay up, what's that between me and you and a bit of how's your father? Eh, eh?

Where's me washboard.

As a Vale fan life without taking the mick out off yourselves would be pretty miserable.

You are right they were rubbish. But just the kind of rubbish we'd have lost against a few weeks ago.

Credit to Askey for getting them to play in a way that Aspin never had the confidence that we could. You can tell the players are enjoying playing this style of football and they have that extra bit of spring in their step and zip to their passing.

Some of the passing (on the ground) and moving, particularly in the first half was fantastic to watch and we deserved to be more than a goal to the good at half-time.

Special mentions for Worrall, Joyce and Conlon who I thought were outstanding with Conlon deserving man of the match for that wonder-strike alone.

It's early days but hopefully this is the start of developing a side that we can all get behind and be proud of. Well played lads, well played.

Wow another great performance once we went a goal ahead. The passing play was superb at times albeit against a very poor Yeovil team. Joyce and Conlon once again bossed the game and where fantastic.

Askey really does understand what Port Vale is all about and the turn around in play with the same players has been remarkable. I wonder what he could do with the backing of a new owner, 4 - 5,000 season ticket holders and a full pre season?

What a result that was, I thought we outplayed Yeovil from start to finish, I thought every player stood out tonight, same again Saturday:smile: I would easily take a point Saturday but if we get then it would pretty much put us safe for next season.

Well done the whole squad. Smiling faces twice in a week at Vale, eh. Who'd believe it? Midfield destroyed them. Defenders were solid. Forwards were terrific. To add to a superb night , WOW, Conlon's goal was worth the entrance fee alone. May even sleep tonight for a change. Fantastic last 3 games keep it up Vale. Very proud of you.

Goal of the season from Conlon, although he was motm apart from the goal. Worrall has found a new lease of life long may that continue, Joyce getting back to his best,Legge a rock at the back.

Another 4/5 points should see us safe.

Absolute joy watching that tonight, what a difference on just 4 weeks ago! You wouldn’t believe that it’s pretty much the same bunch players (barring crooks).

The midfield was great today, particularly Worrell and then Conlan. I thought Worrell and Clark’s interchanges in the 1st half was the best pairing I’ve seen in a number of seasons.

Awesome performance!

Let’s not forget Manny. Well and truly got his swagger back. But I agree Conlon Motm. Was everywhere and never stopped working. Askey is really starting to turn it round. Fair play JOHN!

John Askeys Black n White Army doesn’t work, gotta be ARTHUR 😂😂😂

Archived