onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Yeovil Town

Fosse69

What a great performance from everyone.

Feel bit sorry for Gibbons getting injured because Clark and Worrall are forging a brilliant understanding. First half especially the moves and interchanges were excellent.

On Worrall, I was banging the drum for him months ago. We were so dire and poor that even an out of form Worrall was surely worthy of a place on the bench.

God only knows what went on under Aspin with him, completely ostracised and sent to Coventry ( I know he had a car crash ? ) .

His contract is up this summer, maybe this renaissance will make us want to keep him. A good footballer with a good brain and eye for a pass.

Welcome back David

Advert

I recon we would have been all but safe NOW had both Notts and Morecambe not surprisingly won last night........

Every team below us will win a couple between now and the end of the season but they'll need to do more than that and we'll win some more so all of a sudden I'd say we're safe.

⬆️ ⬆️ ⬆️ ⬆️

This. 100% spot on👍

We,be been begging for Pope and Miller up front but Aspin and Askey insist on playing one up front.

Pope needs help and last night would have been bullied by their 7ft centre half.

At least now we have another option and Worrall is like having a new signing.

The midfield with Joyce,Conlon and Manny are controlling the game.

Smith is more comfortable alongside Legge who wins everything in the air.

The question is who do you drop to accommodate Pope after how we have played the last two games.

He drops nobody Ernie.

Pope will have to bide his time. He's a club man so will surely understand though not be happy as he'll want to play.

Miller is a nuisance I'd hate to play against him. At the moment he has the shirt on merit, until the goals dry up or his form dips then Pope will have to be patient.

The new system Askey has introduced is refreshing to say the least. Although it looks like we only have 1 upfront, the wingers and midfielders are much further forward. No player is isolated and it allows the superb passing and move game that we are now seeing. We are seeing wave after wave of attacking football and we now look a good side. I did not think we could play with such intensity over 2 games in 4 days but last night they still looked like they had something in the tank in the last minute of the game. The players have all got smiles on their faces now and so have the fans.

We,be been begging for Pope and Miller up front but Aspin and Askey insist on playing one up front.

Pope needs help and last night would have been bullied by their 7ft centre half.

The question is who do you drop to accommodate Pope after how we have played the last two games.

Don't drop anyone--stick with the same line-up and Tom will have to take his turn on the bench! Knowing the man, I'm sure he would agree.

He drops nobody Ernie.

Pope will have to bide his time. He's a club man so will surely understand though not be happy as he'll want to play.

Miller is a nuisance I'd hate to play against him. At the moment he has the shirt on merit, until the goals dry up or his form dips then Pope will have to be patient.

Pope has the chance now to properly recover from his injuries, will be a welcome option/alternative to our striker options. Up to him to justify his place and his extended contract. In the meantime he can enjoy watching the Vale, a change for all of us.

Admire all who try and suggest that a draw will be acceptable. However, should we not be expecting and demanding a win against this opposition? We are fighting for our lives and to have the opportunity of a home game against a Team near/lower than us in the League, to me at least is heaven sent. If we now cannot beat these sides we really are in dire straits.

Yeovil will no doubt not be looking forward to a long trip to us on a wet, cold Tuesday night and frankly they are not world beaters either.

Let them worry about us for a change. It was not so long ago that anything but an expected 2 0 win for us would have been mightily frowned upon by the Valiant faithful.

Get rid of the apathy, we have fought our way, somehow to be in a position now to secure our League lives with points on the board on a regular basis. The mojo is back, there is an air of confidence again around us. We have to take advantage of this whilst we can and tonight is an absolute pearl of a chance to cement further our position in this Division.

Get behind the lads and they will show us now what has been missing for yonks. I believe we will get the 3 points that will make Yeovil shudder even more in their boots. #foreveroptimistic.

This was my post pre-match. #foreveroptimistic.

Great performance all round last night, from back to front.

We were solid defensively, superb in midfield, and Miller caused them all sorts of problems. So, just like Saturday really, without the Miller goals. Manny was my MOM, closely followed by Worrall and Miller.

Same again on Saturday please! Even though we're away, I hope we try to do exactly the same things. It's still a rectangular grass pitch, with a round ball and 11 men on the other side after all.

As a side issue, it amazes me that some people are already trying to shoehorn Pope back into the side! To accommodate this, one very undeserving teammate would have to be dropped, or the winning system would have to change to bring in another striker. Either way, the evident clamouring by some for Pope to be immediately restored to the side just goes to show what a blinkered view you have of a now limited target man.

The answer is nobody. The is not one reason why pope should come straight back in the side.

I'm loving the fact that we have two decent strikers who bring different things to the game.

Either can be used in this system.

I'm sure Askey will make sure of that.

He seems to know how to get the best out of a team.

One could start, the other a sub to change things up.

They could be rotated to exploit opposition weaknesses.

Most of all, it stops teams setting up to stop us, as they won't know what they're facing.

Another important factor is that the whole team is further forward, so support is there.

I think this is a brilliant opportunity.

Archived