onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Yeovil Town

Fosse69

Before anything, special mention to John Askey who has transformed a dead and buried Vale squad into fighters. We finally look like a football team again.

A slow first 20 minutes had me wondering whether the Vale of old were back for another showing but credit to the lads they stepped up after Manny’s goal and totally blew Yeovil away. For the rest of the half we had them pegged back. Second half was total domination. We were playing some very neat stuff in and around their box. All the play was going through Joyce, who I must say looked calm and composed. He has proved to be a much better option than Kay who would mess around and hold onto the ball too much. Worrall was absolutely superb, ran himself into the ground whilst playing some very neat football. Worrall at his best can make a huge difference to a starting XI and we thankfully are seeing that. Miller also had another fine game as he battled away causing a nuisance for their big two centre halves. However, the man who stole all the headlines and deservedly so was Conlon. What a match he had and he capped it off with an absolute stunner. Does that boy stop running? He was winning every first and second ball in his path. Whilst playing some clever football, with various different flicks and touches. Long may his form continue. Well done, Vale. I’ve got a sneaky feeling we may win a few more this season.

I’m seeing fans comment on Pope. For me when fit he is in the starting XI, although he may have to wait. He is a goalscorer and someone who will be vital in the run in. Get players around him and give him the support like Miller is getting, then I’m sure he’d fit right into this system and start scoring them goals again. At the end of the day he’s a leader, goal scorer and most importantly Vale through and through. We need him more than ever. Everyone saying he’s past it and shouldn’t be in our XI, needs to get a grip.

Advert

Excellent win for the Vale. Yeovil were awful, but Conlon , Worrall and Joyce gave them no time on the ball. Midfield was solid and Leon was a rock at the back. Now for that Conlon goal. What a finish that was. Goal of the season in L2?

Fitness levels were great , especially at this late stage, and Vale were hungry all over the park. Credit to John Askey and Dave Kevan. The hard work is paying off .

We’re not out of the woods yet though, with Morecambe and Notts Co. winning. I didn’t see that coming, especially Morecambe. I’d gladly take a point on Saturday. I think we’ll need about 49/51 points to be sure of safety. Off to bed soon with that Conlon strike in my head like a dream. UTV

I'm pleased that Askey is getting a few plaudits tonight as quite a few said he wasn't the right man so must be eating a large slice of humble pie at the moment.

I agree fully with the general comments above. The difference is that our midfield players look a yard quicker and a lot fitter than they've done all season long. Bringing back Worrall from the wilderness has been a master stroke. Legge too.

I didn't think they were capable of putting in another all-action shift like Saturday but they did!

And as you say that goal from Conlon was outstanding. What a strike.

two great home wins. Long may it continue.

Before anything, special mention to John Askey who has transformed a dead and buried Vale squad into fighters. We finally look like a football team again.

A slow first 20 minutes had me wondering whether the Vale of old were back for another showing but credit to the lads they stepped up after Manny’s goal and totally blew Yeovil away. For the rest of the half we had them pegged back. Second half was total domination. We were playing some very neat stuff in and around their box. All the play was going through Joyce, who I must say looked calm and composed. He has proved to be a much better option than Kay who would mess around and hold onto the ball too much. Worrall was absolutely superb, ran himself into the ground whilst playing some very neat football. Worrall at his best can make a huge difference to a starting XI and we thankfully are seeing that. Miller also had another fine game as he battled away causing a nuisance for their big two centre halves. However, the man who stole all the headlines and deservedly so was Conlon. What a match he had and he capped it off with an absolute stunner. Does that boy stop running? He was winning every first and second ball in his path. Whilst playing some clever football, with various different flicks and touches. Long may his form continue. Well done, Vale. I’ve got a sneaky feeling we may win a few more this season.

I’m seeing fans comment on Pope. For me when fit he is in the starting XI, although he may have to wait. He is a goalscorer and someone who will be vital in the run in. Get players around him and give him the support like Miller is getting, then I’m sure he’d fit right into this system and start scoring them goals again. At the end of the day he’s a leader, goal scorer and most importantly Vale through and through. We need him more than ever. Everyone saying he’s past it and shouldn’t be in our XI, needs to get a grip.

⬆️ ⬆️ ⬆️ ⬆️

This. 100% spot on👍

I'm pleased that Askey is getting a few plaudits tonight as quite a few said he wasn't the right man so must be eating a large slice of humble pie at the moment.

I agree fully with the general comments above. The difference is that our midfield players look a yard quicker and a lot fitter than they've done all season long. Bringing back Worrall from the wilderness has been a master stroke. Legge too.

I didn't think they were capable of putting in another all-action shift like Saturday but they did!

REP choking on his supper to night,loves a sarcastic dig at the manager does REP.

I’m in rarified air now ,Sage. Getting comments from yourself. UTV

Excellent win for the Vale. Yeovil were awful, but Conlon , Worrall and Joyce gave them no time on the ball. Midfield was solid and Leon was a rock at the back. Now for that Conlon goal. What a finish that was. Goal of the season in L2?

Fitness levels were great , especially at this late stage, and Vale were hungry all over the park. Credit to John Askey and Dave Kevan. The hard work is paying off .

We’re not out of the woods yet though, with Morecambe and Notts Co. winning. I didn’t see that coming, especially Morecambe. I’d gladly take a point on Saturday. I think we’ll need about 49/51 points to be sure of safety. Off to bed soon with that Conlon strike in my head like a dream. UTV

49-51 points? Not a prayer.

One more win will do.

Macc and Notts have averaged around 10 points every 12 games. If you think one of them two are going to hit 50 points, you’re delusional. Same with Yeovil. Do you see them getting 14 points from a possible 27? They’re garbage.

2nd bottom will go down with 42 points. Give or take 2 points. If that. And you can quote me on that.

Superb again i believe well done the Vale and what a goal that goal from Conlon was outstandingly out of this world .

A good few days for all the faithful ,very pleased .

UTV

The 23rd placed club are in effect 9 points behind us when you consider the goal difference with nine games to go. That will take a hell of a lot of clawing back in such a short time. I recon one more win and a couple of draws maybe and we are safe....

Just saw that wonder goal from last night, amazing. If that had been in the Premier League it would be all over the press this morning as goal of the decade....

49-51 points? Not a prayer.

One more win will do.

Macc and Notts have averaged around 10 points every 12 games. If you think one of them two are going to hit 50 points, you’re delusional. Same with Yeovil. Do you see them getting 14 points from a possible 27? They’re garbage.

2nd bottom will go down with 42 points. Give or take 2 points. If that. And you can quote me on that.

Agreed, 43 points will be enough, our goal difference is much better so Notts County would need 12 points from 9 games so either 4 wins or 3 wins and 3 draws, both unlikely.

Archived