onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players in and out

Rampant Zebra

Don’t understand us signing Angus now. Makes no sense what so ever
We took a chance is all. Was playing well at a lower level, cost us nothing by way of a fee, is undoubtedly on a small wage, and may yet still come good. No brainer for me. It's the peterborough way, but on a smaller scale.

Advert

The difficulty we've got is that we don't really have a full fixture list of reserve games and so any player not in the first team squad doesn't really play much and can quickly lose fitness and a bit of enthusiasm I guess.

If Angus isn't in our immediate plans it makes sense to loan him out so that he can play regularly and keep fully match fit.

Let's cross everything that some of our other non league signings do come off!

Angus is a strange one, cameo at FGR upon signing . Loaned out. Played at Cambridge. Now loaned out again but only to the level he came from.

As people have said he was cheap and we took a chance, Aspo clearly thinks he is nowhere near our team or even as an option from the bench.

Leaves Kanu, Quigley and Dodds as options from the bench presuming they don't start.

In Aspo we trust .

Agree, looks lik Aspo’s trying to naff them off.
I would say more just being brutally honest that they are not in his plans. Will test their character to either change his view, or to convince another manager elsewhere that they still have something to offer

I would say more just being brutally honest that they are not in his plans. Will test their character to either change his view, or to convince another manager elsewhere that they still have something to offer

I’d say theres no chance of changing his mind. They’re playing and training with the youth. Look at today’s game, no defensive options because of injuries and he doesn’t bring Davis back in to cover.

I’d say theres no chance of changing his mind. They’re playing and training with the youth. Look at today’s game, no defensive options because of injuries and he doesn’t bring Davis back in to cover.
Don't disagree, just more a case of Aspo's honesty rather than naffing them off.

To be fair, Hornby changed his mind. was told he could look for a new club but came in and took his chance

We took a chance is all. Was playing well at a lower level, cost us nothing by way of a fee, is undoubtedly on a small wage, and may yet still come good. No brainer for me. It's the peterborough way, but on a smaller scale.

I agree. I’m just disappointed that he’s being loaned out again.

Rory Mckewon has been let go from the trial as aspin wants wing backs not a flat full back for the position

Good I think, I'm not a fan of Montano at CB. He's the ideal wing back if Aspin wants to play that way, I don't think we could sign a better one, so I'd rather not play him elsewhere.

Archived